World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [O] 742.01.29 | Winter Breeze Kisses
1pm | Open (just 1 person please)

Date of Birth
10.01.726, 19
Height
5'7
Eyes
Brown
Build
Soft, curvy
Hair
Dark Brown

Threads

Written By: ThistleProse
Kalea took a deep breath of the salty ocean air as she bound off the path, kicking her shoes off and landed in the sand, spraying it around her feet and wriggling her toes. It was warm from the noon sun, but not hot enough to burn her, for which she was thankful. Dressed in a cute, thigh length white dress that had no sleeves and flowed prettily with her movements, Kalea brushed her long hair out of her face and braided it messily down her back. She left the ends untethered, knowing the braid would come free as she splashed around, but uncaring.

Making her way down the sandy embankment, Kalea ran down to the edge of the water, and pranced in, squealing at the cold touch against her ankles as the waves lapped at her. The day was on the warmer end of the scale, for winter, but that didn’t stop the water from feeling like ice at first touch. Wading in deeper, so that her knees were covered, Kalea spun around once, before half jumping as a bigger wave came through, threatening to wet her dress.

It was glorious to be out from under the constant vigilance of her brother and sisters, and Kalea had no desire to head back to the Weyr any time soon; she wanted to enjoy some time by herself, without their judgement and scolding. Sometimes her siblings were just such sticks in the mud and she hated it. Sometimes she hated them. Not for long, but always hotly when it did happen. Kalea never did anything by halves.

Walking through the water, kicking her feet up and splashing as she went, heedless for how wet she was getting, Kalea picked a favourite song, and began to sing loudly. Her voice wasn’t magnificent, but it wasn’t terrible either. Just not harper quality. Her singing was enthusiastic and bubbly, and covered the sound of someone joining her on the beach.

PA - First Post!

A'tay
of Bronze Xyxyth

Date of Birth
17.06.724, 20
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Blonde, short, messy

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
Some days A’tay believed Xyxyth was the most spoiled dragon. As they angled down toward the beach, it was decided this was one of the days. Xyxyth loved the ocean and didn’t mind that it wasn’t the most ideal of temperatures to go for a swim since there was more to enjoy than just splashing around in the water. So A’tay had agreed to spend some of the afternoon indulging his dragon as they observed the water and enjoyed the sounds.

It seemed someone else had the same idea and as they touched down a ways down from the figure, A’tay realised it was one of F’drel’s siblings. He didn’t know them that well but had met each of them a few times when he stopped in to visit the greenrider. Kalea seemed lost in her song, however, not having noticed the large bronze dragon landing behind her and A’tay smiled while he pulled his hair back and tied it quickly and with little fuss. There was always a breeze on the ocean and his hair liked to fall free so a messy tail was better than having all of his hair wildly whipping around.

“You have a lovely voice, Kalea,” A’tay finally called out as a greeting. He smiled when she saw him and he slid down Xyxyth’s side so he could remove the riding straps. He wanted his dragon to roam free but also didn’t want to worry about the salt water getting on the leather and buckles. “I hope we didn’t startle you too much. I usually don’t have to worry about sneaking up on someone with the big guy so I’m not the best at making my presence known in a subtle way.” He really couldn’t think of anything other than Xyxyth circling a bit more and landing in front of her but it was too late for that.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
10.01.726, 19
Height
5'7
Eyes
Brown
Build
Soft, curvy
Hair
Dark Brown

Threads

Kalea’s song fell away at the sound of her name, and she spun around in the water, sending it flying in all directions, to face the speaker. A broad smile broke out as she comprehended the compliment, and she gave a playful curtsy, getting even wetter when she dipped, before standing up straight and wading into the shallower water, so she could skip more easily back the way she’d come, and join the dragon and his rider. Conversation was always easier when one wasn’t shouting to the other!

“Hello A’tay!” It had taken her a few moments to figure out which of the bronzeriders he was, because she really wasn’t any good at names and faces, but was confident she had it right when she got closer. He had longer hair, she could see it tied back, and the other one didn’t really. T’rin? No, T’ryn. Yes. He was mated to the goldrider who was elsewhere. Gosh there were so many people in the Weyr and out of it, too, that had to be remembered. How they all manged it, Kalea had no idea. Maybe dragons only picked people with good memories. Or maybe dragons were better at remembering names and faces than humans were, and their riders cheated. Kalea giggled at the idea.

“You didn’t!” She replied cheerfully. “Well maybe a little. But I didn’t fall over, so no worries!” That would have been especially cold! She was chilled a little as it was, what with her splashing around and playing in the water. Her dress was clinging to the tops of her legs, and there were splash marks as far up as her chest. She didn’t mind, though. It would dry. The sun wasn’t full of heat, but it was warm enough that she knew she’d dry off without issue before she got back to the Weyr, which meant F’drel wouldn’t know what she’d been up to, which would mean no lecture! Whoo!

“Do you come down often?” She asked, beaming at A’tay as she took two steps closer to his dragon and held her hand out in question, wanting to touch the big bronze but not willing to actually throw herself at him. Not all dragons liked that, and while Halomirth seemed to absolutely love physical affection, and was quite happy to chat, Kalea had been told it wasn’t always that way and that some dragons even hated it when people spoke to them! Which… well, that was fine! If …. Oh crap, she couldn’t remember his name! But if he didn’t want to be touched or talk to her, that was okay, she wouldn’t be upset! She’d just talk to A’tay while his dragon did… whatever it was big dragons did down on the beach!

PA - First Post!

A'tay
of Bronze Xyxyth

Date of Birth
17.06.724, 20
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Blonde, short, messy

Threads

A'tay laughed at her explanation and enthusiasm. At least she seemed aware that the water was on the cold side and despite splashing around, she didn't seem intent on diving right in. He had a feeling Zelana would still try and probably still try to get him in the water with her but he only wanted to focus on not drowning. No need to add freezing to death to the list!

"I am here way more than I would like sometimes. Xyxyth loves the ocean and since graduating, we come here every few days." A'tay gave his dragon a pat to his side even as Xyxyth bent down to bump his head against Kalea's hand.

One day A'tay will know the full glory of the ocean and swim with me. But he knows how to appreciate the sounds and beauty of it all at least. Xyxyth told Kalea. Unlike most bronze dragons, he was extremely chatty and social with dragons and humans. Besides, Kalea was F'drel's sister! That meant she was extra special and Halomirth had told him about all the sisters and he was happy to get to properly spend time with one.

Date of Birth
10.01.726, 19
Height
5'7
Eyes
Brown
Build
Soft, curvy
Hair
Dark Brown

Threads

Kalea beamed brilliantly when Xyxyth bumped his head against her hand, turning bright eyes on A’tay with a giggle that was almost a squeal. His dragon liked her! Or at least was happy to let her touch him! When he spoke to her, Kalea did squeal, though the sound wasn’t too piercing, and she clapped her hands together joyously before throwing herself whole heartedly into scrubbing at Xyxyth’s eyeridge, like Halomirth had told her felt the best, hoping the big bronze would like it too.

“I’ve never swum in the ocean!” Kalea told Xyxyth with great enthusiasm, turning her gaze to include A’tay in the comment. “It’s been a bit too cold and before F’drel wouldn’t let me.” He probably would have, if she’d asked him or one of her sisters when they weren’t otherwise busy. But they were always busy. Which was how Kalea had managed to get away that day. They were busy and not keeping a super close eye on her and she slipped away. She’d probably get scolded for that, when she got back, but she wasn’t worried. She got scolded all the time. Besides, she’d done her chores before she left!

“It’s so pretty!” She gushed, shifting her scratching a little when Xyxyth moved, hoping she was doing it right. “And I love the sand! And the breeze smells so nice, and it makes my hair go curly!” She shook her head, letting her shoulder length locks fly around her face before she swept them back with one hand, and then quickly went back to her attentions on Xyxyth’s eyeridge. “I’ll swim with you when its warmer!” Kalea suddenly promised, beaming at the dragon. “But I don’t know how! Is it hard?”

PA - First Post!

A'tay
of Bronze Xyxyth

Date of Birth
17.06.724, 20
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Blonde, short, messy

Threads

A’tay couldn’t help but smile. Kalea was a constant ball of energy and it was kind of infectious. Had she always been this way or was it because she was now in the Weyr with more freedom than he was led to believe she would have had in a Hold? He knew she came from Xyliah’s staff and both he and Xyxyth liked her and they didn’t think she would have been a bad person to work for but he didn’t know much about the Hold F’drel’s siblings had been in before that and he didn’t think it was polite to ask. But he liked the young woman as she was now and hoped she couldn’t to like the Weyr life.

“Swimming’s not too bad as long as you’re not stubborn about it,” like he had been but that was more about his fear and while he was making progress, he sometimes still stumbled and needed some time recovering. “A good teacher helps as well. But don’t look at me!” A’tay laughed and held up his hands to stop her from asking him. “I’m still learning myself. But there are plenty of people who would help you.” Maybe he would ask Zelana if she wanted to teach someone else but he didn’t want to presume too much. Just because she was helping him didn’t mean she would want to become a full time swim instructor.

When you do learn, I will be happy to have you along! But we can play in the shallows until then, Xyxyth promised, not wanting the girl to go too deep into the water otherwise. The current could be deceptively strong and he didn’t want to see her get swept out by it. They would need a strong swimmer with them just in case! But you can also join me sunning on the sand. It gets toasty and so lovely and I can watch the waves and sometimes I see large fish jumping!

Date of Birth
10.01.726, 19
Height
5'7
Eyes
Brown
Build
Soft, curvy
Hair
Dark Brown

Threads

Kalea burst into peals of laughter when A’tay said not to look at him as a teacher of swimming, which she had been! She grinned brightly, nodding. She’d find someone to teach her! It would be her newest mission and maybe by the end of the summer she’d be good enough to swim with Xyxyth without worrying the dragon! Plus she bet he’d be a lot of fun to jump off of, and into the deeper water. Imagine the splashing she could do! Kalea giggled.

“That sounds good!” Kalea beamed, still extremely delighted that Xyxyth was choosing to speak to her and that he was so friendly and chatty. Plus he had a lovely voice, and she enjoyed the ‘sound’ of it in her mind. What a strange concept! Kalea giggled again, before clapping her hands together. “Sunning sounds very good!” She agreed, brushing her hands down the front of her damp dress and flicking the wet skirt a little. “I need to be dry before I get back up to the Weyr,” she confided, grinning impishly. “No one knows I’m down here!” It came out in a singsong way, and she laughed.

“How big is a large fish?” Kalea asked curiously, folding her hands and pressing them under her chin as she peered up at Xyxyth, glanced at A’tay, and then looked curiously out at the water. Would they see any big fishes today? How big was big? Did fishes eat people that went swimming? Her eyes widened. Though she would be safe swimming with Xyxyth! He was huge and would surely scare off any hungry fishes… Kalea didn’t think she’d like to be eaten by a fish. Fish were made for eating, not being eaten by!

PA - First Post!

A'tay
of Bronze Xyxyth

Date of Birth
17.06.724, 20
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Blonde, short, messy

Threads

A’tay worried slightly that Kalea was sneaking down to the ocean—especially when she couldn’t swim. He’d feel horrible if they simply left her behind and something happened. Not that he would have! But if they hadn’t stopped or realised who it was and went further down the beach? That was all too likely and he frowned. Maybe that was just his own fear of the deep water talking and he kept his mouth shut. Kalea didn’t need someone else telling her what to do, something he had a feeling happened a lot if she was sneaking out.

“You’re certainly welcome to hang out with us while you dry off. We can give you a ride back up as well.” Was he willing to be her cover story by offering to say they came down here together as well? Maybe. Although he’d feel bad lying to F’drel and would no doubt cave the instant the greenrider turned his sharp gaze on him. He’d worry more later on and enjoy the time at the beach for now and A’tay moved to sit on a nearby large rock.

Pretty big! To you, at least. Kind of small to me. But maybe about your size, Xyxyth replied as he studied Kalea, taking her measure and thinking about the large fish he had seen before. But they look peaceful! I bet they’re very nice and wouldn’t hurt you, Xyxyth quickly added when he realised the girl might be afraid. He gave A’tay a look as well, wondering why the large fish had yet to factor into his fear and decided that he was right in his assumption that the fish were harmless and friendly.

Having a much larger dragon splashing around in the water is a pretty good insurance policy for keeping me safe from your giant fish, Xy, A’tay remarked, picking up on the unspoken portion of the conversation. He probably would freak out about them if Xyxyth wasn’t around but since he’d never even seen one in the distance, A’tay hadn’t bothered to dedicate a portion of his fear to them.

Date of Birth
10.01.726, 19
Height
5'7
Eyes
Brown
Build
Soft, curvy
Hair
Dark Brown

Threads

“Really?” Huge eyes turned on A’tay and she pressed her palms to her cheeks, making fish lips before biting her bottom lip and dropping her hands. “Oh that would be so amazing!” The idea of riding a dragon that wasn’t Halomirth sounded absolutely spectacular. The green was such fun to ride, but F’drel tended to be boring and make his dragon fly seriously instead of having fun when Kalea was on her with him, and well, maybe Xyxyth and A’tay would be more outgoing. The bronze was certainly at least as friendly as Halomirth!

Delighted, Kalea followed A’tay over to the large rock he chose to sit on, and scrambled around it to find a comfortable spot for herself, sighing with a little gasp at the warmth as it soaked into her damp legs and she flopped backwards with dramatic flair, being careful not to thump her head on the rock. “So waarrrrrrmm,” she cooed, covering her face with one arm for a moment before sitting up with a giggle.

“Oh! As big as me?!” Kalea looked down at her legs, wiggling her bare toes and then back to the dragon. “That is a big fishie! I hope they’re nice. I want to meet one. It would be fun to swim with a fish as big as me! So long as it doesn’t try to eat me. I don’t think I’d enjoy being eaten by a fish.” Kalea considered the fish in question, and then smiled at Xyxyth. “Well. I haven’t seen a big fish, but I’ve played in the tide pools, and sometimes there are really weird things in them!” She shifted her legs, curling them closer to her and spreading her dress out to dry better. “One thing I found had like ten arms, and it made the water black when I touched it! It was so slimy and weird!” She shuddered theatrically and laughed again.

PA - First Post!

A'tay
of Bronze Xyxyth

Date of Birth
17.06.724, 20
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Blonde, short, messy

Threads

A'tay was still impressed by Kalea's seemingly endless about of energy and happiness. She was so different from her brother! He enjoyed F'drel's calmness and liked that they could sit in silence together or talk about random things without feeling like he was being prodded or made to feel silly. With Kalea, he was almost struggling to keep up with her, but it was fun.

"Really? I haven't seen anything like that yet. The water holds a lot of strange things, doesn't it?" He wondered if Zelana would know what that creature was since she loved the ocean so much. Was it something that could be eaten? She'd likely know that as well. He'd report to Kalea if he learned more about it when he did, though.

Still smiling at Kalea's excitement, A'tay took out the final piece of the chess set he had left to carve. Finally. "Can you keep a secret?" He asked with a mischievous grin, convinced the girl would love to know one but couldn't say if she was good at keeping them. "I've been working for months on making a chess board and pieces for one my brothers and another one for F'drel. I have one piece left. I'm excited to finish it but I'm worried he won't like or need it." He showed off the piece that had the rough shape of the king for her inspection if she wanted.

Date of Birth
10.01.726, 19
Height
5'7
Eyes
Brown
Build
Soft, curvy
Hair
Dark Brown

Threads

“Yep!” Kalea chirped, answering the question that didn’t really need answering as it was probably just rhetorical since A’tay went on without much of a pause. Kalea didn’t mind. “Its so much fun! I’ve seen some really interesting things! I found a ball that was covered in little spikes! I thought it would be ouchie, but it just wriggled when I picked it up.” She wiggled her fingers, as if they were the sea creature in question, waving its prickles. “When I put it back, it just sat there.” She shrugged, “I’ve found some dead ones, too, I think. They’re all round and fragile and they don’t have their spikes anymore but I’m sure they’re the same thing.”

“Yes!” Kalea gushed, eyes wide and curious. She could totally keep a secret. She loved secrets. Like secretly sneaking out to the beach while her siblings were busy! She giggled at the expression on A’tay’s face, and leaned closer when he held a piece out, brushing a finger tip across the rough surface with delight. “Oh! That is so amazing!” she said excitedly, turning to beam up at A’tay as she sat back a little, giving him his space back and she clasped her hands excitedly in her lap. “I be that he’ll love it! But he probably won’t be very good at saying so.” F’drel didn’t do stuff like that. Not well anyway. But he was boring and chess was boring so he would likely play it. She didn’t really know, since she avoided boring things like board or card games.

Even if he didn’t care for chess, he’d be all awkward and embarrassed that A’tay had gone to so much work for a gift ‘just for him’. Kalea giggled. “I hope I am there when you give it to him,” she said cheekily, grinning and biting her bottom lip joyfully.

PA - First Post!

A'tay
of Bronze Xyxyth

Date of Birth
17.06.724, 20
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Blonde, short, messy

Threads

He blushed at her praise and mumbled his gratitude. Her response was nice and needed since he was pretty sure Zelly didn’t count as an impartial observer anymore. Then again, she was outspoken and didn’t seem to have a need to lie so perhaps she would tell him if something sucked. But A’tay was also being far too much of a perfectionist on the project as well. He thought he would have finished it months ago but he ended up taking his time on each piece, sometimes starting over a few times, before finally being happy enough with it to start smoothing it out.

“I hope he does. I’ll settle for just liking it even,” he chuckled but knew Kalea was right and her brother would likely flounder and have trouble expressing himself. That was okay. He wasn’t doing it to see a reaction, no matter how much Kalea might be right and it would be fun to see. A’tay just wanted to do something for the greenrider that had been so kind to him since Thallyath’s Flight nearly two years ago. F’drel never asked for anything in return when they met up to have a non-alcoholic drink together where A’tay sometimes found the courage to discuss something that was on his mind and F’drel would listen intently and only offer advice when it was sought after.

“If you’re not there, I’ll be sure to tell you all about it.” Truthfully, A’tay would probably wait to give it to F’drel when they were alone because it would embarrass them both and witnesses weren’t needed. But he would gladly give Kalea a rundown afterward.

“And let me know when you want to go back. Xyxyth and I are here to sun and relax so if we become boring company, just let me know.” He smiled at Kalea, always finding it easy to tease himself—and liked to do it before someone else got a chance to.

Date of Birth
10.01.726, 19
Height
5'7
Eyes
Brown
Build
Soft, curvy
Hair
Dark Brown

Threads

After reassuring A’tay that he wouldn’t become boring company, Kalea managed to sit quietly for all of five minutes before she became bored and started to fidget. She wriggled her toes, tapping them together as her feet rocked on her heels; she picked at her fingernails, chewed her bottom lip, stared up at the clouds and then sighed mightily. A’tay wasn’t boring company! What he was doing was actually pretty interesting and she had a slight worry he might hurt himself with the tools he was using to make the shapes appear. But sitting still was never her forte.

Glancing around, she spotted a tide pool not far away, and gave a happy chirp sound as she suddenly slid off the rock to land in the sand with a flutter of her half-dry skirt. Not looking up at A’tay, Kalea skipped over to the pool and peered in, biting her bottom lip again and shifting carefully so she could see the creatures in the water without startling them into hiding. Sinking down to her knees on the rocky edge, she reached in and gingerly poked at something a couple of times. When it didn’t do anything scary, Kalea picked it up. She held it up in front of her nose and examined the creature for a few moments, before grinning and flowing upwards to stand once more.

Spinning on the balls of her feet, Kalea trotted over to where A’tay was still sitting on the rock and working on his chess pieces. She paused before him, the creature in her hand outstretched slightly, before deciding she didn’t want to interrupt his work so she turned towards Xyxyth and quickly closed the distance between them, gushing as she went; “Xyxyth! Look what I found!” she held the creature out to him. It was a bit bigger than her hand and wriggled slightly as she held it out. A big sea slug that felt slimy and was funny colours.

“Isn’t it amazing! I don’t know what it is, but I love it! I’m going to call it Stew!” she giggled. “I wonder if it would taste good in a stew? Do you want to eat it?” She held it out to him with another giggle, not really expecting the dragon to do so. But it was polite to ask! She giggled gleefully when he declined, and turned to run back to the tidepool so she could dig out something else to show the cheerful bronze dragon.

PA - First Post!

A'tay
of Bronze Xyxyth

Date of Birth
17.06.724, 20
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Blonde, short, messy

Threads

A’tay rested somewhere between amused and worried that he had been right about Kalea’s attention span. He hadn’t meant that they had to sit in silence but it seemed like she was determined to test herself but it didn’t last long and she started to wander. He wasn’t too worried—it wasn’t like she was a child and Xyxyth was watching her antics with amusement and would help if anything did go astray.

But when he looked up again, he saw Kalea poking at something in the tide pool. Was that really a good idea? It seemed so as she smiled and brought something out. A’tay suppressed a grin and went back to working on the chess piece since she seemed intent on getting Xyxyth’s opinion on her find. As long as it wasn’t poisonous or didn’t suddenly attack her somehow, there was nothing to worry about.

Xyxyth eyed the blob that was apparently a creature. He’d never seen anything like it before! It’s very amazing!, he agreed and leaned in a little closer to sniff at it when it was presented as possible food. It was very tiny and wouldn’t do much for him but he wasn’t sure he liked the smell of it anyway and declined the offering. Good bye, Stew! It was nice to meet you! Xyxyth called out when Kalea was suddenly dashing away to return the creature to its home. She was full of energy but very polite and now he saw how kind she was as well.

He wandered over to join her, careful not to block her light or to get too close. He suspected his larger size might scare everything away if they were all as small and squishy as Stew was. He stood a bit back and craned his neck so he could peek inside. He’d never paid these pools any notice before and now he was sad since they held mysterious beings.

Date of Birth
10.01.726, 19
Height
5'7
Eyes
Brown
Build
Soft, curvy
Hair
Dark Brown

Threads

“Look, Xyxyth!” Kalea said, turning to face the dragon that had come up behind her, grinning widely as she held out a sea urchin. She had no idea what it was, but it was spikey and wiggly and she loved it just like she loved Stew the Slug. She held the urchin out towards Xyxyth, cradling it carefully in both hands. It waved its pointy points, and she smiled mischievously. “You can eat these ones,” she said, and gave the urchin a sharp tap, breaking the shell.

Pulling it apart, she showed Xyxyth the inside, which didn’t look appealing at all. “I broke the first one by accident, and got it on my fingers,” She explained, carefully cleaning out the gunky bits so only the good stuff was left. “It tastes sweet, and a little salty, and some other tastes I don’t know,” she said. She put some of the shellfish in her mouth, and then offered Xyxyth the rest, raising her eyebrows at him and grinning. “Want to try it?”

Kalea knew, honestly, that it probably wasn’t a smart idea to go sticking strange sea creatures into her mouth, and she mostly didn’t! She’d tried some seaweed, that was kind of fun to eat, and some of the little fishies… but she hadn’t tried anything like Stew, who looked so… bright and for some reason that made her wary of eating him. “Its not poisonous or anything,” she promised Xyxyth. “I’ve eaten lots of them!” She beamed, licking a finger.

PA - First Post!

A'tay
of Bronze Xyxyth

Date of Birth
17.06.724, 20
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Blonde, short, messy

Threads

Xyxyth sniffed at the tiny offering held before him but A’tay was quicker. “Um, maybe we shouldn’t be trying random things we find at the beach?” He chuckled nervously and Xyxyth sat back before he could dart his tongue out and try it anyway. A’tay gave him an odd look like he couldn’t believe the dragon was about to randomly try something but, then again, the dragon had always been curious. “Besides, you would need a lot larger portion for Xyxyth to really taste it anyway.” He didn’t want to be mean to Kalea or have her think he was scolding her. He was just worried for all of them.

“I bet if you talk to someone in the kitchens they would know more about the creatures you find and how to cook some of them. Maybe even tell you if there are types to avoid, like with plants.” Growing up in Katila, they had all been taught at a young age what plants were edible and which ones to avoid because they were poisonous to the touch or to eat. One of them had tempting berries and they were always reminding each other to avoid it.

“Did you want to collect some and bring back to ask about? You can use my bag,” it only had a couple of items in it that could easily be shoved into pockets or worn to clear it out for the creatures that got collected. He hadn’t seen Stew that clearly but A’tay was pretty sure if he was put in the bag, he didn’t want anything worth keeping in it as well. Maybe he’d just let her keep the bag for her beach adventures.

Date of Birth
10.01.726, 19
Height
5'7
Eyes
Brown
Build
Soft, curvy
Hair
Dark Brown

Threads

Kalea smiled brightly when Xyxyth leaned forward to sniff at the urchin in her hands, before her whole demeanour changed and she deflated, pouting as A’tay shot down the offer, and Xyxyth leaned back. Kalea’s expression evened out into a blank mask, and she turned to look at A’tay without any emotion, “Okay.” She said simply, lowering her hands and looking down at the remainder of her sea urchin. She scooped up the rest and ate it, looking at A’tay with defiance for a moment, before lowering her gaze demurely and setting the empty shell to the side.

Eyebrows furrowed, Kalea looked up at A’tay with her head tilted, frowning. “There are plants you should avoid?” she asked quietly, still withdrawn and mild, feeling down and resentful to the scolding she’d gotten for eating the spikey thing – or maybe he simply hadn’t liked her offering it to his dragon? She wasn’t sure, but it didn’t matter. A’tay had gone from really cool to really not cool in a few simple words.

When A’tay offered his bag for her to bring some things back to the Weyr kitchen, Kalea paused, frowning at him openly as she tried to figure out what game he was playing. Was she supposed to take up the offer so she wouldn’t appear rude, or was she supposed to be demure and decline so she didn’t ruin his bag with her sea critters? She really couldn’t figure it out, and shifted uncomfortably, looking down at her hands in her lap. They were gritty from the shellfish and she took a moment to lean over, rinsing her hands in the tide pool.

“That’s okay,” she said quietly after a moment turning back to A’tay and wiping her hands on her skirt, leaving wet handprints there. “You might lose your chess pieces.” Which she was genuinely worried about; if he shoved them in his pockets or held onto them he could drop them before they made it back to the Weyr and then Kalea knew she would be in all kinds of trouble!

PA - First Post!

A'tay
of Bronze Xyxyth

Date of Birth
17.06.724, 20
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Blonde, short, messy

Threads

Hey, F’drel. So I made sure your sister wasn’t poisoned but I made her sad. Not sure which is worse.

A’tay frowned at Kalea’s reaction to his hesitance and then to his offer to help her learn more about what she was eating. Had he really upset her that much? He hadn’t been mean, at least he hadn’t meant to be. He was just worried and thought he came up with a helpful alternative. He almost laughed at how she defiantly ate the remainder of the shellfish but knew that wouldn’t go over well at all. But he was left with a completely different person staring at him and it made him a bit uncomfortable and unsure of what to do. A few cavern workers gave him the same kind of demure attitude when they saw his knots and A’tay always hated it and didn’t think he deserved any special treatment because Xyxyth was shiner than other dragons.

“I only brought two pieces with me and I always keep them in this pocket so I know they’re safe,” A’tay pointed to the pocket in question and then slid the piece inside it. His tool was slipped into a different one as he left the rock and slowly approached the pair. He didn’t want to spook Kalea who seemed like he had physically smacked her into submission. He felt horrible for apparently misspeaking and didn’t know how he would handle her flinching at him moving too quickly or unexpectedly.

He unhooked the bag from Xyxyth’s straps and pulled out the spare shirt, cloth, and small jar of oil for any itchy spot touch ups and then held the bag out to Kalea. “Please take it. I really do want to help you learn more about the creatures you’ve found and I don’t know anything about them to do so. I’m actually working on getting over a fear of water and never explored these little pools. I think it would be cool to learn about what lives in the water and if they’re okay for dragons. Did you know they have two stomachs?” Honestly, from what he had seen of dragonets and adults over the years, A’tay was confident a dragon could eat anything without much issue. But that was going off the logic that they were eating food safe for humans, not unknown animals.

“And, if you don’t hate me, I’d be happy to teach you about the plants I know some time.” Some were back in Katila and A’tay wasn’t sure if he should mention that just yet, knowing Kalea would want to go right away and he wanted to run the idea by F’drel first.

Date of Birth
10.01.726, 19
Height
5'7
Eyes
Brown
Build
Soft, curvy
Hair
Dark Brown

Threads

Kalea didn’t flinch as A’tay came towards her and Xyxyth, just watched him with cautiously calculating eyes, wondering what he was up to now. Was he going to take his dragon and leave her on the beach? She was surprised that he kept his chess pieces on his person, and chewed her bottom lip as he unhooked his bag from Xyxyth and started pulling things out of it. A frown marred her features and Kalea stood up slowly, putting her hands behind her back and shaking her head. “Fen won’t like it if I ruin your bag,” Kalea said quietly, grimacing as she slowly let her personality leek back into view. “He’d probably make me clean it until it’s cleaner than when you got it!”

She really didn’t want to take his bag, and not only because now she had a very clear image of F’drel punishing her for doing so! Though that was the biggest part of it all, really. She didn’t want to be stuck washing A’tay’s bag for a billion years to make it cleaner than when it had been bought or gifted to him or whatever. But it also seemed really bad manners to take a bag that wasn’t hers and fill it with sea creatures that might or might not stay in one piece as they were dragged to the kitchen at the Weyr. Kalea sighed dramatically, indecisive.

“I don’t hate you,” Kalea said, blinking and looking confused as she stared up at A’tay. It took her a moment to realise there had been more to his comment, and she blinked again, this time her excitement and bubbly persona flooding to the surface; Kalea bounced on the balls of her feet, clasping her hands in front of her as she bit her bottom lip. “Really?” She asked, hopeful and excited. Knowing about plants that couldn’t be eaten would be so interesting! Kalea, who absolutely loathed being taught things, didn’t realise that’s exactly what A’tay had offered to do.

PA - First Post!

A'tay
of Bronze Xyxyth

Date of Birth
17.06.724, 20
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Blonde, short, messy

Threads

A'tay sighed and was somewhat hurt when she didn't take the bag and he slowly lowered the offered item to hang at his side. He considered just walking around her and scooping creatures up himself to show he really was fine with it. He was even going to let her keep the bag to use on other outings to help with her obvious interest. But he had screwed even that up. But the more he thought about it, the more it made sense to use a bucket. That way they could bring the creatures back alive in some water.

At least she didn't hate him despite that drastic shift in personality and demeanor she had undertaken. A shift that didn't seem to last long as it started to come back at the prospect of learning about the plants. Now he would have to make sure he wasn't boring when telling her about them! But if F'drel was okay with the trip to Katila, A'tay felt like he'd get a pass for bringing her somewhere new.

"Really. I promise, though not today since it's getting too late for that. We will need good lighting to help find and identify some." He hoped Kalea believed him that he would take her soon and it wasn't an empty promise. He was having trouble figuring her out and it made him hesitant to ask the next question in case it set her off again.

"Think we should head back now?" He finally asked and turned back to Xyxyth to attach the bag again and fill it back up.

Date of Birth
10.01.726, 19
Height
5'7
Eyes
Brown
Build
Soft, curvy
Hair
Dark Brown

Threads

“Okay!” Kalea said happily, clapping her hands together and bouncing closer to A’tay as he put the bag back on his dragon and the contents back within in. When he asked if they should head back, Kalea’s nose scrunched up and she pouted, but then she sighed a big sigh and her shoulders slumped. “I guess we should,” she said sadly, looking around at the beach and then up towards the sky. It wasn’t too late yet, but it was certainly well into the afternoon and Kalea knew her siblings would start to miss her soon, if they weren’t already. Her face screwed up again.

“I really don’t want to,” she said sulkily, honesty in her voice as she reached out boldly to pat at Xyxyth’s side, enjoying the smooth feel of the dragon’s hide. “but Fen will be grumpy if he knows I was out here for so long. And I’m hungry.” Eating the creature had sparked her hunger, even though it was somewhere between lunch and dinner time, it wasn’t close enough to either for her tummy to not object. Kalea grinned up at A’tay. “And I can ask the kitchen people about the things in the tide pools!” She said excitedly.

She turned her bright smile on Xyxyth, before turning back to A’tay; “Can I really ride with you?” She asked with wide eyes, still stroking Xyxyth’s soft hide with a gentle touch.

PA - First Post!

A'tay
of Bronze Xyxyth

Date of Birth
17.06.724, 20
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Blonde, short, messy

Threads

A’tay laughed at the honesty and then admission that she was hungry despite nibbling on random sea creatures. He supposed it would take a lot of food to keep that energy up all the time. He was a bit on the opposite end. While they never lacked for food in Katila, servings were often smaller to help ration what they did have and he never saw a need to change his portions when they came North. So he wasn’t hungry just yet but he did have a pot of Zelly’s stew simmering at home. Since learning to cook, he’d taken to doing it regularly and even found the courage to invite people over to enjoy it with them.

“Yes, you can really ride with me. And, how about I bring you back to my weyr and you can try a stew I made earlier? Maybe you can bring a bowl back for F’drel as well—not that I’m encouraging you to bribe your brother or anything.” He grinned as he suggested it, feeling a bit naughty for voicing the idea but A’tay also had a feeling Kalea would already consider it an option.

As Xyxyth got into position to best help everyone climb aboard, A’tay pointed out, “Xyxyth’s a bit larger than Halomirth, but the idea for mounting up is the same.” He climbed up first and held out his hand to help Kalea the rest of the way up when she reached the end of the easiest portion of the climb. He kind of missed when Xyxyth was a lot smaller—then again, smaller Xyxyth also liked to run around and needed a constant eye kept on him. His current size meant he could get into less trouble.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)