World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [P] 741.11.14 | The Spicier Brother
1pm | Zelana

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
T’ryn didn’t regret transferring to Telgar since it was for Syrendryth to be with his mate but he did miss having his siblings and friends within the same Weyr. He’d already grown accustomed to travelling to visit Cazan but it was still odd to be a visitor to Ista. But he did his best to spread his time out between his girlfriend, people in Ista, and Bedith—which was when he caught up on sleep and his own downtime. Today, however, was a social day as T’ryn and Syrendryth appeared above Ista Weyr.

They glided down, angling for A’tay’s weyr, figuring some brotherly bonding was in order. He hadn’t seen A’tay for a while and T’ryn had a bit of guilt for not crossing paths as much as they used to and wanted to see what the younger man had been up to the last few weeks. Setting down on the ledge, it became obvious that Xyxyth wasn’t home but that wasn’t too odd given how social the young dragon was and T’ryn hopped down, removed his riding gear, and invited himself in.

It was an unplanned visit but it seemed like his brother was home and cooking. He had no idea A’tay could cook—or maybe he couldn’t. It smelled like food but it didn’t seem like anything he’d had before and that intrigued T’ryn all the more as he wandered inside to see what it was or if A’tay had simply burnt the food.

“Hey, A’tay! Are you—” T’ryn froze when he saw a young woman in the kitchen. That most certainly wasn’t his brother. He looked around the room, suddenly afraid Syrendryth had pranked him and they landed on the ledge to a neighbour but no, he saw A’tay’s work area and the drawing B’jin had done for him hanging on the wall. So who was this and where was his brother? Another glance showed that A’tay wasn’t dashing out from the bedroom to greet him so he was clearly out with Xyxyth and trusted this woman enough to leave her alone in his home.

“Uh, hi. I’m T’ryn, A’tay’s brother,” which was probably obvious if she knew A’tay well enough given how much alike they looked but he was still trying to catch up on what he had walked in on—which meant manners were also slightly lacking as he blurted out, “and I have no idea who you are or if I’m interrupting anything.”

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
13.07.724, 20
Height
5'2"
Eyes
dark brown
Build
thin
Hair
black

Threads

Written By: BardlyThere
Zelana was taking a sip of the stew to see how the flavors were developing when she heard someone walking in from the ledge. She assumed it was A'tay and she couldn't wait for him to try the dish. It was so full of spice, with a variety of pickled and fresh vegetables tossed in to simmer and soak in all of the delicious broth that she'd gotten out of the beef bones. Stew was one of the big tests of Zelly's patience, but it would be worth it to share.

But that wasn't his voice. She turned around and blinked in confusion at the visitor and then grinned. He was clearly one of A'tay's brothers, and she was pleasantly surprised to see that cuteness ran in the family. "Oh, hello! I'm Zelana, but you can call me Zelly. I was just making some stew, he should be back..." her voice trailed off as she frowned. When was A'tay supposed to be back? She had assumed he would be back in time to try the stew, but he hadn't even been home when she let herself in. Hopefully he'd be back soon enough to help clean up. "Hopefully soon."

Zelly gave the stew another stir, added a pinch of salt, and took another sip before nodding. A'tay would hopefully love it as much as she did. She turned her attention to T'ryn and gave him a mischievous smile. "Would you like to try some? It's a bit spicy. Maybe you can tell me a bit more about yourself and your brother while we wait for him."

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

“Pleased to meet you,” T’ryn replied automatically and he was sure he meant it but he was still mostly confused. Her introduction did little to help him figure out who she was or why she was making stew in his brother’s weyr but she had to at least be a friend and T’ryn trusted A’tay’s judgement in people. “My visit is unannounced so no worries if he doesn’t show up soon.” It was odd that Zelana didn’t know when he would be back but he may have just been doing some official task or another and those didn’t always have solid timelines.

He wandered into the kitchen, far too curious about what she was making and that became the bigger mystery he was currently focused on. Taking the offered spoon, T’ryn skimmed it along the top, content to just try the broth, and gave it a light blow before sipping it. His eyes widened at the immediate burst of flavour but the enjoyment didn’t last as his tongue caught on fire and felt like it would burn right off. “Great, it’s great,” he muttered as he set the spoon on the counter and calmly looked around for something to drink.

The jug of something was spotted and T’ryn quickly moved around Zelly and poured what looked to be red juice into a glass and chugged it back. “I’m not sure how much talking you’ll get me to do if you have me try that again. I’m afraid I have to admit to having a pretty bland taste in food. I’m not even a fan of sweets and it drives everyone I know insane.” Maybe a few more tastes of that stew would build up a tolerance for the spice but T’ryn wasn’t sure he wanted to risk it and poured some more juice before leaning back against the counter.

“Anyway, I’m sure A’tay has already filled you in on our family and possibly life in Katila, so what would you like to know? I can start with the dragonrider basics; I’m nineteen and Impressed shortly after I turned twelve to the nuisance bronze sunning on the ledge. He also goes by Syrendryth.” He felt the dragon’s mental huff and smiled. They loved each other but it was fun to get a few jabs in sometimes, especially with how often he had to listen to the dragon talk down about nearly everyone they crossed paths with.

Date of Birth
13.07.724, 20
Height
5'2"
Eyes
dark brown
Build
thin
Hair
black

Threads

Zelly's lips twitched towards an amused smirk as she watched his reaction to the spice. At least he wasn't turning too red and wasn't at the point where he was fanning his mouth. Still, it was almost disappointing to hear he enjoyed a bland diet. "At least A'tay has good taste. Maybe you could try some of this with some rice it will help a bit with the heat. Just because you don't like sweet doesn't mean you can't enjoy a bit of spice."

She grabbed a bowl to put some rice and a smaller portion of stew than she normally would have put in with it. Zelly passed it over to T'ryn with a spoon. "Try that, maybe you'll like it better. You don't seem boring enough to really hate flavor." But what if he was? What if being boring was a tragic family curse? No, A'tay wasn't that boring. After all he was coming around to the idea of swimming lessons.

"Twelve huh? That seems young. I'm just a candidate right now, but one day hopefully I'll have a gold dragon." It would certainly be better than being a candidate and having to do so many chores. Sure she'd have to do a lot of work at first, but eventually she'd be able to relax with her dragon and they could both enjoy life. Zelana considered what sorts of questions she should ask and decided on something she doubted A'tay would tell her directly. "You're the brother who won a green flight in a library right? How many girlfriends has A'tay had? Has he won any interesting flights with Xy?"

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

T’ryn tried to protest that he didn’t need more of the stew but Zelana didn’t seem the type to let something like that stop her. He took the bowl and gave it a dubious look, wondering how the rice would help his tongue and nodded at her statement about his age. “Weyrbrats can Stand when they turn twelve. That was the first Hatching a friend and I stood at as well. One of my sisters Impressed then as well and that friend is kind of like a brother since our dads are mated.” It seemed that clutch had a fondness for his family. T’ryn was glad for that, thankful as always for Syrendryth.

He studied Zelana a moment as if he was a Search dragon and could determine if the woman could be a goldrider or not. His brief interactions with her so far left him believing she was determined enough to go for that gold dragon but she could also easily sit atop a green or even a blue. He felt that way about Mylorah as well but in T’ryn’s opinion, that was a good thing. It gave the women more of a chance to Impress—though being a goldrider would be an easier life than a female on a fighter from what he had seen so far. But his studying of her face did remind him of something, “you were at the Telgar Hatching! I think I saw you near my sister Mylorah during some of it.” Bedith’s cluthes were on the larger size so the Sands were always full of Candidates but T’ryn always searched for his family and friends standing out there so he could try to keep an eye on them in case things went bad or even for the happier occasion of Impressing.

With a sigh, he knew he couldn’t get away with avoiding the food any longer and took a spoonful of rice with a bit of stew. It surprisingly was a lot easier to handle but he still found himself choking when the questions came, having been caught off guard by how direct and to the point they were. He coughed once more and took a long drink of juice before chuckling. “Stew is better with the rice but still goes down rough with questions. I am that brother, no girlfriends, and they haven’t entered any Flights.” Given the direction of the questions, T’ryn was starting to figure out why Zelly was hanging out in A’tay’s kitchen while he wasn’t home.

Date of Birth
13.07.724, 20
Height
5'2"
Eyes
dark brown
Build
thin
Hair
black

Threads

"Ooh, that seems lucky then if it was your first one. I've only stood at one hatching so far." Zelly tilted her head at the recognition, wondering if she'd seen him there too while they were there. "Yes, I was there! Mylorah is really fun to hang out with, she's helped introduce me to some people since I was searched. I'm sorry that I don't remember seeing you there, so much was going on and there were so many people."

She turned her attention back to the stew and took a small sip. She wanted to add more spice, but with T'ryn possibly going to eat more of it she decided to hold off for the moment. It was a shame she hadn't found another spice friend to share her culinary adventures with, but at least he was cute. And now A'tay's shyness made a bit more sense. Zelly studied T'ryn for a moment, taking the opportunity to really inspect him and the skin tight pants he wore. What else did she remember about the brother? He had a girlfriend! She'd impressed while dressed up as a man.

Zelana decided to wait to flirt with him until after she'd managed to snag A'tay. Sure the weyrs had a reputation for openness, but it just seemed polite. Unless she could convince them into a fun little group activity... she realized she'd been staring a bit too long and gestured towards T'ryn's pants to ask, "Where did you get those pants? They are a delight. Maybe A'tay would wear something like that..."

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

He was extremely lucky to have Impressed at his first Hatching but considering the landslide that came hours later—it was sometimes hard to smile at the memory of the moment he felt the bond. He wouldn’t let that weigh him down right then either, nor did he point out Zelly’s first time Standing was for a clutch that Syrendryth sired. It seemed a bit too boastful and the excitement and fear that took over as the eggs cracked was extremely distracting. T’ryn didn’t mind not standing out during Hatchings and let Bedith and Mulrissa shine.

He took another bite, deciding it was pretty good after all, though he still felt the heat and wasn’t sure he’d seek out something spicy on his own, and glanced down at his pants. He was all for not standing out but it was hard to do with the leather pants he had put on that day. He liked showing off Cazan’s work and he was visiting her later that evening and T’ryn may have been oblivious to quite a few things but he had learned the power of the pants, especially on Cazan.

“My girlfriend made them,” he stated proudly with a smile. As someone without a craft or any real talent, he was constantly blown away by her talents. “Cazan of gold Malvayth. If you don’t Impress before it, they have their first Hatching in a few months. But she’s an absolutely amazing leatherworker and can make all types of items. She did these boots and my jacket I left with Syrendryth.” He’d have to remember to tell Cazan about Zelana and how well the pants were working as advertisement for her work.

“And I don’t think you’d ever see A’tay in anything like these pants. You’re probably aware of how shy he is and how he’s content to linger in the background. These pants would put too much attention on him.” The first time he wore them, T’ryn wondered if he had the confidence for them and could handle the looks and attention. Some positive re-enforcement from Cazan and Casa had helped show him the perks of the pants and now he wore them with ease. A’tay would likely not find that comfort level for years to come.

Date of Birth
13.07.724, 20
Height
5'2"
Eyes
dark brown
Build
thin
Hair
black

Threads

"Oh really?" Zelly was quite a bit surprised to hear that it was the girlfriend who had made the pants, and she wondered briefly if it was anything at all like her own fondness for cooking. Maybe Cazan liked to dress up in nice leather things and decided to make them herself. It was definitely too much work for Zelana to consider trying to do.

"Maybe one day I'll be able to order something from her. She certainly is talented." Talented enough that she was sure she couldn't afford to order anything herself. Not yet anyway. Maybe she could convince someone else to put in an order for her sometime. "A new pair of boots or a nice jacket would be a nice way to celebrate when I impress. Though maybe I can pull off a pair of pants like that too... I'll just have to save up."

She grinned at the mention of A'tay being so shy. "Oh I know he's a little shy, and he claims he's a boring boy, but we've been having fun despite that. We're going to start swimming lessons soon!" Zelly was still overjoyed about that particular project and how it was coming along. She just had to start it slow, make sure to keep A'tay calm, and soon enough she'd get him splashing about in the ocean with her.

Maybe they could even have a party to celebrate once he got the hang of it. Unless T'ryn also didn't know how to swim. Zelly gave him a concerned look. "You know how to swim right? If you don't then I could teach you too. Everyone should at least know how to swim."

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

“I’ll put in a good word for you and see if there’s a friends and family discount,” T’ryn smiled, slightly teasing but he also meant it. He didn’t want to make Cazan work for free and the more he thought about it, the more he realised he could pay the difference or even get her something. If she was a friend of A’tay’s, then she was a friend of his. He didn’t do much with his marks and buying gifts for friends was something he preferred to do instead of getting himself something he didn’t need. He’d have to ask A’tay to get her measurements sometime.

T’ryn chuckled at A’tay calling himself boring but it was the swimming lessons that had his eyes growing wide. “Really? That’s fantastic! He’s always said he was fine staying in the shallows or on the beach but I think a part of him wished he was out there a bit more with friends.” T’ryn hesitated, wondering how much more he should say and wondering what A’tay had told Zelly already. Being brothers and close in age, A’tay had often come to him with questions and fears knowing T’ryn wouldn’t share with others. But in this case, it seemed justified since his brother could also be a bit too timid and allow himself to be pushed further than he was comfortable with.

“I have no doubts that he will be an excellent student but he’s sometimes too eager to please so please promise me you won’t push him too hard.” If A’tay trusted this woman enough to give in and do lessons with her, then T’ryn trusted her as well but he was still the big brother and he was willing to bet Mylorah and K’dar and possibly even Casa would pull the same big sibling routine as well.

He went to scoop up some more rice and realised the bowl was already empty and he glanced to Zelana with a sheepish grin. “I guess I really did like it better with rice since I already devoured it. Thank you for sharing some of your creation with me.”

Date of Birth
13.07.724, 20
Height
5'2"
Eyes
dark brown
Build
thin
Hair
black

Threads

"Oh you don't have to try to get me a discount, but thank you!" Zelana gave the man a warm smile, pleased that he'd offered to get her a discount. Maybe after she'd whittled away a bit at A'tay she'd find out if his brother's girlfriend was as open to sharing as the other weyrfolk she'd met tended to be. Unless A'tay would be bothered by the thought; she'd noticed that even boys who were fine with sharing sometimes didn't like sharing with family. That was future Zelly's problem though. Present Zelly still had to get A'tay into the water. Possibly into bed, but that was a bonus prize; so far he was proving surprisingly entertaining even without that sort of fun.

Hopefully the fact that A'tay was an excellent student who was eager to please would eventually spill over into other fun sorts of lessons. Zelana gave a small wave at T'ryn's worries. "I'm not going to drown him or anything. My goal is for him to learn how to relax and have fun in the water with me when I visit the beach. Pushing too hard will just make it a boring chore or some sort of torture and that is the opposite of fun." She paused a moment as a thought occurred and added, "Unless he's into that sort of thing, but I don't think he is."

On the one hand that would explain his newly discovered fondness for spicy food, and his general tolerance of her pressuring and teasing. She turned back to T'ryn, taking his empty bowl and setting it to the side of the sink to be cleaned up later. "I'm glad that you like it! I'm going to be teaching this recipe to A'tay next if he likes it too."

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

T'ryn relaxed at the promise she didn't intend to drown his brother but just get him comfortable enough to enjoy splashing around. The relaxing didn't last long, however, as he raised an inquisitive brow at Zelana. "I don't believe he is." It was hard to imagine A'tay doing anything he had done and it wasn't even that extreme. Just some role playing with Casa and sneaking into places they shouldn't... perhaps it was a good thing he couldn't picture his brother doing things he had done with his sister. He had enough issues to work through as it was.

As the bowl vanished from his hands, T'ryn smiled at how happy Zelana seemed by his interest in the food and that she was going to teach A'tay as well. "It was excellent and if I wasn't wearing these pants, I may have asked for more." The downside to tight leather pants so far seemed to be the limited amount of food he could nibble on.

"So you're teaching him to swim and cook? I really have been out of touch with him lately." Mylorah likely knew. She had a way of getting details out of someone without any effort. She also lived in Ista still so she saw their brother regularly.

Date of Birth
13.07.724, 20
Height
5'2"
Eyes
dark brown
Build
thin
Hair
black

Threads

"You could always take the pants off," Zelly spoke before she could remind herself that she was trying not to flirt with A'tay's brother right this instant. It was fine though, she could recover. "But then you might have trouble getting them back on if you kept eating." There was another firm reminder that she was not going to flirt with the older brother right now so instead of commenting on how that wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing she refocused on the lessons.

"I was so surprised when I convince him to try spicy food. He likes it as much as I do!" She grinned. "He was curious about what other things worked well with the spices I had, and now I'm teaching him. He might be planning on having a big dinner sometime once he's more comfortable with some dishes."

Zelly glanced back down at T'ryn's pants and decided to move to sit down at the table where it was harder to get a good view at the tight leather. She fidgeted a bit with the charms dangling off of one of her bracelets. "So you're his older brother. What else can you tell me about A'tay that he might be too shy to just tell me on his own? If I wanted to try to get him a gift what would you recommend? Any fun embarrassing stories? Bonus points if I can safely tease him without him just running away."

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

T'ryn laughed at the suggestion of removing his pants, completely missing any flirtatious meaning behind it. "I am much improved in getting them on and off though you should have seen the first few attempts. I was struggling so much I could have been mistaken for a fish out of water!" He didn't want to think about the added issues weight gain, even temporary from a good meal, would bring.

"A'tay is as curious as I am so it's not surprising that he wanted to try out spicy food and then learn to cook it. I'm actually really happy he's found something that sparks passion in him." Even better was that it could be done with a friend. T'ryn loved the woodworking his brother did but it was a very solitary activity and made it easier for A'tay to hide away and work on it alone.

Leaning his backside against the counter and crossing his legs at the ankles, T'ryn took a moment to consider the next flurry of questions and hopes. It was hard to think of anything and T'ryn chuckled again and shook his head in shame. "Unfortunately, I'm the one plagued with embarrassing stories. I'm having trouble thinking of even one for A'tay. He is superstitious, though. Ask him about the necklace he never seems to take off as a small example of that--though I guess that's more of a cute story than something like how he won't walk under ladders or tell his wishes because they won't come true. And growing up in a jungle with supplies we couldn't waste had us giving a lot of silly gifts made from nature so we're kind of frustrating to buy for because we're still not used to having more than is needed."

He thought about what else he could safely say that wouldn't upset A'tay and finally rattled off some mundane facts about him, ending with his Impression. "And did he tell you about the scars on his hand? They healed well so they aren't too visible now but just before Xyxyth hatched, another bronze ran up to him and gave his hand a chomp before dashing off. He was terrified he would lose feeling in it and not be able to wood work again. He sometimes still has issues with twitching that he might hide from embarrassment."

Date of Birth
13.07.724, 20
Height
5'2"
Eyes
dark brown
Build
thin
Hair
black

Threads

Zelana laughed along with T'ryn, though she made a mental note that resistance to flirtation seemed to run in the family. Hearing the man describe his early struggles with the pants did make her a bit torn on if she wanted to see A'tay in them, however. On the one hand, she was sure they would look good; but on the other, she wasn't sure she was patient enough to for the struggle to remove them. Though she could always offer to help. Maybe she'd offer to be a bit more helpful once they started swimming lessons.

"Hm. I suppose I'll just have to keep feeding him spicy things and encouraging him to have more fun then until I can figure out a better gift. I'm sure I'll think of something he'll like." She drummed her finger tips on the tabletop thoughtfully. It was just another little piece of the puzzle her boring boy was presenting. "So he's difficult to gift, doesn't have many silly stories... I suppose I'll just have to help him make a few stories then." She made a mental note to ask about the necklace and any other superstitions he believed in. If she was lucky she might even be able to use for the swimming lessons.

Zelly gasped softly at the story of the bite. "He was bitten? I'm glad he was able to recover properly. And glad that he ended up with a sweetheart like Xy. I don't think Xy would bite anyone who didn't deserve it." She paused, thinking over the only hatching she'd been to. She'd heard that things happened, but she'd gotten through unscathed. "Hopefully I don't get bitten or trampled before I can impress."

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

If there was anyone who would be able to pull A'tay put of his timidness and toss him into something crazy, T'ryn believed it would be Zelana. He barely knew her but she gave off the same vibes as Mylorah with how outgoing and chatty she was. As long as she didn't push him too far too fast but even that, T'ryn was confident she would know his boundaries.

The concern she had for A'tay hearing about something in the past helped him believe that. Although, there was a chance it served as a reminder to what could happen to her, like her next statement suggested but T'ryn was determined to see the good and his brother and Xyxyth clearly saw it as well.

"That Hatching you attended was one that Syrendryth sired. Probably why you didn't see me. I'm easily overlooked when a giant bronze and gold are surrounding me." He was relieved this Hatching had gone fairly well considering their track record started off with death and a lot of injuries. It was probably best to not go into detail and scare Zelana from Standing entirely but it was always good to remember the chances. "It's unlikely you'll be bit or trampled but some injuries usually happen from excitable hatchlings. Mylorah is pretty great at keeping a cool head at Hatchings so stay near her and she'll be an added level of protection. She actually jumped in front of A'tay when Xyxyth went charging for him. She worried he was going to be mauled again and put herself in danger instead." He was still blown away by that and clearly wasn't over how proud he was. Sometimes he wondered if he would have reacted as quickly or in that manner.

Date of Birth
13.07.724, 20
Height
5'2"
Eyes
dark brown
Build
thin
Hair
black

Threads

"Oh! Well they looked like good little baby dragons, so I'm sure Syrendryth is proud. Hopefully when I impress mine doesn't grow to be quite so massive. I feel like it would be harder for her to fit in places with me if she was that large." Zelana had seen the much more petite Thallyath and she hoped her gold would be similarly petite. She also suspected it would be much easier to keep a smaller dragon oiled.

Zelly listened a bit more about the sister and nodded. "I will have to make sure I stick close to her then. It's not that I'm afraid... I just know it's a thing that could happen. They tell us in class often enough about things that go wrong. If she has so much experience though, then it might just be safer to be near her. She'll probably be better at spotting trouble."

Now she just had to hope that the sister wouldn't be so good at spotting trouble or the sort of protective that would make her a problem. It wouldn't be the first time a concerned family member tried to shoo her away from one of her playmates after all. From what she remembered of Mylorah though, she didn't think it would really be a problem. And if it was she'd just have to teach A'tay to be a bit sneakier, assuming she'd gotten far enough to be able to convince him to be sneaky by then.

She gave the door a quick check, wondering when said boring boy would join them. "I almost wonder if we should play some sort of trick for him to walk in on when he gets back."

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

T'ryn raised a brow at Zelly's pondering. "I'm not sure what you have in mind but he's not big on being tricked or surprised." A'tay would beat himself up far too much if he felt like he had been played for a fool. Not that T'ryn even had an idea of where to begin setting up some sort of trick. Move his furniture around? If anything involved them personally, how long would they have to be in place? "Besides, you weren't sure when he was supposed to be back anyway. I think the biggest trick will be knowing I was here and he missed seeing me."

He didn't mind waiting for his brother's return or continuing to chat with Zelana but he had a few more people he needed to pop in on and he could always return for a quick visit before he left Ista. "I should head out, visit a sister or two, maybe pop by here once more before going to see my girlfriend. I also feel like I interrupted your cooking and should let you get back to it."

He pushed off the counter and started heading toward the ledge when he paused and waved for Zelly to follow. "He's grumpy and probably won't talk to you but come and meet Syrendryth. You can check out the leather jacket Cazan made as well."

Date of Birth
13.07.724, 20
Height
5'2"
Eyes
dark brown
Build
thin
Hair
black

Threads

She supposed it made sense that T'ryn wouldn't be so interested in pranking his brother when he seemed the protective sort. At least Zelly had gotten a bit more insight into A'tay and his family during this little surprise visit. "Ah then I will just have to let him know you stopped by when he gets back. And I'll tell him you liked the stew and that it wasn't too spicy when you added rice to it."

The invitation to meet Syrendryth had her quickly abandoning the kitchen, grinning as she went to follow T'ryn. "It's fine if he doesn't talk to me, really so far only Xy does." That only made A'tay and his dragon a bit more special in Zelana's opinion. Though it was hard to argue that any dragon wasn't, she realized, when she was up close to such an enormous creature. "He is very impressive, especially up close!" She gave the dragon a quick wave as she introduced herself, even though she didn't expect a response back this time. "Hello, I'm Zelana."

It was very easy to see how she didn't remember seeing T'ryn at the hatching in comparison and once again she found herself silently hoping that when she impressed hers stayed on the smaller side. Zelly allowed T'ryn to take steal her attention back with the rather nice jacket he had. She would definitely have to try to get one of her own sometime when she had the marks for it and was quick to praise the item and his girlfriend's skill. If she kept buttering him up, then hopefully that discount would stick. "Maybe you and your girlfriend can visit sometime and I can help A'tay make dinner."

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

Syrendryth eyed the woman as she approached, taking her measure for himself instead of relying on T’ryn. She was polite and flattered him nicely but she didn’t impress him enough to bother conversing with. She did, however, earn a nod in greeting mostly for T’ryn’s benefit. He could always make his snide comments about her later on.

“He’s my grumpy boy and honestly, it feels like most bronze and brown dragons like to avoid talking to anyone not their rider. You’ll find some blues and greens to be ridiculously chatty and then you’ll sometimes find yourself wishing for the silence.” Growing up with dragons such as Grith, T’ryn was used to loud dragons and found that after he Impressed, most seemed to rein it in out of respect. It was both nice but odd. It was hard to think of it in reverse and how it would feel for someone like Zelly being Searched and then having nearly every dragon stay silent.

T’ryn held the jacket out for Zelana to try on so she could fully experience the craftsmanship with how well designed and perfect it was. He may have been a foot taller than her but he wasn’t the most muscular of men roaming the Weyrs and he doubted Zelana would be swimming in his clothing. “I will definitely take you up on that dinner invite but it will have to wait a few more months. Malvayth surprised us and Flew early. I would love to say I hope you come Stand for her clutch but Fort has a rule where women have to train at Healer Hall for a year or so before they can Stand. Mylo has stopped going to their Hatchings now as she has no interest in being a healer.”

Date of Birth
13.07.724, 20
Height
5'2"
Eyes
dark brown
Build
thin
Hair
black

Threads

Zelly didn't really mind the silence, it was much more normal than hearing another voice in her head after all. "Well hopefully despite all his grumpiness he lets you have fun sometimes." That was something she wasn't worried about at all for her future dragon. There was no way she'd get a grumpy cock block. She couldn't imagine that working out at all for them, and the dragons chose their riders because they thought they would be a good match. At least that was how she thought it worked.

"I am going to become quite jealous of this jacket." After a few experimental twirls and twists she took off the jacket to return. It wouldn't do to try to steal a boyfriend's jacket if they weren't her boyfriend after all. And besides, the easiest clothes to steal were comfortable shirts and sweaters, not finely made leather jackets. She frowned at the mention of the Healer training."Well that doesn't sound like fun at all. I suppose I won't see you then, but I will make sure A'tay is up for the task of cooking by the time the hatching is done."

She gave T'ryn a quick hug, because it didn't matter that she wasn't at present conspiring anything towards him, hugs were still fun. "Well it was good to meet you! I won't keep you any longer, and I have to add a few more spices to the stew. I'll let A'tay know you stopped by!"

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)