World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [P] 740.08.14 | Still My Baby Girl
10am | Madiquel

Jajojin
of Bronze Denath

Date of Birth
22.07.681, 63
Height
6'5
Eyes
Honey Brown
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
Inhale through the nose.

Exhale through the mouth.

Inhale... Exhale... Inhale...

The words repeated in Jajojin's mind as he focused on the breathing technique the Healer told him would help calm him. What would have calmed him was punching the man in the mouth to get him to stop talking. But the medicine he was given to aid in sedating him somewhat also saved the man's teeth from departing his body early.

He moved slowly but steadily across the Sands to where the blue dragon waited for him. Of course Xyreith and any number of bronze dragons had been offered up to take him to Ista Weyr but Jajojin wasn't stupid enough to tempt fate and risk a meltdown on the trip or in front of his daughter. No, bronze wouldn't do. Brown was too close to bronze in most cases. Blue, it had to be blue. And while he didn't trust D'hys as much as R'nya did, Jajojin knew D'hys to be a capable dragonrider and up to the task of transporting a crazy man.

Of course this wasn't their first attempt to bring him to Ista but it was the first one that involved drugging him to help keep him calmer and hopefully leave his mind focused enough on the task that it wouldn't break again. He was determined this time as well. He had to see his baby girl. He had to let her know he loved her and see for himself that she was fine.

He glared at R'nya as he approached the small group. It was all that man's fault! If he hadn't taken Madiquel to the Hatching, she would still be doing what she actually wanted! She didn't want to be a dragonrider and Jajojin knew that was partly his fault thanks to what he had become. His fists clenched, wanting to strike R'nya but Jajojin focused on his breathing with an image of Madiquel in his mind. He had to see her. It had already been a week and he was about to swim himself to Ista if he had to in order to get to her.

D'hys was smart enough not to offer assistance in getting up the large blue which earned him a bit more respect. He was about to close his eyes and let memory and reflex take over but knew that would be a trap and Denath would be there instead of Zeianth. Inhale, exhale, inhale, left foot, right foot, grab here...

Once he was up and seemed to be staying, D'hys took that opportunity to announce their departure and Zeianth took off before any protests could happen. He warned when they were about to make the jump and once the cold blast of between hit him, Jajojin knew how easy it would be to just let go and pitch himself to the side, leaving the pain behind and reunite with--

The shock of the Istan heat knocked sense back into Jajojin as he blinked and looked around at a Weyr he hadn't seen since the time before the plague. Telgar had been his home then but he'd come regularly to Ista to visit friends or lounge on the beach while Denath played in the ocean or sunned on a rock. Jajojin sucked in a deep breath as the memories tried to overtake him, inviting him back to those happier days. He needed to focus! Madiquel was here, in the present, and she needed him.

Zeianth landed in the Bowl and Jajojin wasted no time in getting back on the ground. The trip hadn't been so bad but he needed to be on the ground again. Flying unsettled him and he needed a moment to right himself again on the flat and unmoving surface.

Jajojin took two of his bags from D'hys, letting the bluerider carry the other two. He had packed a lot since he planned on staying a bit but also wanted to bring Madiquel more of her own items. Since the bluerider knew where he would be staying, it made sense for him to help with the load.

He was told Madiquel would be informed of his arrival and she'd be free to come see him any point after that. Everyone knew of his condition and knew better than to have him near a class--even if only three--of loud dragonets. It was also why he was down the hall from where the class was apparently staying. Kept him as close to his daughter as was reasonable without disturbing anyone.

"This is more than I need," he muttered as they entered what seemed to be a weyr that was likely for a brown or a large blue given the size of the layout. They had temporarily walled off the entrance to the dragon's ledge with a tapestry and couch put there--like that would stop him if he really wanted to torture himself and spend time where a dragon once lived--but it was appreciated. He had only requested a bed, table, and chair. He didn't need more than that but he supposed he should have specified he didn't need more than a small room to call his own as he looked around the weyr again.

"My thanks to you and Zeianth for your patience in getting me here." He managed to say as they set the bags down on a table. He wasn't a barbarian and did have manners, but sometimes they were hard to get out, especially when they showed weakness. Speaking of weaknesses, Madiquel was his biggest one and he needed to see her.

"Can you make sure she knows I'm here before you leave?"

PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)

Messages In This Thread
740.08.14 | Still My Baby Girl - by Jajojin - 09.Sep.19, 03:14 AM
RE: 740.08.14 | Still My Baby Girl - by D'hys - 09.Sep.19, 03:14 AM
RE: 740.08.14 | Still My Baby Girl - by M'quel - 09.Sep.19, 09:34 AM
RE: 740.08.14 | Still My Baby Girl - by Jajojin - 10.Sep.19, 02:10 AM
RE: 740.08.14 | Still My Baby Girl - by M'quel - 10.Sep.19, 05:49 AM
RE: 740.08.14 | Still My Baby Girl - by Jajojin - 11.Sep.19, 02:13 AM
RE: 740.08.14 | Still My Baby Girl - by M'quel - 11.Sep.19, 08:53 AM