World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [P] 740.9.16 | Familiarity
2pm | L'gan

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
P'rin was a worrier. He'd been that way since the first dragon went between all those years ago, before the self-imposed exile and isolation for so many long years. Far too many friends and family lost to accident and illness for him to be at all willing to just "wait and see" if he thought even something minor was wrong with one of his children or dragon.

This time, the patient was the dragon, "I don't care if you think it'll be ok, Davrath. You admitted yourself that it hurts, we're going to get your shoulder checked out." He had a take no argument tone that earned a much put upon sigh from the bronze, "And no, I'm not going to ride you there and you are not going to fly!" The pair made their way across the long walk from their weyr to the infirmary.

"We need some help out here." P'rin bellowed the call of one rider to another in flight, resting a hand on the coppery bronze's left foreleg. And, of course, he just expected someone to drop everything and come running, "Injured dragon!"

It's not as bad as you're making it sound, you know... Seriously. It was just a little sprain that gave him a slight twinge when first taking off. If he'd been thinking, he would have denied that anything was wrong at all. The only problem with that was that P'rn knew him too well and knew that there was something wrong. So now, the poor bronze had to suffer through a trip to see the healers with a rider that was worried about nothing!

PA - First Post!

L'gan
of Green Semath

Date of Birth
03.01.712, 33
Height
5'9
Eyes
Stormy grey
Build
Slight
Hair
Dark brown, curly

Threads

Written By: ValGal9
Absorbed in mixing a supplement to try to help strengthen the weyrlings’ bones, L’gan almost didn’t hear the first bellow for aid, but it was impossible to miss the second. He made a careful notation of where he was in the recipe, then joined the group hurrying out to see what was going on. For all the noise the rider was making, their dragon was shockingly quiet.

The healer stepped around an attendant who had stopped short in front of him, heading towards the upset rider. As he walked he glanced over the dragon for any obvious wounds. The way the man was carrying on, they’d expected broken limbs or torn wing membranes, but L’gan didn’t see either, and the bronze’s eyes also seemed fine.

Still, perhaps it was an internal injury or a stomach problem. The bronze was older than most he’d encountered, and he wracked his brain for a name. Davrath and… “Bronzerider P’rin. What seems to be the problem?” He gestured for Davrath to lower himself so L’gan could get a better look. Was it just him, or did the bronze seem embarrassed?

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"He says he's experiencing pain during takeoff." P'rin ignored his dragon's apologetic wilt to explain the problem. A problem that really did not need all of the theatrics the aged rider seemed to deem necessary. He didn't even seem to really see who it was that came out to see what the so-called injury was.

It really is not that bad... Mine is just a worrier. Davrath included L'gan in his comment, He worries about every sniffle and itch these days. His tone implied that he hoped his rider would get over it sooner rather than later and that everything would go back to normal.

P'rin scowled up at the coppery bronze, "I do not worry." Beat, "Well, maybe I do worry, but I want you healthy so we can stick around long enough to do what we were born to do." It's only then that he actually looked at the healer that came to help him. He stopped as though slapped and blinked, several times, "Laniced?" The normally gruff sounding rider sounded a little uncertain.

PA - First Post!

L'gan
of Green Semath

Date of Birth
03.01.712, 33
Height
5'9
Eyes
Stormy grey
Build
Slight
Hair
Dark brown, curly

Threads

L’gan was used to relatives getting hysterical around ill or injured loved ones, and knowing firsthand the deep bond between dragons and their riders and its impact on emotion was willing to cut the bronze rider some slack. Since the bronze had included him in his apologetic statement, L’gan addressed the dragon directly. “Let’s take a look anyway, since you’re here. Where is it hurting when you take off, Davrath? Your wings, shoulders, or back?” He stepped up onto a stool brought by an assistant so he could easily examine the wing joints and confirm without climbing all over.

“It sounds like a strain, and not anything worse. I don’t normally condone lazy dropping from heights, but it would be the easiest way to rest the joint. And I can make up a salve to help with the ache in the meantime. As long as you’re careful about takeoffs it should heal up easily in a few days.” He smiled and patted the bronze’s neck, checking for any other issues while he had the dragon right there.

He heard the shock and uncertainty in P’rin’s voice even as the name sent a shiver up his own spine. He stepped down off the stool and shook his head slightly. “L’gan of Semath,” he corrected, adding, “Laniced—L’ced of Gemith was my father.” He guided the rider to sit on the stool just in case he fell over. “They went between when I was very young. I take it you knew him?”

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I tried to tell him that... The bronze rumbled a sigh and gave his rider a smug look, The discomfort is in my left shoulder at the wing. Permission to be lazy had Davrath brightening and he turned to nuzzle at P'rin's chest, See? I told you that everything would be okay. It is not serious and will be better in a few days. Other than maybe a little arthritis, Davrath was a very healthy dragon, especially for a bronze his age.

"Your father..." P'rin shook his head, almost in wonder, a deep sadness washing over him, "The plague?" He shook his head again. So many lost all those years ago... He let himself be guided to the stool, "I guess that'd make me your grandfather." He sighed, lines of regret creasing his face, "I'm sorry I wasn't there for you, L'gan. I should have been." The young man probably had it better staying North, though. Far too many of his kids didn't make it back. He chuckled mirthlessly, "You've got an aunt, a couple uncles, and a cousin around here, somewhere."

The old man sighed and looked up at the healer, "You've got my apology for abandoning you and your family." He quirked a faint smirk, "And my thanks for checking Davrath over and putting up with an old man's hysterics."

PA - First Post!

L'gan
of Green Semath

Date of Birth
03.01.712, 33
Height
5'9
Eyes
Stormy grey
Build
Slight
Hair
Dark brown, curly

Threads

“I’m afraid so,” he replied when asked if it was the Plague. “I was too young to really remember it though.” Hearing their relationship stated so matter-of-factory was a little jarring, but L’gan let out a breath. “It’s alright,” he said after a moment. “Like I said, I was too young to notice overmuch. My mother never mentioned much about my father’s family; she knew you were a bronzerider but not much else, I suppose.”

The idea of unmet uncles and aunts and other relatives floating around teased a smile from his lips. He’d never been particularly close with any of his half siblings and they’d all grown further apart in the turns since. But it was reassuring to know P’rin had managed to reconnect with his children and grandchildren, even if L’gan wouldn’t know any of them from the next person to walk past.

“You don’t need to apologize. Those days and turns after the plague were chaotic and messy for everyone. I’ve long since outgrown any feelings of resentment at abandonment,” L’gan smiled to sweeten the words. “But I’m glad to get to know you both now.”

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)