World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] 732.09.26 | Mischeif maker [Open]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
Teegarth tilted his head as Silute muttered softly. Silute was bored bored bored. He wanted something to doWhy don't you go find someone to play with. Silute smiled "Thats a good idea Teegarth but who should I go play with.  So many people  so little time. He knew Teegarth was the best thing in his life right now and he hadn't been  hanging out with others but now he was starting to get bored.

Silute headed out of his room he wondered if any of his class mates were around. Maybe they could head to the water and hang out or have a picnic or something fun. He looked down the hallway. " Hello anyone around?" he said softly as he continued to search for someone to hang out with. He had been very good so far with Teegarth and not neglected him or went off anywhere without him but now he wanted some companionship of a different sort. He had waited long enough didn't he.

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
This was your idea, Shanith.  If B'jin catches me in his weyrling barracks...Are you sure...  She heard someone call out then and startled. 

The head that had been taking up part of the hall way leading to the outside lifted, Shanith letting out a happy bugle that reverberated off the walls and standing up.  We're here!  Hi! 

Aggravated, R'ana stuffed the little sculpture she had finished in her pack, and stuck her head in the hall.  "Dammit, Shanith.  what part of keeping unnoticed and quiet did you not under...."  Her expression changed as she saw Silute and she paused.  "Sorry.  Not supposed to yell at your dragon like a fishwife after over 20 turns.  I'm R'ana.  And if anyone asks, you lectured me about setting a bad example."

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Teegarth answered softly  Hello to you too. Silute grinned finally someone to relieve boredom. Though he had to cover his ears when Shanith let out the sound defiently not one for stealth.  His grin widened as he listened to R'ana go off yelling at the dragon for making so much noise.

Silute ended up laughing as he realized that R'ana finally noticed him standing there and went from mid yell to apology. " Why would I do that?When watching you was so much less boring then what I have been doing." His eyes twinkled merrily and mischievously. " Course I suggest we move it before someone old and more inclined to do the yelling shows up. "  He headed past her to the door turned and looked at her. " Your coming right?"

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Lips curved in an amused halfsmile, R'ana relaxing enough to see the funny side of this.  And it had been alot to expect of Shanith to keep quiet when someone else was talking.  She sent her an apology, and padded to the...he had to be a weyrling.

The green just let her mind fill with amusement, too happy to have noticed she was being yelled at.  Besides, R'ana hadn't been mad, just annoyed and Shanith made it her personal mission to shake up her riders life as much as possible.  You're Teegarth, right?  As soon as our riders are done talking, would you like to see something really pretty?  R'ana was going to take me flying when she was done here and you and your rider can come with us!

"Hi.  Moving it sounds like a grand idea.  I hope you know a few good hiding places here?  Though it's hard to hide Shanith, she just greets whoever she sees...and tells them exactly where we are."  She offered it quietly, laughter shining in brown eyes.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Oh I do love to see pretty things. But I bet nothing is lovelier then you sweet green.   Teegarth said softly. Teegarth was a charmer course he learned of lot of that from Silute who always liked to turn on the charm when he could.

Silute smiled " I'm sure we can find somewhere suitable to hide out. Long as we don't get caught before we get out. " Silute of course was having a grand time."So what pray tell brought you to the barracks?" Silute inquired softly as he hurried out the door. He spoke softly "This way" He grinned  he had been feeling mischievous all day and finally he found someone to play with the others were being no fun. He wondered what this rider and dragon were like and what they liked to do.

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Shanith looked at Teegarth like he was nuts.  Finally, she said, I like you!  We should fly together sometime!  R'ana blinked then decided to pretend that Shanith hadn't said that as she wasn't certain wherther she was talking of flight, or Flight.  Shards, they were weyrlings! 

R'ana spoke to Silute quietly.  "I have a friend who needed a pick me up.  You might know him, he impressed a thinskinned little green and I accidentally hurt her feelings, so....wanted to make things better.  I suspect I got rather lost."  She shrugged. 

She followed him quietly.  Normally, she distrusted males, especially any male that didn't ride green but if something happened, Shanith would bring the building down with noise.  R'ana spoke quietly.  "So...you graduate soon right?  Looking forward to it?"  She let him lead her to a hiding place, eyes on him. 

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Silute laughed softly at the look on  R'ana face. He wondered what that look was about but he noticed she looked like she was listening a moment ago maybe taking to her dragon.  He noticed Teegarth had gone quite silent almost like he was puzzling something out. Teegarth tended to get distracted sometimes with beautiful things.

"ahh got lost you say. Well I guess your not lost anymore. Course unfortunately  ya might not make it to your friend unless he comes out this way to see you.  Is he one of the new weyrlings that just hatched. "  Silute asked softly. He knew there were several new green weyrlings and some he had not meet yet. " I may know him unless he one of the new ones i haven't meet them all. "

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Shanith wriggled happily at the thought of hiding out.  Hiding was fun.  I like hiding!  There are all kinds of places to hide in this weyr.  She flooded them with images of nooks by the lake, a crystal cave, more caves, their piece of land from the exile, clearings in the woods...

R'ana spoke quietly, knowing her dragon was broadcasting her favoured hiding spots to all and sundry.  "If you tell everyone the places to hide they won't be hiding places, Shanith."  She lifted her head and offered Silute a smile.  "I think it might be wise to wait a few days for the dragonet to forget.  It's one of the new greenriders from the newest clutch and I don't want to be chased around by a mad dragonet again.  Shanith was absolutely useless last time, too busy laughing and egging her on to rescue me."  She shrugged. 

She turned to Silute saying, "Where would you like to hide?" 

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Teegarth listened to all the wonderful places to hide. He was intrigued specially by caves he bet he could find many bones in the areas like that. I like hiding and exploring. I love to collect bones and put them back together, said softly. Do you think there are bones by the lake?.

Silute smiled. " I guess that would be best specially if she still mad. Its wasn't Seijin's Araith  was it. " He named one of the new greenriders he had meet. Both the rider and dragon were quite friendly  he though it would probably of taken a lot to upset the sweet little green but he bet she would be a powerhouse when upset. She was a spitfire of emotions. "Is there a particular place that you have in mind.  It seems your dragon has many ideas that she liked. "

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

She listened a moment, the mindvoice a new one to her.  She spoke aloud, so Silute could be included.  "There might be bones by the lake and in the cave.  I'm honestly not sure, I don't look for bones."

She looks for rocks instead!  R'ana blushed.  "I tend to collect." 

She answered quietly.  "No, it wasn't.  I haven't met Seijin yet, I do hope to sometime though.  I've heard he's friendly.  I suspect all the friends we can make will be for the best soon."  She thought quickly.  "There's a cave a short flight from here that's too close to the weyr for felines to den in, or a spot along the lakeshore that's not frequented often, so there might be bones there.  What do you think?"

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"Rocks, huh. Well then it sound like the caves would be best for that type of excursion a place where you would be able to find both. " Silute chucked softly.

Silute whistled softly for Jade to land on his shoulder.  She only listened about half the time and this time she didn't listen. He looked around for the green firelizard before shaking his head. She's probably off playing with some the others somewhere.

"I'd interduce you to Jade but it seems she not in the mood to meet anyone today." He flushed softly. He wished he had as much luck with his firelizard as Seijin did. "So where do you keep this rock collection of yours.  Teegarth has a special spot where he lays them out. "

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

R'ana heard him whistle after saying the caves would be best, and tipped her head, then got it.  Jade had to be a firelizard.  She spoke softly.  "She'll come when she's ready.  Some firelizards aren't as biddable as others."

She paused then answered, "Small rocks, no bigger than my fist.  I keep them in my hut."  She She stood.  "It's why I keep them small.  Can you go between yet or should we fly straight?"  She knew the blue's range, even young as he was would be greater than Shanith's if they flew straight, so was taking a moment to work out what caves would be easy access. 

"Where does Teegarth keep his collections?  Are there any skeletons he's very proud of?"

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Silute looked up and sighed " Your right of course. Jade has not been very cooperative at all. But she younger then some of the others so maybe its her youth." He looked over at R'ana as she explained about the rocks she collects.

" Well most of the bigger ones he buries and  stores in this small clearing  by the lakeside. But some of the smaller ones he keeps in his little nest of a bed. My favorite is the big cat one that has the scars on it like another feline attacked it and left claw marks on the bones. Teegarth replied softly.

Silute chuckled " yeap thats the one he likes the best. The claw marks on the bones are very interesting I wonder though what the story is behind them. "

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

R'ana nodded softly.  "Firelizards are hard to train.  I'm never sure If I want one or not.  every time I decide to go egg hunting, Shanith pulls a stunt and I decide I have more than enough to handle with her."  She reached to touch her green's nose, petting gently, the dragon having come up to be with them when she hadn't been paying attention.  The dragon hummed softly in delight as R'ana thought over what she had been told. 

"That sounds interesting.  Maybe I can ask you to show me his collection sometime."  She offered it with a smile.  R'ana paused then said, "I know of a place a short flight from here then.  I often find fossils there, and know a largeish rock in particular Teegarth might like if we can find it again." 

It was a boulder really, large enough that Shanith had been unable to move it, with a nearly complete firelizard skeleton in it.  R'ana had a feeling that both dragon and rider would like it.  "If you want Shanith and I can lead you two there?  It's by the lake, on the western shore."

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Silute nodded softly back to R'ana. " Yes I have been finding it hard to train mine to do anything. You wouldn't think that a he would have such a easy time with his. But he does. " Silute shrugged as if it mean little to him in any case. 

"I'm sure Teegarth would love to show you his collect he is after all very proud of what he has found so far. Though of few of the ones we found we haven't finished putting together  just may be missing pieces.

"Sound interesting a boulder you say sounds pretty big. " He looked over at R'ana curiously.

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

It took her a moment to figure out who, then she nodded.  She spoke softly.  "I don't know how he does it....but I have heard that firelizards will obey a dragon."  She suspected it meant alot to him and offered, "I seem to remember a bit about firelizards in my personal library.  If you like I can try to find out a bit more about them and get you the information?"

She hmmed at his words about the skeletons, and said, "Maybe.  Predators will often carry a piece of a carcass away for easier eating."  She looked at him and said, "I love exploring around the weyr and further.  It's why I found that spot.  The rocks are big, the boulder is taller than me, in fact."  She paused.  "There are alot of huge rocks there, I love the spot becuase of that."

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"It sounds like a facinating place to be sure. " Silute commented softly. " well thats not something either of us though about the incomplete skeletons  missing bones cause of  predatores but then that make perfect sense. I would of never of put it together cause I was just looking at one piece of the puzzle and not the whole picture.  I must admit I have done the same not thinking about  why the bones could be missing   Teegarth admittted sheepishly

" You can really  get the information on firelizards. I didn't realize that there were records about them. With how the weyr being so divided on  them when they were discovered I though they would of buried the information cause they though they were the cause of the plague. " Silute stated quietly.

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Sometimes, it took an outside person to shine a light on a problem to help.  "I know all about not seeing the forest for the trees.  Happens to me alot."  She looked down then, and blushed.

"I kinda worked out a deal with some of the search riders working the North...I helped with their other chores, and they brought me back any record they could find.  I recopied them and put them in my chest to be nice and safe.  I can at least see what I have in my own library." 

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"True I can see how looking at it from a outside perspective from someone further away from the situation could shed a light on something. Sometimes you can't see the forest threw the trees when your standing in the middle of it all." Silute says softly.  He brushes a strand of hair behind his ear as he thinks.

" Course it sounds like you have built a bit of a collection of your own with this gathering of information. " He peeked over at R'ana. He was wondering just what all she had in this library of hers. It sounded interesting and probably  pretty educational.

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

R'ana looked Silute over, appraising him and thinking for a long moment.  She had said more than she had meant to, and couldn't take it back now.  But..she had never heard of him hurting a green rider and Teegarth was probably old enough to have flown a few greens by now. 

She tended to judge what men were capable of by how they acted when they couldn't control themselves.  By what shape their flight partners wound up in...and by how they treated the nonriders and green riders in the weyr.  Her father had often said you could judge a man by how he treated his inferiors...or those that they felt were their inferiors.

R'ana picked her next words carefully.  "Feel free to stop by my hut sometime nad I can show you.  Books are made to be shared, not hoarded."  She spoke the words quietly, cautiously.  Shanith hummed in surprise and R'ana shrugged to her mentally.  You're always after me to stop living like a hermit and make friends.  He seems a good enough sort, and you seem to like Teegarth well enough.

She settled into a leaning position against the wall, and asked, "How go your classes by the way?"

Hope you're feeling better!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Silute smiled softly. " Classes are going good. Thank you for asking. We've learned a lot and I think i'm getting the hang of everything well most of the time.  I can be a little hardheaded about thing and mischievous. And I like to just take off and work on my artsy  stuff  when I can.  Which seems to driver the others crazy when they look for me and I off tucked away in some corner oblivious to the world.  Teegarth says that i sometimes need to get out more. That is until he gets distracted himself. "

I don't get distracted. Oh did you see that its shiny.   Silute covers his mouth and tries not to chuckle out loud.  He gives R'ana a wink as if saying see told you. He leaned back and folded his arms behind his head and looked over at R'ana he had yet to figure her out. She seemed very interesting and he liked her and clearly Teegarth  liked them both cause he would of said something if he didn't .

" Is there any specific times that would be good to come by. I mean i wouldn't wanna interrupt something important by just dropping by randomly. " He blushed softly he could imagine interrupting a special night or something knowing his luck.

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

R'ana listened nad leaned agaisnt her dragon, Shanith's eyes whirling a contented blue.  She snickered and spoke quietly.  "They had to lock me out of the library when I was a weyrling.  I tended to sneak off with Shanith and a book or a record to recopy." 

She let amusement touch her eyes as Shanith managed to distract the blue by doing something involving an image of a shiny bowl.  She then caught the image and glared at her green! 

The incident had involved an attempt to learn glass craft, but for some reason while her attempt at a bowl looked structurally sound, it had shattered when she had placed it on the table.  Shanith crooned, looking at R'ana innocently.  Minx

She listened to Silute and spoke quietly.  "You shouldn't interrupt something.  I don't sleep around unless Shanith's in flight and you'll probably notice that.  She's loud."  She touched her dragon wryly.  "Otherwise, I'll probably just drag you into whatever I'm doing at the time." 

Shanith nudged Teegarth, amused.  Yours isn't the only one who needs a social life.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

she should ask him to make her a glass bowl. Thats something he pretty good at working with glass. He makes shiny pretty things. Teegarth said quite proudly.

" I can't seen why anyone would be banned from the libary if that is something they enjoy. I would think they would want to have more people like you who can copy and read.  " Silute looked a bit puzzled about why they would do that. He couldn't imagine why being a weyrling would matter to people who gathered knowledge. Course Silute knew that some people could get territorial of their craft.

Silute looked over at R'ana  " well yes I would hope that We'd be noticing a lovely green in the air. And I never mind being dragged into something. "

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

R'ana leaned on the wall, startled when Shanith burst into her head with a command to ask Silute to make her a bowl!  She looked to him and then at her dragon.  "But I have a glass bowl."  She doubted pointing that out would dissuade her green. 

She blushed at Silute's words and looked down.  "I would kinda of...get caught up in what I was doing and miss class.  Weyrling master had better things to do than chasing green weyrlings."  She shrugged, it had been a long time ago. 

Shanith preened a bit a being called pretty, she knew most dragons and riders found the long little green out of proportion with her large wings, short legs and long body.  R'ana shook her head and petted her, saying, "Now you've done it."  She jerked her thumb at her dragon and teased, "Now she'll preen and croon for the rest of the day."

But I'm pretty!  Didn't you hear?  R'ana twitched, a chuckle being muffled if barely.  She tried to keep her amusement from showing and failed as her dragon did croon, letting out a giggle and closing her eyes. 

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)