World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] 732.12.12 | Quiet Assessment [Seijin]

B'jin
of Green Larrikith

Date of Birth
23.06.683 AL, 61
Height
5'9
Eyes
Brown
Build
Sturdy, softly fit
Hair
Blonde, Silver

Threads

Written By: ThistleProse
B'jin had wriggled quietly out of bed, slipping out from where he'd been curled against R'nd to tiptoe around the bedroom, struggling into pants and a shirt (his own, not his lovers), before quietly exiting the bedroom. Little Rell was given a finger to the lips, and a soft shhhing sound, when curious eyes stared at the trying-to-be-quiet greenrider. When the firelizard had settled back down again, B'jin slipped out of the room and made his way to the first of the Weyrling pairs to awaken. Larrikith was stretched thin, her mind on the edges of each pair as she made sure they were at ease and for the most part, still asleep.

After making his way through several pairs, B'jin knocked softly on Seijin's door, and then let himself in, smiling gently at the young man and his little lady as he closed the door behind him. "Hello Seijin, hello Araith. Did you sleep well?" Lifting his gaze from the little green, B'jin met Seijin's eyes. "If you wouldn't mind, I'd like to look her over."

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 500 Posts!PA - 750 Posts!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
Seijin grinned as Araith woke up and stuck her nose against his cheek and pressed against him  to wake him up as well. Wakey wakey.  Who was your friend? Is he a good Friend? What shall we do will we eat again? who is claus? Will Lana ride on your shoulder again? What was that noise?Seijin had to chuckle Araith was simply to full of questions when she woke up. From who was at the door to what they were going to do today?  To questions about Claus and Lana?

Seijin heard and knock and looked up as B'jin walked into the room. "Good morning, Sir. " Seijin said quietly. He watched Araith get excited Sleep good. Seijin sleep good too. "Of course ,Sir. " Seijin of course had no objections at all after all B'jin was the weyrlingmaster and if he though it should be done far be it for Seijin to even think about questioning it.  Seijin stepped back to let B'jin get closer to Araith and watched as she looked up at them curious as to what he was looking for.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

B'jin
of Green Larrikith

Date of Birth
23.06.683 AL, 61
Height
5'9
Eyes
Brown
Build
Sturdy, softly fit
Hair
Blonde, Silver

Threads

"Thank you," B'jin said simply, squatting down so as that he was on a much closer level with the young dragon, B'jin smiled at her warmly. The little green was friendly, and chatty from the sounds of things, which could be fun - or it could be a headache in the future. B'jin was sure it would all come into place, so long as she didn't distract Seijin too terribly during their lessons.

"I'm glad to hear that," B'jin replied gently to the excitable baby, gently brushing his fingers over her nose and head as critical eyes took in her shape and conformation. With a low murmur to the green, B'jin carefully extended her left wing, letting the dragonet take control when she realised what he was after. Smiling, B'jin indicated she could close it, and asked for the other to be extended. The Weyrlingmaster nodded happily when the dragonet complied.

"You are very beautifully put together, Araith." His warm expression shifted to meet Seijin's eyes, "You should be proud, Seijin. she is a gorgeous little green." An affectionate rub was given to the little one's eye-ridge, and B'jin settled back to sit cross legged on the floor.

"Did you have any questions?" B'jin was eager to help the newly Impressed find their feet, both with their dragonet and in the realm of the new world they'd entered. He'd found a few of the new bonded full of questions, and that by seeking them each out as they awoke, they were more willing to voice the things on their mind.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 500 Posts!PA - 750 Posts!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Araith expanded the one wing  and then carefully opened the other on her own when asked. She did make sure not to bump into anything as she spread it out though. Wouldn't do to hit someone. Oh Thank you for noticingAraith said politely back.

Seijin had to laugh when she said Questions Seijin Questions. " I think he means my questions dearheart." He  smiled brightly as he replied  softly back to Araith.  Seijin though the weyrling Master would probably go mad if he tried to answer all Araith's questions. 

" She is a beautiful green, Sir. I am very proud and honored for her to of chosen me." He said quietly to B'jin. "Though after being bombarded with a million and one questions myself. I can't possibly think of any right now. My sleep hazed mind is still reeling from the impression and the warmth and feeling of Araith mind in mine.  That I always though would be strange to feel but it feels so natural her being there and not anywhere intrusive as I though it would of been. "  Seijin had worried but now his heart was so light and him heart and mind so full that they all seemed like drops of water in a pond and totally irrelevant. He wondered if the others felt like this as well.

Seijin looked up at B'jin and gave Araith a soft pat.  " Most important Question though Is how are you doing? And how is Talian? " Seijin knew that the healer was uneasy about all this and that he impressed and everyone knew that B'jin was close to him. Seijin was  worried about the healer as a classmate but also as  a person though they didn't know each other well and hardly even spoke outside of class.  Araith looked up at B'jin almost as if she was asking the same thing. She didn't want her brother to be unhappy.

B'jin
of Green Larrikith

Date of Birth
23.06.683 AL, 61
Height
5'9
Eyes
Brown
Build
Sturdy, softly fit
Hair
Blonde, Silver

Threads

“You’re welcome,” B’jin smiled, amused by the young green’s excitable nature and good manners. She was certainly a sweet creature, and it was good to see the fondness between the young man and the freshly hatched already developing. He was sure they would be a strongly bonded pair, and that could only be a good thing for their future. The greenrider nodded slightly at the familiar story of the post Impression emotions; several of the other Weyrlings had been expressing similar stories. Though the greenrider was unable to relate, due to his own unorthodox relationship with Larrikith, he was pleased that the kids were all experiencing a normal bonding. No one deserved a strained Impression!

“I? I am fine.” A warm smile was given, shrugging away the polite question without any real answer, though B’jin had never held any skill at lying and it was fairly easy to tell that he was stressed by the situation that had found his adopted son. The ripples affected more than Talian, but the boy hadn’t deserved the Impression he hadn’t wanted… but they said the dragon always knew, though what Larrikith had known when she chose him still eluded the man. Stupid dragons!

“I haven’t seen him yet,” B’jin replied softly, frowning slightly. “He’s still asleep.” The man had mostly been working his way through those that had woken up; naturally, that had mainly consisted of the earlier Impressions. He would get to Talian, and he wouldn’t lie – he was in no hurry to confront the reality of that situation. There were some things that were impossible to ignore, and a great fucking brown dragonet attached to your son’s ankle was somewhere near the top.

“There will be a feast tonight, to celebrate the Hatching, and so as that you can introduce your young partner to the rest of the Weyr,” B’jin began, leaning back against the bedframe slightly where he sat on the floor. “You’ll get to bathe and oil Araith first, so she looks as pretty as ever and has no itches before we go. You’ll also get the chance to feed her before then as well.” B’jin smiled in amusement. “Likely you’ll start feeling her hunger before you know it. Try not to feed her tidbits, if you can help it, or let anyone else feed her. While dragons can eat other foods, it’s generally not good for them and I’d avoid it at her age.” Oh, if only he knew the sweet tooth the little one was bound for!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Seijin smiles brightly " Looks like we get to make you all  lovely and shiny to meet the weyr beloved. " Seijin said softly. Yes, I must look my best when meeting and talking to everyone. Araith looked up eyes whirling in excitement and intrigue at meeting the others, more people to talk to. Araith was practically vibrating with the excitement of meeting others.

Seijin on the other hand was slightly nervous about it all. He wasn't a candidate any more now he was a brand new weyrling. He had to smile earlier had be wonderful the bonding was much more then even he envisioned.  A whole new world had opened up for him and he has barely gotten his feet wet as it was. There was a lot more to learn he was sure. He wondered if there were any classes that  the greens had to take. He smiled up at the weyrling Master though that was a question for classes. He was a bit worried about flights in the future but luckily for him that was a long way off still and he'd grow more before it happens.

"We will be ready weyrling Master." Seijin promises softy. He vowed not to give B'jin any stress or worrie of his own if he could help it.  He knew that Araith was gonna be excited about the party he could already tell. " I'll do my best to make sure she eats right at this early stage of growth. " Seijin meant every word even he didn't know that she was gonna get such a sweet tooth that would prove impossible for him to resist her long.

B'jin
of Green Larrikith

Date of Birth
23.06.683 AL, 61
Height
5'9
Eyes
Brown
Build
Sturdy, softly fit
Hair
Blonde, Silver

Threads

“I am sure you will look spectacular, dear.” B’jin said lightly, reaching out to gently pet the dragonet on the neck, a warm smile on his lips. She really was a charming creature! “Seijin has done a marvellous job with his little firelizards.” Lifting his gaze, B’jin winked lightly at Seijin, for truly the young man had done a wonderful job with raising his little firelizards. The Harper was quite sure that such skill would continue with his lessons and care of the dragonet. How could they not? A firelizard was next to nothing compared to the bond of a dragon, after all! That the young man was so dedicated to his little pets told the elder rider much about the boy’s dedication and he was pleased the child was among his class.

B’jin nodded lightly, smiling at Seijin placidly. “I am sure you will. Your firelizards have been a wonderful indicator of your ability to handle this, Seijin. I am sure you will do well by Araith.” Of all the youngsters in his upcoming class, B’jin could honestly say that Seijin was one he was least worried about. His little green was proving to be adorably sweet and perhaps a little excitable, but if she didn’t grow out of that habit, her bonded would grow to learn to handle it!

Larrikith pressed her nose to the window of the room, tilting her head after a moment so that she could peer in at the little gathering. Her visible eye was swirling with placid but joyful emotions, the tiny green more than excited to find herself in a position of teaching – and enthusiasm that terrified B’jin on a deep level he wasn’t about to share with anyone! Of course, Larriktih’s interest in the couple of clutches hadn’t turned out too badly, if one forgot about certain flights; an act B’jin was focused with severed dedication on forgetting.

Do you want to try my oil! Cautious of the new bond, Larrikith spoke only to the young green, not wanting to cause issues by bespeaking Seijin and upsetting the little one. Her voice was excited and her swirling blue-green eye sped up, sparkling with excitement. It smells like lavender!

B’jin gave an amused snort, “The lavender might calm the both of you down.” His voice was filled with warm amusement as he eyed Larrikith meaningfully through the window and the green dragon chirped in amusement. In case Araith didn’t pass on the offer, B’jin voiced Larrikith’s comment from moments ago; “Larrikith offers some of her lavender scented oil, if you’d like.”

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Seijin smiled down lovingly at Araith. He knew she would be dazziling if he had anything to say about it and he did.  "Thank you Sir" He replied softly when B'jin commented on his firelizards. " Lana and Claus are wonderful and easy to work with despite the limits of communication." He knew that they had times when they couldn't get each other to understand easily  He wouldn't have that problem with Araith they could communicate quite well.

Lavender Seijin Lavender Araith said excitedly.  She liked the idea of smelling like lavender oil. Oh yes please, would love to try your lavender oil. Araith replied to Larrikith  happily her eyes swirling with happiness. Seijin looked over at Araith "Lavender??"  He was puzzled at first but B'jin explained it to him right after Araith excited babbling.

Seijin chuckled softly " As we can see Araith loves the idea. And I love the smell of Lavender. Thank you so much for the offer Larrikith. " Seijin replied politely with a slight bow to the window where she is peeking in. He blushed softly at B'jin comment that it would calm them down.  He looked down at Araith and had to smile brightly " You just might be right on that one. " He couldn't keep the amusement from his voice.

B'jin
of Green Larrikith

Date of Birth
23.06.683 AL, 61
Height
5'9
Eyes
Brown
Build
Sturdy, softly fit
Hair
Blonde, Silver

Threads

B’jin’s amusement was visible as Seijin commented on the inability to communicate clearly with the firelizards. The little things had never been high on B’jin’s list of worthwhile pets. They had their uses, an allowance he had only grudgingly agreed to as they proved to be a tool for educating the candidates before they became weyrlings that B’jin felt was, actually, useful. Hopefully, putting up with them would prove worth it. Whether they were useful or not, B’jin knew they would be abundant pets within a turn or three. There was no getting around that; he could only hope to Faranth that they had some use. He was sure he had found it, but he was also sure putting any kind of bet on firelizards was idiotic.

She seems to like the idea, Larrikith informed B’jin, bemused by the excitable dragonet’s delight in such an offer. It wasn’t a bad thing – Larrikth rather approved, truth be known; she was fond of the scent of lavender. The enthusiasm the young green had, however, was what endeared her to the pudgy older dragon. It was good to see a youngster so enthralled by the delights of the world she’d just been Hatched into. Larrikith approved!

“I’ll get some for you, and possibly some of the others. Most of them are heading over to the Bathing House to get their dragonets washed up. The warm water is nicer than in the river, especially while they still fit – you might as well indulge them and yourselves. You’ll be hip deep in cold water before you know it.” B’jin grinned as he got carefully to his feet, mindful of the baby dragon, and wary of firelizards. “Once she’s bathed, oiled and fed, you’ll be free to go to the Feast or you can come back and sleep more. Whatever you wish.” B’jin was pretty sure Talian at least would appreciate the lack of demands. B’jin had no desire to shove the kids anywhere they didn’t want to go. Bad enough half of them hadn’t even wanted to be on the Sands. “I’ll be over to the Baths soon. I just have a couple more to talk to. Why don’t you and Araith head on over?”

Smiling lightly, B’jin excused himself politely and left the room, leaving the young Weyrling pair to make their way to the bath houses at their own pace. He still had a couple more new pairs to greet, before making sure everyone was set for baths, oiling and then…  the feast. Ugh. Larrikith laughed.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Seijin had to smile softly at Araith excitement. He must admit at least to himself in his mind that he was vibrating himself with excitement.  " Well Sir, I suppose its a good think I like water and swimming if i gonna be spending a lot of time in it soon. "  Seijin chuckled softly he was putting a positive spin on things.  But he had to admit being in the water was soothing in itself and maybe even the warm waters of the baths would sooth them.

I'll get a bath and oil soon.Araith looked up at Seijin. " yes dearheart well head right over I know your more then ready to get all cleaned up and looking presentable. " He realized that Araith had a want to look her best. He wondered if that was common for greens or just specifically for her. He would soon learn the difference though. "Yes weyrling Master B'jin will see you later at the bathhouse. " Seijin replied softly as B'jin made his exit.

He still couldn't believe it had actually happened and he had a dragon. So many things were flowing threw his mind. He looked down at her as he gathered up supplies to take to the bathhouse. " I'm sure you'll just shine for everyone after we get you bathed and oiled up. "I like to shine Araith replied softly.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)