World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] 733.03.18 | Catching Up [Talian]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
It had been a while since Volfetti had seen Talian. She didn't interact much with the Weyrlings, that would risk interacting with their lazy sod of a Weyrling Master. Initially she had wondered how on Pern he'd managed to get that job, but of course, he was in D'ren's pocket. Not that he was Weyrleader anymore... She frowned, shaking her head of such thoughts. Politics was something she didn't need to stick her nose into. Not only was it filthy Weyr business but she was a woman and that simply wasn't what she should be doing.

Seeing Talian Impress himself a little Brown had been interesting. Not only was it clear he hadn't wanted to even be there, but that a Brown had chosen him was interesting. If anything, Volfetti would have expected a Green, a nurturing one to care for the pains in his mind. She wasn't sure if she was happy for Talian's Impression, that she would decide after an afternoon together.

Adjusting the basket on her arm slightly she stared at the weyrling barracks. As a child she'd always had a part of her dreaming to Impress a dragon, because how could anyone not want to have one of the stunning beasts as a partner for life? Not to mention it would give her so many more years to fish. But now she was glad to be old enough to not stand for Impression. Even if she was eligible, she felt the age in her bones creeping in. How dragonriders could stand to live so long she didn't know. Inhaling she entered, looking around curiously at the building she had never entered before. It was so open, obviously to allow the growing dragons room to move, she felt a little lost at first. It didn't take her long to figure out where the newest class of weyrlings were sleeping though and she quickly headed that way.

"Talian?" She called out, peering around for the healer. A dozy little Green chirped at her, nosing at her legs for her attention. Looking down at the curled up dragon she blinked. "Do you know where Talian is, little one?" She chirped again and pointed her head to her left. Volfetti followed her gaze and spotted the healer further down. "Thank you!" She rubbed the Green's headknobs quickly before walking down to where Talian was.

"Hey, Talian. I hope I'm not interrupting anything?" She said hesitantly, trying not to pry into his personal space. "We haven't seen each other for so long, I thought I'd bring you some things." She gestured at the picnic basket hanging from her arm.

There's some fresh seafood in the basket for Khad if he wants to sniff it out!

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Talian was in his room, sprawled lazily on his bed while he reviewed the notes in his little journal for the dozenth time. It may have looked monotonous for anyone else, but he found it relaxing. Fellis was curled sweetly beside him, as always, and an empty mug of klah rested on the floor beside the bed.

It had been a lazy day for the healer so far, and he was thankful for that. Lessons had been tiring without being constant, and he had never been one to adjust to change. The new schedule, new surroundings, and new tasks were mind-bending to him. He lost a lot of sleep over it all, but all in all his spirits were decent. He'd spent the earliest days of his weyrlinghood alternating between cautious optimism an crushing depression, but with a little help from Khaduceth, he'd managed to get it under control. He wasn't exactly ecstatic, but he was giving the damn 'dragonrider' thing his best shot.

Khaduceth's quiet confidence helped a lot. It wasn't even necessarily the 'magic fix' element that so many raved about; Talian wouldn't describe it as the 'other half of his soul' or whatever illogical nonsense that someone else might spout. To him, the reason was clear as day: Khaduceth understood him perfectly, and was in a position to support without judgement. There was no judgement and, more importantly, no pressure to change. Talain had waited his whole life for someone to try to understand him without suggesting improvements. No one had ever done that for him before, and now that he had it, he finally felt comfortable with himself.

So many things were okay now. It was okay to hate the Weyr and it's leaders, it was okay to dread talking to annoyingly optimistic people, it was okay to think nine out of ten people were braindead idiots...and it was okay to desire his freedom from others' expectations. Khaduceth never once tried to talk him out of any of that. It was quite nice, and in a weird way,  Talian was starting to wonder if he really might have his freedom one day after all.

Fellis lifted his head and let out a soft chirp. Talian glanced up from his book just in time to hear Volfetti call out to him. Volfetti, really? It had been a long time. Talian sat up and nodded to her as she appeared in his door. "Um, hi. I haven't seen you in ages," he muttered.

He liked Volfetti, though he'd never bothered to get especially close. He saw someone in a very similar position, though. She'd resented being stolen as much as he had, and more than once they'd have a brief but weighty conversation about it. Of course, that was a long time ago now, too. Things had changed a lot for him, and he could only imagine the same was true for her. "Oh, that's nice of you, but..you didn't have to bring me anything."

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 500 Posts!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Volfetti gave Talian a soft smile. It didn't really surprise her that he was a little shocked at her appearance, after all their encounters had usually been filled with angst regarding their situations at Katila. "It has been a while." She said. "They sure keep you busy here. I've been meaning to stop by ever since the hatching, but well. Clearly that hasn't happened." She laughed, sourness tinging the sound. She glanced around, noticing that his Brown wasn't in the barracks with him. "I've got some fish I caught this morning, I thought maybe your dragon would like it?" She reached into the basket to take one of the wrapped fish and paused. Pursing her lips she sighed.

"Then again, they're probably on a strict diet or something for growth, right?" Volfetti shook her head at herself. What a stupid mistake, of course the dragons would be having regulated meals! Then again, how was she meant to know? She had no association with the young dragons and practically none with the adult ones unless she needed transport. Shaking her head again to clear her thoughts she looked up at Talian. "...What's it like?" She asked.

Out of anyone in the Weyr, Volfetti was probably one of the only people who wasn't about to congratulate Talian on his Impression. While curious about the experience, she understood his resentment and still harboured some herself towards Katila. Sure, she had accepted it at her new home, but only because it was the only option she had left. There was no way her family and hold would accept her back after six years. No doubt Tallome had found another woman to marry instead, raising Iriya with her or potentially even fostering her away first. Katila was her home but she didn't have to like it. If she had Impressed a dragon she would have resented each person congratulating her, as if they were rubbing salt in the wound. So when it came to Talian, she approached the matter much like she would have liked people to have done to her. Or so she imagined, anyway.

Nudging the wrapping of one of the fish she crouched down, plucking a piece out and holding it out to Fellis. "I'm surprised you know. You of all people with a firelizard, and then a dragon? Does it make you feel any... different?" She had initially wanted to say better, but figured that probably wasn't the best word to use given who she was talking to.

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Talian sat up and smiled softly, nodding in recognition of the gift. "Not as strict as you'd think," he commented lightly. "Obviously nothing cooked or intended for people, but fire lizards are naturally fish-eaters and dragons like to try and catch fish when they go swimming," he said, rattling off facts just as he was generally inclined to do. It was a good sign, a sign of normalcy and comfort. He felt comfortable enough with Khaduceth to make assertions related to the creature's health.

"It's more that he can't have cooked meat or anything too processed...Nothing complex like bread  or stew," Talian mused, almost thinking aloud as he sorted various food items into 'yes'and 'no' piles in his head. It was all a very interesting idea. He knew Erisi had gotten in trouble for feeding Charath meatrolls, but this was hardly the same thing.

While Talian was busy theorizing (and completely missing Volfetti's question), Ffellis inched towards the offered food. The timid beast sniffed at it for a moment before squeaking, looking nervously to Talian, as if asking permission to take the food. Talian snapped from his rattlings and grinned, giving the tiny beast a small push towards Volfetti. Fellis cheeped again and scooted forward on reluctant paws before snapping up the little morsel and backing away, right up onto Talian's hand. Tal lifted the hand, allowing Fellis to daintily transfer himself to the man's shoulder and enjoy his prize.

"I guess it is pretty weird," he said as he nodded towards the door. "Come on...we can see what Khaduceth thinks of your fish." As he headed for the door, he heard her previous question repeated in a new way. This time, he noticed it. Her froze for a moment, frowning.

Volfetti was in a much better position to understand his feelings on the matter than many of his other peers. Only B'jin's experiences ran so parallel, but the similarities across decades were much more coincidental than those between Talian and Volfetti. She was right to suspect that such congratulations would be akin to salt in a wound. Talian resented becoming a dragonrider, in spite of his pronounced desire to make a sincere effort.

"I love him, but I don't like him," he replied at length, simply and honestly. He and Khaduceth both knew it was true, though he felt a faint hint of sadness blended with recognition in the back of the dragon's mind. Khaduceth had been quietly watching, and when he noticed this similarity between his bonded and the girl, he  pitied them both. The brown dragon repeated his quiet promise again, relieved to feel the forgiveness and love stirring in his bonded's heart at the familiar words.

I will make it up to you

You don't have to. You're perfect

I want to

That's what makes you perfect

Talian shook it off. "It's strange. Come on, let's go outside." He wasn't sure if he wanted to talk about it.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 500 Posts!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)