World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
741.11.23 | Enjoying the View
2pm | K'dar

Date of Birth
21.06.719, 25
Height
6'2
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, wavy

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
Yfris was in his element—well, one of them. He happily nattered on about Misty Hold as he gave K’dar the grand tour. It wasn’t that he loved history or thought K’dar would be interested in it, but Yfris loved talking and sharing stories which was what he was doing as they passed through various rooms. He pointed out a favourite childhood memory in one room while in the next he would toss about something embarrassing about his brother all while he smiled and gestured wildly. It had been a while since someone had come to the Hold that didn’t know the history or wasn’t born into the life and didn’t care about the various objects he pointed at. The bronzerider grew up in a jungle! That was ridiculously fascinating and Yfris would grill him for more details on that later but he had to finish showing off his own world first.

“Now with that incredibly boring tour out of the way, I could lead you back to the library where I noticed your eyes grow larger than they already were everywhere else, but then I would be incredibly bored and you don’t want that to happen to your host.” Yfris did his best to avoid the library. Going in there meant learning and reading and neither appealed to him when there were far more interesting things to do.

“I recall teasing you with the ocean and you probably cheated when you brought me home from the Gather or even today and stole a peek, but you wouldn’t have seen it from the ground,” Yfris led K’dar outside and down a path to a stable full of horses. He enjoyed riding and had a preferred beauty that he went to without thinking so he could greet her. “Have you ever ridden a horse? I heard you didn’t have any in the South—how wonderfully savage of you! I suppose dragons do make up for the lack of horses and are arguably far more beneficial. Still, the view from the ground while riding is a treat but if you haven’t ridden before, we can double up. It would be absolutely scandalous and the holders will talk about it for days but that only encourages me to do it. We can also walk if you prefer. Same view, only slower.” He didn’t want to completely traumatise his newest friend but Yfris suspected taking a stroll with a handsome bronzerider would still be viewed as scandalous to some but less so than snuggling close on a horse.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

Written By: BardlyThere
K'dar was busy gawking and doing his best to listen to Yfris to say much during the tour. It was one thing to read about the holds, or to even stop by and visit the outside of one, but he'd never gotten a proper tour. The stories that Yfris rambled on about helped to add more context and help him get a feel of the place he wouldn't have been able to if he'd just wandered around on his own. Even Tiberuth quietly listened in and took peeks through K'dar's eyes, curiously looking around the spaces he considered cramped and crowded.

The library had certainly not gone unnoticed by either of them and the dragon couldn't help but prod, See, this is what happens when you socialize. You can make friends and potentially discover that those friends have rooms full of those books you like so much. Besides, you're learning quite a bit already on this little adventure. Tiber didn't exactly approve of Yfris, but he couldn't pass up the chance to spend more time in a new place and get K'dar to socialize at the same time.

When his host and guide mentioned the library, and then immediately revealed they would not be going back, K'dar did his best not to pout. "Maybe we could go back later?" Tiberuth didn't comment, but K'dar could feel the dragon's annoyance in him for not being more assertive on the matter. I'm trying to be polite, we're guests here. The dragon just gave him a wordless grumble in response.

Hopefully he'd get to go back and browse through the books, though he supposed it would take a very long time even if he just wanted to look through the titles. For now, K'dar followed Yfris out to the stables. Horses always looked too small to be ridden to him, no matter how many times he'd seen others ride them. And now his friend was suggesting they both ride one at the same time? That couldn't be safe at all, the poor thing would probably hurt itself. That and the mention of the scandal had him blushing slightly as he shook his head. "No, I've never ridden one, and if it's fine I would prefer to walk. I don't mind taking more time to enjoy the view. And that way if Tiber decides to join us or jump into the sea you don't have to worry about scaring the horse."

Date of Birth
21.06.719, 25
Height
6'2
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, wavy

Threads

"My clever friend! I may have the charms and we share the good looks, but you can take credit for being the brains of this friendship. I hadn't thought how a horse would react to a dragon. My girl here is pretty steady but I don't want to risk it today." He gave his horse another pat before leading K'dar back out and down a path.

"Simply being with me is a scandal in itself, you know." As they passed by a small group, Yfris smiled and greeted them before taking a swig from a wine skein he had grabbed on the way out of the Hold. He then offered it to K'dar. "It's only water, I promise. But I have several reputations to uphold. Lazy lordling--which walking is kind of ruining today, I'll have you know. Useless second son... a lord known for partying and drinking... and some believe, rightly I should add and you well know, that my interests lie in men along with women." So walking with a handsome dragonrider with what could be wine in hand would keep tongues wagging for a few days and that amused Yfris. It would probably make K'dar blush and that was also amusing. They really did need to work on the man's confidence and ability to control such reactions if he ever wanted to approach anyone. It was tempting to turn them towards the tavern to have K'dar flirt with the tavern maid but Yfris kept them heading for the ocean overlook he liked to laze about at.

After a few more minutes of strolling, Yfris finally brought back up the library. "It's not what you think it will be like. I didn't exaggerate earlier when I said it was full of dusty old books. It's mostly records of the past, detailing crops, imports, Hold management... it's horribly dull and I was supposed to study parts of it." He tried when he was younger but didn't see the point. The history of the land and families was slightly more fascinating and he picked that up without too much fuss but the records could burn for all he cared. "But if you survive tonight's dinner that I'm suddenly inviting you to without warning, we can have an after dinner drink there and you can poke around."

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

K'dar was relieved that he didn't have to ride the horse with its spindly looking legs. He'd hate to be around and responsible if anything went wrong; much easier to just avoid the situation entirely. K'dar gave the group a friendly wave as well before turning to Yfris in confusion at the offered wineskin. He took a drink, bracing himself for it to have been a prank but was pleasantly surprised to find it was, in fact, just water. He smiled and returned it. He did blush a bit at the reminder that he indeed knew very well on a personal level that Yfris was interested in men. "Thanks. Though... I thought scandals were a much more frightening thing in the holds, especially for the lords. So why do you like them?"

He knew life in the holds was much more prudish, or at least publicly it was. "Wouldn't your father be upset with all the scandals? Or does he not care?" What if the man had scandals of his own that were so much bigger that he didn't have time to worry about these? If this was one of his books then there was probably some sort of design behind it all. Not that K'dar thought the stories he read were necessarily true, but they could have had some founding in fact. A harper had told him that once, that it was easier to lie and tell stories if things had just a tiny foundation of truth to stand on.

"Dinner? Are you sure that would be fine? I wouldn't want to impose. Should... am I dressed well enough?" Hopefully he was fine, Tiberuth had insisted that he wear his nice new jacket. And something comfortable, though he had then immediately forbidden him from wearing one of his nice sweaters. Instead he was in his most comfortable nice shirt, one that he normally reserved for gathers, parties, or wearing to events like hatchings and graduations. At least he'd shined and polished his boots. If he was going to poke around the library afterwards he did not want to be an embarrassment during dinner and miss out on that chance. He didn't even care about the drink Yfris mentions. K'dar could choke down some alcohol for books.

Date of Birth
21.06.719, 25
Height
6'2
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, wavy

Threads

“Oh, father cares but he tolerates it,” Yfris chuckled, wondering how to explain his life. “I think he puts up with it so long as I don’t kill someone or impregnate the wrong woman. In fact, my wild ways may be working against me now. My parents have actually found someone to potentially marry me to.” At least it was Cazan. She was different from most of the ladies he knew and she was entertaining; and also a dragonrider which probably made the whole thing invalid. “Honestly, I think some believe it’s all an act and don’t take what I do seriously or just write it off as me being an eccentric lordling they can ignore because my father and brother have good heads on their shoulders. A lot of what they believe is based on rumours which is likely why father doesn’t care. That suits me fine and lets me do as I please. Their whispers make life interesting and keep things from getting boring.” Although, if he hated boring and routines… wouldn’t being a scandalous lout start to become a routine? Nah, even with it being expected, it still created new moments daily.

“And I’m quite certain inviting you to dinner is fine. You look good enough to be served on a platter. Perhaps I should worry. You may distract me from behaving during one of the rare moments I keep myself reined in.” He didn’t follow up his comment with a lick of the lips or a certain look to help imply what he meant or hoped for. They were out for a nice stroll to a spot he had cherished since he was a child and no matter what he had been saying, he was more than just a sex addict.

And the day was still young and there would be plenty of time after dinner and books to get the bronzerider naked.

“We’re almost there. Tiberuth can meet us there if he’d like. Unless he found his own preferred spot already,” Yfris looked around, checking to see if he could see a giant bronze dragon flying and then wondered where Tiberuth was hanging out to begin with. Maybe he was already at the ledge, having thought it was a good spot to be out of the way but nearby.

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

"Oh. Well I suppose those should be easy enough standards to live up to." At least K'dar hoped so. Yfris didn't seem like the violent sort, though he supposed there was a possibility the man would accidentally poison someone with too much alcohol or other sort of drug. Actually the more he thought about it the more he realized that second goal might be harder for the lordling too. He was surprised that Yfris hadn't gotten himself into more trouble by now. At least the rest of his rationale seemed to make more sense. "Well, hopefully your future wife lets you keep having your fun scandals."

The compliment made K'dar's cheeks flush slightly, though he didn't turn quite as red as he could have. "I will do my best to not be distracting. Just help me make sure I don't embarrass you at least."

At the mention of his dragon, he decided to check in. Tiberuth had found a rather lovely rocky outcropping to soak up some sun away from any curious gawping. The bronzerider gave him a gentle poke, promising him a ledge with a lovely view of the sea. That was enough to rouse the dragon and he was soon flying to meet them. K'dar turned to grin at Yfris, pleased by the sense f approval he was getting from his dragon. "Tiber likes it here, though that may be because he hasn't finished seeing everything there is to see."

Date of Birth
21.06.719, 25
Height
6'2
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, wavy

Threads

“My current future wife is a scandal herself,” Yfris mumbled before taking another swig of water. There was far too much walking and some of it was an incline! At least he had good company and the view was always worth the trek. “She’s probably talked about more than I am these days but our reputations leave little else interested and why her mother is so insistent upon this arrangement despite a large hurdle or two.” He’d consider making it work, if only because Cazan wouldn’t care what he got up to and they could leave each other alone except for a fun romp once in a while. But that dragon issue kind of made the whole thing moot.

He led them up the final portion of the path through some large boulders that opened up to a flat ledge that overlooked the ocean. They weren’t too high up but high enough that they were out of the way and rarely noticed from the paths more at sea level. “Welcome and enjoy!” Yfris grinned as he swept an arm out dramatically to present the view to K’dar.

Yfris, uncaring about what he was wearing, flopped his ass down in just the right spot that gave a great view but wouldn’t risk dropping him over the edge if he was careless. It also ensured they could sit and still give the massive bronze space to land and settle in himself. “It occurs to me that I should have asked for Tiberuth to join us when we were still at the Hold. Next time, remind me that when a horse is not the answer that a dragon very well may be.” He grinned and patted the ground beside him.

“You won’t embarrass me, by the way. Do I seem the sort to intimately know that emotion? Besides, I plan on telling father an embellished truth. We met at the Gather and as a young bronzerider with ambitions to be Weyrleader of High Reaches when it opens once more, you are interested in learning about the region and meeting some of the lords while in exchange, you have managed to pique my interest in something and you’re teaching me about Weyr life and what Katila was like.” Yfris watched K’dar from the corner of his eye as he spoke, curious about what the man would think of the Weyrleader angle. No doubt he lacked the confidence to ever consider the position but that was why it was slightly embellished.

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

"Well at least you'll get to be scandalous together," K'dar said with a small chuckle. The mating customs of holders were so very odd, but at least they made for interesting stories and good books. And here he was, story adjacent. Tiberuth teased as he landed, I seem to remember you played a more active role. K'dar blushed again, but hopefully the dragon's appearance would distract from that. He couldn't deny that he had quite a bit of fun while Yfris was pushing his buttons. The dragon circled for a moment before finding the best position and angle to settle down so he could overlook the sea.

The little lordling had the right idea, he could be a king here. He just had to give K'dar a few more nudges. The rider, however, did not have near the same confidence. "Wha- Weyrleader? I don't... I don't know about that. Maybe one day," hopefully the one day would satisfy Tiber for now, "but it's much too soon right now." Not too soon to think about and to set goals. The bronze gave a pleased rumble and added, Besides, you would get more access to that library. To more libraries too if you learn to play your cards half as well as your little friend.

K'dar sighed and gave Yfris an annoyed look. "You've given Tiber ideas. I don't even know if I could pretend to be weyrleader material. I'm sure they look for... something. I don't actually know." He scratched his chin as he stared across the ocean and thought. There was probably no harm in pretending, after all the lords in the stories were rather good at being tricky at times. It wasn't like anyone back at the weyr would hear about it. "I could give the story a try, but you might have to coach me a bit."

Date of Birth
21.06.719, 25
Height
6'2
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, wavy

Threads

K'dar sighed and gave Yfris an annoyed look. "You've given Tiber ideas. I don't even know if I could pretend to be weyrleader material. I'm sure they look for... something. I don't actually know." He scratched his chin as he stared across the ocean and thought. There was probably no harm in pretending, after all the lords in the stories were rather good at being tricky at times. It wasn't like anyone back at the weyr would hear about it. "I could give the story a try, but you might have to coach me a bit."

“If you don’t know, then why would anyone in my family know? Besides, didn’t you just open Benden Weyr? High Reaches is years away and you have plenty of time to grow into the role.” Yfris wouldn’t want the title for himself but some people were ambitious or just took to ruling and paperwork. K’dar seemed the sort that would like the paperwork portion—he just needed someone to help him with the ruling part. “We could always get you to hit on my future wife to help work on your confidence.” Cazan was probably the worst one to help with such a project. She was so wrapped up in her work and had a hot boyfriend that she probably wouldn’t pay K’dar much notice. Yfris would find the right person when the time came. He had to give the bronzerider some lessons first.

“What else makes up bronzerider K’dar? I know you like books, the ocean, and having amazing sex with me,” Yfris paused to give a wicked grin to his friend but made no further comment on the subject. “Do you sing or are you skilled in a craft?” K’dar seemed to enjoy letting him talk and Yfris was always fine with that but he could be a curious fellow when he wanted to be. It would also help him guide K’dar through any dinner conversations and perhaps find an angle to boost his confidence.

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

He had to admit that Yfris made sense. Why would a bunch of holdfolk know anything about how Weyrs were organized and run? K'dar lounged on the ground, staring off over the ocean. "We did open Benden recently, and I suppose it wouldn't hurt anything to look into it as a possibility." He turned to his friend to raise an eyebrow dubiously as he added, "I'm not sure I should hit on your lady... I don't even know who she is. And if she's supposed to marry you I doubt she'd appreciate it."

There was the possibility that she was just like Yfris but he doubted it. The lordling was so over the top and larger than life that K'dar was sure he was genuinely one of a kind. The followup question was bothersome because he had to think about it. What was he? "I've always been the oldest... so I'm used to spending my time watching over my younger siblings, helping them out and trying to keep them out of trouble. I guess I haven't really done much since I impressed and ended up further away from most of them. Well one of my younger brothers is in Telgar with me now, but he's good at staying out of trouble on his own." He didn't bring up that he'd punched said brother during a recent flight... that had been a touch embarrassing. "I don't sing, well I do but not well. I can make my own riding straps, and maintain my leathers, but I wouldn't feel good about making anything for anyone else. I like to go fishing, but that's easy, everyone can do that."

He smiled at the memory of dancing with Kat at the gather and how proud he'd been of pulling off those fancy moves with her. " Oh... I dance I suppose. Just... ah... keep it a secret. I basically just tried to copy the moves I read about in some of my books." K'dar chuckled, shaking his head. "I guess I'm not really all that impressive. Maybe I should learn to do something. Not sure what would help me to be more interesting or more fit to be weyrleader."

Date of Birth
21.06.719, 25
Height
6'2
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, wavy

Threads

Yfris listened with interest, smiling to himself as K'dar all but labelled himself a leader with the way he looked after his siblings. There was a leader hidden in the man, but it wasn't Yfris' goal to get him to Weyrleader--he just wanted him to have the ability to talk to and flirt with anyone he wanted. With the right person, the big and strong protector angle could work but that was a whole other lesson in teaching K'dar to know when to use that.

"Dancing, eh? Now that is something we can work with! The right lines for asking a lady to dance and what to say and do while holding her are all important facets for charming her." He would have to think about it further later on. So much of what he said and did just came out in the moment with little thought so coaching K'dar in his ways would be a challenge.

"As for your fishing, I, for one, do not know how to fish so not everyone knows. I suppose that was something many had to learn in Katila?" Yfris had been watching a ship just within his view out on the ocean and he pointed it out to K'dar. "The fishercraft Hall is nearby in Tillek but that's one of Misty Hold's boats. They go out when the sun rises and returns as it sets. Sometimes they go out further and for days at a time for a larger haul. I've never had to pick up a rod for even leisurely fishing though I have been told it's my level of activity with barely anything involved." Not that it sounded appealing, honestly. There was laziness and there was boredom. Fishing seemed like it would fall toward boredom.

"I think the best way to start building your ability to charm people out of pants and dresses is going to come from growing up in Katila." It was unknown to most yet the inhabitants were viewed as wild and uncultured. Playing that up would work on some and leave them intrigued. "Lightly teasing yourself for not knowing the ways of the Hold or Gather will be endearing to some. Mylorah has charmed quite a few with her naive ways. I assume that's been her tactic and not just having sex with everyone as an opener." Sure, he had slept with her not long after meeting her but that wasn't her opening line but something that naturally progressed during their time together.

"Perhaps we should get her to help with lessons. Do you know her?"

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

"I wouldn't mind learning to be a better dancer, I have a friend who rather enjoys dancing and it was fun surprising her with a spin." K'dar grinned, proud of the rather clever moment. If he could learn a few more tricks he was sure Katiryn would appreciate it, along with anyone else he took to the dance floor. He looked out at the ship when it was pointed out. He wondered what fishing from a boat was like and was sorely tempted to try and take Tiberuth out for a closer look. But he was here with a friend and it would be rude to just wander off.

"We had to get our own food in Katila, so everyone helped a little. We had a few small farms, people fished and hunted. I liked fishing better than the other options. I think you'd like fishing with a pole and line. Usually people drink and lounge while they're waiting for the fish to bite. If you ever want to try it I can take you." K'dar had a few spots he liked to fish from already, and he was always fine with finding a new fishing hole.

"Does that actually..." K'dar's voice trailed off and he became very still, his jaw clenching as he focused on taking deep breaths and not becoming angry at the mention of his sister sleeping with everyone. His normal inclination was to defend his sister's honor (a task which he refused to accept as futile and was perfectly happy to keep deluding himself about) with extreme prejudice, even violence. But Yfris was a new friend, he clearly didn't know better. "I think I know my sister... and because I like you I will pretend that you didn't accuse her of sleeping around with everyone."

He tried counting to himself to help stay calm, his thoughts reeling about his sister, his little sister! being mentioned in such a manner. And so casually too! Clearly he needed to go track her down, needed to make sure she was staying out of trouble and away from dangerous lordlings who had too much time and drugs on their hands.

Tiberuth let out a grumble as he stood up and walked towards the edge of the cliff, jumping off without a word and flying towards the sea. He knew a way to get his rider to cool off in a hurry and have a little bit of fun at the same time. Once he saw a spot suitably deep enough he tucked his wings in and plunged down into the frigid water, sending a curse out of K'dar's mouth as he was shocked by the sudden sensation. He jumped up to his feet and got as close to the edge as he dared to watch, letting out a small breath as the bronze erupted back out of the water with a roar to fight off the chill. A few spins to try and throw off as much sea water as he could and Tiberuth began to circle around and back towards the overlook.

"Dammit, Tiber!" K'dar shouted. Tiberuth responded with only a chuckle before finding a broad expanse of sun covered stone to try to warm back up on.

Date of Birth
21.06.719, 25
Height
6'2
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, wavy

Threads

Well, shit. He knew he forgot something important about K'dar. He had figured out, or assumed without confirmation, that he was Mylorah's older brother but he had been preoccupied at the time and it slipped his mind. "I didn't mean she was doing that, only stating that it was another option that you could go with." How did one calm down an angry brother? He had somehow managed to avoid such confrontations in the past--probably because he was usually more aware of what he was doing and with whom.

Thankfully Tiberuth seemed to know a way and Yfris watched with fascination as K'dar reacted like he had just been thrown into the ocean. Honestly, Yfris thought the dragon was going to do that to him when he first moved and panic may have struck him before Tiberuth dunked himself. What did one get a dragon for a gift of gratitude?

"I do apologize, K'dar. I meant no slight on your sister. She's a wonderful person and quite close to a friend of mine. She's been the reason a lot of our preconceived notions have been changed. And now that I'm betrothed to a goldrider, I have a feeling I will be learning a lot more in other areas."

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

K'dar was pacing the cliff, shaking his arms out as if that would possibly help him feel warm again. At least his dragon was having a good time, even if it was at his expense. You looked like you needed to cool off. K'dar groaned, grabbing his head with both hands at the terrible pun. You're awful, I hate you. You do not, you're just jealous you didn't think of it yourself.

Damn dragon. But he had to admit he was much calmer in general, or at least about the situation. He no longer felt as inclined to try punching Yfris at least. He turned to study the lordling for a moment with a frown. He couldn't tell if he was lying, but at the very least he seemed genuine enough with his apology. "Mylorah is a wonderful person," he said with a nod. That was easy enough to agree with. "There are just... people who would take advantage of her friendly nature."

The mention of the goldrider helped to distract him even further and K'dar paused, head tilting in confusion. "Wait, your future wife is a goldrider? How does that even work? That... that shouldn't work at all." A goldrider getting married to a lord? Ridiculous. "Though I guess that's probably why you thought I should practice flirting with her."

Date of Birth
21.06.719, 25
Height
6'2
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, wavy

Threads

Yfris agreed wholeheartedly that there were people who would take advantage of Mylorah ot try to break her--like some had rumoured to have tried--but he was clever enough to learn from most of his mistakes and didn't comment further. If Mylorah wanted her big brother to know what she was up to, she'd tell him herself. No need to put his neck out there again now that he knew K'dar's trigger to his temper.

"I know! We're still figuring out if it's possible as well." The only thing that seemed to make sense would be if he moved to the Weyr, giving up all his claims and comforts of Misty Hold. Yfris was confident that would scare Cazan's mother off since they wouldn't get anything out of the union but he was warming to the idea of this marriage if they could get it to work. Cazan would have no expectations and they could continue doing their own thing.

"Cazan's mother tried to land me--as I am quite the prize I'm sure you will agree--a few years ago but my parents went with another offer. Unfortunately the poor lass passed away recently and Cazan's mother believes I'm the only one that can handle her or some such thing." Yfris gave a little hand wave as if he could dismiss the whole thing. It was becoming such a pain in general but Cazan was also currently miffed with him. It wasn't his fault the lordling adjacent formerly known as Kordiavis knew more than he should! Well, not directly his fault anyway.

Yfris sighed, and eyed his friend. "Would you sit back down? The pacing and even standing makes me feel like I'm supposed to be doing something as well. Or we could head back if you prefer. Recline a bit before dinner."

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

"Caz-wait. Cazan... Goldrider Cazan at Fort? You thought I should flirt with her?" K'dar rapidly shook his head. "Oh no, I am not flirting with my brother's girlfriend. She already punched me in the face once and she hits harder than he does." He was less upset about the punch than who it came from. It was still mortifying, even if Tiberuth had kept insisting it was fine, because flights didn't count.

He plopped back down to sit next to Yfris again with a small huff. "So your bride to be is my brother's girlfriend... that. Does he know?" With everything he'd heard about Cazan from his brother he would have been surprised if she hadn't told his brother, but it had been a while since they'd last hung out. Clearly he needed to check in with his siblings more, but first he was going to be checking in with Mylorah.

Tiber climbed back to his feet, and K'dar could feel the threat of another sudden dunk in the sea. He took a deep breath and tried to focus more on the present. He had a plan to meet with Mylorah, there was nothing else he could do about that right this instant, so he might as well try to enjoy the time with his friend. There was dinner, and hopefully a library visit afterwards. "Okay... so dinner. I'm interested in becoming weyrleader of High Reaches, you're a friend who can help to introduce me to the local lords so that I can get a better feel for the land. Is this the sort of place where they dance with dinner... or is that just for parties?"

Date of Birth
21.06.719, 25
Height
6'2
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, wavy

Threads

“Ah, right. Of course you know her,” Yfris was having quite the off day. If he was related to Mylorah, that meant he would also be related to T’ryn and know about Cazan. It was amusing to watch K’dar have a slight meltdown over all the new information, though. It was also good to know Cazan wasn’t afraid to punch a man so he’d better watch himself around her until she got over Kordiavis finding out about them. He also couldn’t decide if K’dar was angry at being punched or afraid of Cazan in general. The reaction was a bit hard to read but he took it as something the bronzerider wanted to avoid a repeat of.

“I certainly hope T’ryn’s memory is working better than mine currently is. I came across them at the Gather several days before meeting you and told Cazan about her mother while the three of us had drinks together. He took the news better than she did.” He had also flirted endlessly with them both and had successfully gotten one in bed but was still working on the other. Realisation suddenly struck Yfris and he had to struggle to keep from grinning and saying anything to K’dar. But out of the three siblings he had met, he’d now slept with two of them and was still harassing Cazan to get that third one to agree to some fun. K’dar definitely didn’t need to know that fact. Yfris was fairly sure he wouldn’t survive the outburst that would come from learning Mylorah had slept with him first.

“Anyway, yes. Dancing is just for parties around here. This is just the family dining together as we do each night though I’m dragging an unannounced friend along this time. We’ll get you dancing another time, I promise.” K’dar seemed proud of his dancing and Yfris wanted to see what he was working with to help get this man laid regularly on his own but it wouldn’t be that night. His goal that he hadn’t mentioned yet was simply mixing the perfect drink that K’dar would love while the bronzerider browsed the library.

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

Well at least T'ryn knew. That was good at least. The situation still boggled his mind though, he would just have to trust that everything would work out and Yfris would end up not having to marry his brother's girlfriend so that T'ryn could enjoy some uncomplicated happiness. Or maybe that was something they all wouldn't mind. That didn't seem like something his brother would be particularly interested in, but maybe he was wrong. He could ask about it later.

K'dar let himself relax a bit more, or at least as much as he could considering he was about to be having dinner with a Yfris's family. All he had to do was pretend he was interested in some lofty future goal that his dragon had decided to latch onto as a real possibility. At least it didn't sound like a terribly fancy affair if there wasn't dancing. "Do you often bring strange men home to meet your family? Will I have to remember which fork goes on which side of the plate?" That was something he'd heard as a rumor, and he wasn't sure if it was true or not. At least he didn't remember T'ryn's aunt fussing about any of that, and she was the closest he'd ever met before Yfris to a lord. "Oh, and other than talking about growing up in Katila, should I bring up anything else? Will I be expected to talk or just be quiet and speak when spoken to? I want to make sure I don't offend anyone so badly that I'm banned from the library before I get there."

Date of Birth
21.06.719, 25
Height
6'2
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, wavy

Threads

“I believe you are the first strange man to meet my parents. I don’t usually bring random women home either. In fact, I may have slightly exaggerated earlier about my reputations. Well, not the rumoured ones which are closer to the truth than not but what my parents are aware of. I don’t exactly flaunt my enjoyment of a man’s company. I believe that they believe I’m just very into drinking with friends, perhaps card games, and sleeping with women.” That was all true but he was also sleeping with some of his male friends. His parents never questioned too deeply his little private parties he threw at random and Yfris hoped to keep it that way.

“Why would we need more than one fork?” Yfris looked at K’dar like he had grown a second head. It didn’t sound like it was a Weyr thing but perhaps that was one of the things weyrfolk believed of holders? What odd fellows! He really did have to pin K’dar down—in more ways than one—soon and learn more. At least that portion of the story for his father was true—he truly was interested in the mysterious Katila and the ways of the jungle dwellers and now the Weyrs. Entirely different worlds to what he had always known.

“I’m sure you’ll be peppered with questions throughout the meal when they aren’t boring us with Hold talk. My sister is visiting so she’s likely to be more interested in us than whatever father and Allondan discuss.” He was thankful to have Ristal and K’dar at this dinner. It would save him from his eyes glazing over as they went over the day’s work and any issues encountered. “And as long as you don’t mention how much you love me fucking you, you should avoid being banned and chased off.”

A glance at the sky showed the time was slipping by on them and Yfris sighed as he got to his feet. “We should start back or you’ll be included in another family tradition—lecturing me on responsibility.”

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

"Am I going to have to learn new card games to help with your story? You know I'm not that great at drinking." For some reason K'dar wasn't bothered at all by the thought of helping Yfris keep up this ruse with his family. It was probably because of the books, they always painted lords in a mysterious light, full of intrigue, adventure, and romance. So really he was just trying to participate in that fiction. He wondered for a moment if real weyrleaders had to deal with this sort of thing a lot in their interactions with the holds.

When Yfris questioned him about the forks he just shrugged, slightly embarrassed by his question. "I don't know! I'd just heard things... that sometimes the holdfolk would get so fancy they would have more than one fork with their meals." It seemed so obviously silly now. He should have known better. He tried to think of a few interesting stories about Katila in case anyone asked him about it, but then Yfris just had to make him turn bright red and sputter. "Wha- I wouldn't... I don't..."

K'dar was tempted to give his friend a shove, but considering how close to the cliff they were he didn't want to risk an accident. It wasn't that he loved it when Yfris fucked him, he just... enjoyed it enough that he had agreed to come visit the lordling and wouldn't have minded it if things led back that way again. He was still bright red as he stood up. "I'm not going to say anything about that. And if you want I can say that I made you stay out longer. You can say I kept asking questions about the ships or something."

Date of Birth
21.06.719, 25
Height
6'2
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, wavy

Threads

“That lie sounds far too close to responsibility to be believed. Alas, we’ll just have to walk and hope for the best. Tiberuth could also dramatically drop us off but we’ll save that for another time.” No sense using up all of their resources on the first outing. It would lose its effect the more they arrived on the massive bronze and Yfris did enjoy his dramatic flares where he could.

As they started walking, Yfris couldn’t help but tease his friend some more. “Have you ever fantasised about sex in a library? I can see you getting off to that. Surrounded by books, bent over a table… oh! You could try to read me a story as I take your sexy ass from behind. Hmm… note to self… move some books to my room for your next visit.” He grinned at K’dar, mostly still teasing but it did seem like something that could be fun to mess around with. If nothing else, maybe they could start experimenting after dinner. He slung an arm around K’dar’s shoulders, still smiling brightly as he casually tossed out, “we can start later with you giving me a blowjob in the library. We’ll make follow up plans from there.”

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

K'dar nodded as he followed along, knowing full well that Tiberuth would find such a dramatic entrance amusing. The longer they'd been here on the visit the more Tiber was beginning to like the little lordling that his rider had decided to befriend. For now, K'dar decided that was probably a good thing. It would be much easier to visit Yfris, or at least less of a hassle, if Tiber wasn't trying to fight him on the matter.

He shouldn't have been surprised when Yfris changed the subject, especially considering the subject. "I haven't thought about having sex in a library before..." but he was certainly thinking about it now. K'dar's face grew an increasingly deeper shade of red as he considered the options that the lordling presented him with. "But what if someone walks in and sees us?" he hissed, his voice soft and conspiratorial, worried that somewhere some stranger would pop up behind some rock just in time to hear them and be scandalized.

"If you wanted to give any of that a try..." what was he saying? As immensely embarrassing as the thought was he couldn't ignore the thrill that even just thinking and talking about it gave him. K'dar rubbed the back of his neck as he mumbled, "Yeah... we can start there... though I think you just made getting through dinner a lot harder."

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)