World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [O] 742.02.13 | An Innocent Read
10:30am | open

Date of Birth
16.11.722, 22
Height
5'3"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Dainty
Hair
Long Dark Brown

Threads

Written By: BardlyThere
This was wrong, Ferra knew it deep in her heart, and yet she was still there, skulking about the library like some common villainous whore, clutching the book as she looked for a quiet corner to read in. She'd heard some of the other girls in class talking about this book and she was so curious that she'd been having bizarre and upsetting dreams and maybe, just maybe if she read the thing she could move on with her life.

Shakily, she sat down and stared at the book, taking a deep breath to steel her nerves. She would read this dirty book, about kissing and boys and stupid drivel like that, and she would surely find it awful, and that would be that. At least, that was Ferra's goal. After one more nervous look around she curled up in the large plush chair in the quiet corner she'd found, knees up to hide the cover of the book from any prying eyes, and she flipped it open to start.

The main "hero" was some terrible rich lordling and that set a sour tone for the book for her. Clearly this was all lies, he was too rich to care about some kitchen worker, his charming attitude was probably all lies. He certainly wasn't going to fight his family for a servant girl. But still she kept reading, and somehow found herself just completely absorbed in how he kept holding her, kept kissing her, and then suddenly they were removing clothes and Ferra bit her lip.

She was completely oblivious to the outside world, so when she heard someone clear their throat she almost jumped out of the chair entirely, slamming the book shut as she tried to cover it with her hand. "Nothing! I'm not doing anything!"

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
10.01.726, 19
Height
5'7
Eyes
Brown
Build
Soft, curvy
Hair
Dark Brown

Threads

Written By: ThistleProse
Kalea was hiding from F’drel’s latest attempt to get her to study with some teacher or another. Kalea didn’t know who, didn’t care. She wasn’t interested. So while she’d gone to the library like she was supposed to, she’d been quick to hide herself away from sight. She was here, that had to be good enough, right? She really didn’t want to be bogged down learning more about numbers or words or politics or whatever it was her latest teacher decided she needed to know. Kalea hated lessons!

It was while she was hidden away between a couple of shelves, with an overlarge and boring book propped up in front of her to hide her face, that Kalea saw Ferra make her way through the library, looking remarkably guilty. Which wasn’t really odd, but still managed to catch Kalea’s attention, and she shifted the book to better hide herself as she watched her older sister curiously. She blinked when Ferra simply curled up in a big chair with a book and started to read, and she probably would have left her to it without any further attention, but Ferra was pulling some interesting faces – and she even blushed! Kalea was invested now, and a smirk formed mischievously across her lips.

Now, Kalea didn’t mean to sneak over to Ferra – she wasn’t trying to be sneaky – so she was surprised when she had to clear her throat to get her sister’s attention. She burst into peals of laughter at the response she received from the simple sound, and her eyebrows arched upwards and her lips twisted back into that mischievous smile she was favouring that day. “Is that so?” she asked slyly, before darting forward and scrabbling against her sister to steal the book, dancing backwards when she finally won. “What are you reading?” Kalea asked with great curiosity, keeping Ferra in her gaze but looking at the book as she flipped it open.

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
16.11.722, 22
Height
5'3"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Dainty
Hair
Long Dark Brown

Threads

Oh no. Oh no! This was possibly one of the worst people who could have stumbled on her! Ferra tried to keep the book but her sister managed to wrestle it out of her hands and quickly dart away. Fuck! Oh no. OH NO. Now she was cursing, even if she hadn't done it aloud (or had she? Ferra paled at the thought). Her mind scrambled to look for some sort of explanation for what she was doing. "I... it's for a class."

She cringed even as the lie left her mouth and leapt forward to just tackle her sister in desperation and try to wrestle the book back. "Give it back! Stop being so nosy!" Ferra tried to keep her voice down in the library, but it was difficult to keep the panic from her voice. She was going to die. This was how she was going to die; of embarrassment in a library. She couldn't even blame her sister for it, this was clearly all her fault for being curious and sticking her nose where it didn't belong.

Somewhere in the library was a cough and Ferra became acutely aware that they might not be alone and that someone else could come at any moment and she hissed at her sister, hands still desperately trying to cling to the book, hoping Kalea hadn't gotten a chance to see anything too scandalous when she took her peek. "Please give it back, we're going to get in trouble. And don't tell anyone about this or... uh... I'll tell Fen you did something."

More lies, what was she doing? It was all this book's fault, clearly. Even if she did get it back she would probably just put it back on the shelf and never touch it again. She was supposed to be setting a good example, not fighting with her sister in the library!

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
10.01.726, 19
Height
5'7
Eyes
Brown
Build
Soft, curvy
Hair
Dark Brown

Threads

“A class?” Kalea asked innocently, looking up from the page she’d had opened. Her cheeks were stained red from the rather detailed sentences she’d read before her sister spoke, and she lifted both eyebrows. “I didn’t know Candidate class was so… detailed.” She said, picking up on her sister’s lie and waving the book slightly. She gave a yelp when Ferra suddenly launched at her, falling backwards onto her rear with a grunt. “Ouch!” Kalea gasped, tears springing to her eyes. She resisted the urge to hit her sister as Ferra took the book and scrambled away. “That hurt!” Kalea sniffled.

“I didn’t do anything!” Kalea glared, her voice indignant and slightly loud. “I’ll tell Fen about the book if you do!” She said, scrambling to her feet and putting her hands on her hips, staring angrily at her sister. “I’ll tell him you pushed me over, too!” Her butt was sore and she was still trying not to cry, from the pain and from her sister threatening to tell on her when she hadn’t done anything wrong. It was so unfair! She had only wanted to see what Ferra was reading! It wasn’t like she put the naughty book in her sister’s hands! Why did she have to be so mean?!

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
16.11.722, 22
Height
5'3"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Dainty
Hair
Long Dark Brown

Threads

Kalea's cry of pain made Ferra instantly regret everything about her day. She shouldn't have bothered with the book to begin with and she shouldn't have hurt her sister. "Oh no, Kalea... wait." She winced at how loud her sister was being and held up a finger to her lips as she tried to shush her. "Hush! We're in the library. We have to be quiet."

She carefully set the book down on a side table before going to pull Kalea into a firm hug. "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you. You just startled me and I was stupid because I was reading something I shouldn't have and please don't tell anyone. I didn't mean any of it." Her sister was right to be upset with her, that book had turned her into a monster! First it was making her think about things and then it made her attack her sister like some sort of terrible ruffian. "It was a terrible book, you shouldn't read it and neither should I. Look at what it made me do to you! i'm so, so sorry. How much did I hurt you?"

Ferra was so distraught over accidentally hurting her sister that she couldn't even worry about being caught by anyone else. If they were then that would just be what she deserved for being a monstrous beast of a sister when she was supposed to be trying to set a good example.

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
10.01.726, 19
Height
5'7
Eyes
Brown
Build
Soft, curvy
Hair
Dark Brown

Threads

“Don’t ‘hush’ me!” Kalea said indignantly, totally ignoring her sister’s complete sentence. “I don’t ‘hush’ you!” Her voice was loud, but not quite yelling. Not quite. It was getting close, though, and her indignation was clear. The sudden hug she was pulled into had Kalea stamping her foot – somehow not hitting her sister’s toes – and she pushed at Ferra with a glare, pouting.

“Get off me!” She said angrily, shoving at Ferra until she had her personal bubble of space back. Her bottom lip was trembling but Kalea refused to cry, which meant she was petulantly clinging to her anger. “You’re blaming the book?” Kalea hissed, her eyes wide with shock. “You picked it up! No one made you!” Her voice pitched up, loud and outraged. She ignored Ferra’s questions, and her apologies, stamping her foot in outrage.

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
16.11.722, 22
Height
5'3"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Dainty
Hair
Long Dark Brown

Threads

"Yes I know it's my own fault and I shouldn't have done it in the first place!" The hissed words came tumbling out in rapid succession as Ferra began to panic. Her voice was even softer as she tried apologizing again, "Kalea... I'm sorry. I didn't mean it..." She stumbled back away from her sister, her pulse starting to hammer in her ears as she looked around for some place to escape to. And then everything went quiet as she spotted the book she'd just discarded and snatched it back up. Couldn't just leave evidence lying around after all.

Ferra had to get away, everything was cold and numb as she just slowly backed away from her enraged sister, her own face becoming almost slack and disinterested as her mind switched gears. Get through this, get somewhere quiet and alone, and then figure this out. That was all she had to do. As soon as Kalea so much as glanced away she was around a bookshelf, walking briskly to another to move behind, winding her way evasively through the maze of shelves until she spotted the exit. Only there was a person there blocking her path.

She quickly turned around, moving further into the library until she found a different quiet corner with a little desk. That would do. Ferra took another cautious look around to make sure no one could see her before crawling under the desk, hugging her knees to her chest as she sniffled and started to cry.

PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)