World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] [EVENT] 740.06.18 | A Moment of Insecurity
4 PM | C’dhin

Sh'ran
of Blue Dyoricath

Date of Birth
19.01.717, 28
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Dark hazel
Build
Pretty boy
Hair
Ashy blonde hair that is almost always straight. He used to keep it a bit longer, but clips it shorter after moving to the Weyr.

Threads

Written By: Zandelion
It wasn’t terribly unusual for Misha to invade the weyrs or rooms of his friends, showing up with little warning — he had no firelizard of his own, after all, and no dragon yet either — and inviting himself to hang out with them once they’d opened their doors. Some people got visits more than others, due to things like proximity and tolerance of Misharan’s shenanigans. C’dhin was one of his favorite friends to drop in on, as he was in an easy to reach part of Telgar, he had a rather high Misha tolerance level, and Misharan almost always ended up with at least one beautifully baked treat or another.

So it was C’dhin whose schedule he’d decided to insinuate himself into that afternoon, dropping by a few hours after lunch, greeting his friend with a hug before peeking into the kitchen to say if anything tasty was in the making. There was, of course, but it wasn't done yet, but that was fine. Misha was perfectly happy to let C’dhin continue with whatever baking miracles he did and do the bulk of the talking. Mostly he told random stories of things he’d done recently or shared gossip he’d heard from this or that person or even commented on the weather (it had been nice recently, that kind of early summer before it turned grossly hot), letting C’dhin chime in as he felt like contributing.

There was a story Misha told, something silly about some situation a Candidate friend of his had gotten into — the young man was Searched, like Misharan, but hadn't been in the Weyrs nearly as long and still sometimes found himself bowled over by some new fact about weyrlife that had him making the silliest stunned faces — but in the telling of it he'd listed a few of the people involved, and one of the people there reminded Misha of another story, though a much less enjoyable one. He finished his tale, ending in the complete embarrassment of his Searched friend in front of at least twelve people, before trailing off, his thoughts going down the detour it had stumbled upon.

There had been something one of those twelve people had said, not at the time of the story but a few days later, that had stuck wth Misharan, catching on him like a thorn. Luthan had called him annoying, and not in the friendly ‘you're a pain in my ass but I love you anyway' fashion, but like he actually meant it. Like he thought the way Misha acted was irritating and he didn’t want to be around it. And Misha hadn’t expected it all, he’d genuinely thought he and Luthan were friends. The other Candidate was clever and funny and spent a lot of time in the same social circles as Misharan. He and Misha bantered sometimes, and Misharan always thought it was in good fun. Had he read the other Candidate so poorly? Was he reading everyone poorly? Did everyone think he was obnoxious and secretly wished he would just go away? Misha liked to think he did what he wanted and fuck everyone else, but he really did want people to like him. If people thought he was annoying, did his friends just tolerate him? Mylorah he knew actually liked him, and Kordiavis, but with a lot of his friends he’d just kind of enthusiastically invited himself into their lives and what if they were just sort of tolerating him? What if when he stopped by to spend time with them they just wanted him to leave? Did C'dhin want him to leave?

“I’m not annoying, am I?” Misharan asked suddenly, turning to frown at C’dhin. “Like, you like me, right?” C’dhin was nice and would probably let him hang around even if he didn’t like Misha, but he was also almost certainly the kind of nice that if you directly asked him if he liked you he would actually tell the truth. Which Misharan really wanted right then. C’dhin couldn’t think he was obnoxious to spend time with, he let Misharan visit all the time and had for months, but what if? Misha had to be sure.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

C'dhin
of Green Coroth

Date of Birth
09.02.708, 31
Height
6'0
Eyes
Pale Green
Build
Cuddly
Hair
Dark blonde

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
Like any good pastry chef, C'dhin was never satisfied. Even if everyone loved what he made and he was even pleased with it, there was always room for improvement and tweaking would be done. His chocolate chip cookie recipe was currently undergoing that treatment and that was what he had been spending his afternoon on when Misharan came by. Sometimes he worried that everyone thought all he did was bake and while it was close to the truth, he did do other things. He tended to Coroth, he spent time with his daughter, he helped with chores around the Weyr, and he stared at the ceiling in his bedroom when he was exhausted from work but his mind was still running.When he thought of it that way, it seemed baking really was his only hobby and other than the ceiling-staring, his only activity that he often did alone.

Not that he minded company or even training someone from time to time. Misharan's visit was a nice surprise and C'dhin enjoyed the stories his friend was sharing. Despite being a greenrider and assisting with chores, he really wasn't that well-connected when it came to gossip or the general going-ons of the Weyr. Misharan definitely was; the man was popular and outgoing and even if he wasn't there when the good stuff happened, someone probably told him within hours of it happening.

When the story came to a close, C'dhin was taking the tray of cookies out of the oven. He didn't quite catch on right away when the silence hit, figuring Misharan was taking a long drink after so much talking, but when he turned to place the tray on the counter--away from Misharan so his guest wouldn't try to take one too early and burn himself-- he saw that wasn't the case and returned the frown. "What? Why would you think that? I mean, why would you think you're annoying, not why would you think I like you because I want you to think I like you, because I do like you, I mean." Some days he wished he didn't get so tongue tied. He was a master at talking endlessly but when he decided he wasn't coming across clear, he spoke in circles that just made a bigger mess.

Setting the towel down beside the tray, C'dhin adopted one of his usual poses of a finger tapping his nose while he studied Misharan like he was a recipe that wasn't quite working right. "I honestly can't think of anything that I would consider annoying. You like talking as much as I do and get that there's always something to talk about so it's never boring when you're around. You also give the best reactions when you try my baking which encourages me to keep at it. You're also cool with Ms Sassy Pants and her blinding green hide. What more can I ask for?"

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Sh'ran
of Blue Dyoricath

Date of Birth
19.01.717, 28
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Dark hazel
Build
Pretty boy
Hair
Ashy blonde hair that is almost always straight. He used to keep it a bit longer, but clips it shorter after moving to the Weyr.

Threads

Misha managed a small smile in response to C’dhin. He rather liked the man’s tendency to ramble in circles; it meant he wasn’t overthinking the things he said before he said them, only after he said them. Made it easier to be sure of how he felt, and Misha felt he could trust him when he said he did in fact like him.

“Thank you,” he said, “but it’s something stupid, don’t worry about it. I appreciate the reassurance, but it’s nothing important.” Misharan sighed, looking past C’dhin for a moment before looking back and continuing. “I just remembered this one guy told me I was annoying recently, but whatever. Who cares, right? Fuck him.” He paused again, eyeing the cookies that were cooling on the tray. They looked amazing and he wanted one. With a sigh, figuring the cookies were not open for nibbles yet, Misha turned back to C’dhin.

“I dunno, I just thought I was better at identifying when someone actually likes me and when they just tolerate me cause they want to get laid or whatever, but I guess not.” Misha frowned at the cookies. “It’s fine, I don’t care, whatever.” He looked back at C’dhin once again.

“Really, though, thank you. It means a lot.” It made him feel nice that C’dhin appreciated him, liked him, and his theatrical responses to delicious food that usually was along the lines of frankly obscene noises and exclaiming garbled praise through a mouthful of baking. And Coroth was great fun, who wouldn’t like her? Maybe it meant more that Coroth liked him? That was nice, being liked by a dragon was always cool. Way better than being liked by some random Candidate who apparently can’t appreciate the amazingness that Misharan embodied. Honestly, fuck that guy.

C'dhin
of Green Coroth

Date of Birth
09.02.708, 31
Height
6'0
Eyes
Pale Green
Build
Cuddly
Hair
Dark blonde

Threads

C’dhin continued to study Misharan, not fully believing the man when he said he was fine with someone finding him annoying. At least he seemed to believe not everyone felt that way and C’dhin smiled when he was thanked for only speaking the truth. “I dunno, that guy doesn’t sound like someone I’d want to fuck,” of course he knew Misharan wasn’t being literal with the phrase but C’dhin liked seeing the Candidate smile and a little joking around to help lighten the mood once more wouldn’t hurt.

“Anyway, you’re gonna find people that are like that and it’s gonna suck when you realise they were only around for the sex or the baking, you know, things you can provide them for nothing really in exchange, but they’re not worth giving too much thought to after that moment of discovery.” He had found that over the years there would always be people looking to use him or get free food out of him or only see him as an easy piece of ass thanks to Coroth’s hide, but he let it go a lot easier than he once did.

“You learn to categorize people as actual friends that want to be around you or acquaintances that you might have something in common with but you don’t need to invest more of yourself into those moments.” Was that harsh? Maybe a little and C’dhin frowned to himself as he put another sheet of cookies in the oven. He normally wasn’t a pessimistic sort of guy but reality could be harsh and he had adapted in order to keep his optimism alive as well as he could.

Turning back to the other sheet, C’dhin tapped a cookie with a finger, finding it was still a bit on the hot side to fully enjoy. Still, he removed it and set it on the counter in front of Misharan, knowing the man’s willpower would cave soon anyway. “Still a tad too warm, so don’t burn your mouth,” C’dhin ordered as he smiled again and went back to removing the rest from the sheet so he could refill it with new scoops of dough.

Sh'ran
of Blue Dyoricath

Date of Birth
19.01.717, 28
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Dark hazel
Build
Pretty boy
Hair

Threads

“You’re right, he doesn’t, but I’ve been less discerning about bedmates before.” Misharan rolled his eyes and gave a self-deprecating shrug, but his smile made it clear he was joking too. It was true though, he’d had sex with people he’d known didn’t particular like has a person just because he felt like it, or he could. He hadn’t actually slept with Luthan, though they’d made out a few times and would almost certainly have gotten there if he hadn’t called Misha annoying and started this whole stupid situation.

He sighed heavily, watching C’dhin put the second tray of cookies in to bake. “Yeah, I know all that, and I agree with you, it’s just… I dunno, disappointing?” Misha trailed off, thinking. That was it, wasn’t it? That someone he’d thought — hoped? — was a friend, thought was funny and clever, was unable to appreciate him, or consider him a friend back. It was that fucker’s loss, not Misha’s, because Misha clearly wasn’t missing out on who he was, just missing out on who he’d thought he was. Whatever, he’d get over it soon enough.

Misha squeaked in delight when the cookie was set in front of him. “Totally worth it if I do,” he said, gently picking up the cookie and taking a small nibble. “It’s so good,” Misha moaned around another bite of melty chocolate cookie. After a few moments of being lost in the cookie Misha looked back over to C’dhin, suddenly serious again.

“I’m not only around for the sex or the baking, you know that, right?” Misharan said sincerely, putting the cookie back on the table. “I mean, I’m pretty sure you do, but I wanted to say it. Like, this cookie is to die for, but it’s not the main reason I’m here.”

C'dhin
of Green Coroth

Date of Birth
09.02.708, 31
Height
6'0
Eyes
Pale Green
Build
Cuddly
Hair
Dark blonde

Threads

C’dhin grinned at Misharan’s joy over getting a hot cookie and watched him from the corner of his eye to see the mere seconds of restraint crumble before temptation. The grin widened at the reaction and he mentally noted that his tweaking hadn’t made the cookie worse, which was a bonus. He’d try one himself soon but he wanted to finish prepping the tray and start washing up before he properly dissected the results.

“Hm? Of course I know.” The question caught him off guard, having thought they had already sorted out what he thought of Misharan and their interactions. His friend was in a bad head space and C’dhin was once more frowning over his shoulder at Misharan. What did he have to say to prove he had nothing to worry about when it came to him? He was pretty sure those that came to Misharan’s birthday party saw him the same way as they all flocked around the man and were always smiling, laughing, and hugging him. Being the oldest and sort of the outsider of that group, he was able to do a lot of watching that afternoon.

“First, let me point out something related back to the unfuckable asshole, it’s not you, it’s him. He’s missing out on someone great because he wants to be the star in every room that people gravitate to and hates that you shine brighter.” C’dhin had no idea who this other kid was or maybe he had met him before but hadn’t been left with any impression. No wonder he was cranky and felt the need to tear other people down. But he wasn’t lying or fluffing Misharan up for anything, just speaking the truth. It really was hard to ignore the Candidate when he walked into a room and not just because he could be on the louder side. He just had a fun personality that drew people in.

“Secondly, there’s something genuine about you that you don’t always find in other people and I’m glad you sought me out and enjoyed the sex enough to want to stick around for whatever else intrigued you. I can’t deny we have great chemistry, clothed or not, and I’m going to tell you a secret that might scare you away.” C’dhin finished scrapping the bowl, placing the last dollop of dough on the tray and pushed it aside so it would be out of the way when he turned his attention to cleaning, after he finished giving Misharan his full attention.

C’dhin leaned down on the counter, directly across from Misharan and stared at his friend until their gazes caught and he held it. “I wish for you to Impress, but not to green. It’s a rough life and you deserve better than what I have to put up with. I wish for you to Impress blue, maybe even a brown, and I wish that our dragons end up mated, not to save me from the jerks who usually win us but so I can have you in my life more than I already do. I know, kind of selfish of me but I wouldn’t expect us to end up mated because the dragons are, and I’d still share you with R’dal and Kordiavis—he’s especially hot so I’d encourage that honestly—and anyone else that wanted you in bed or over for dinner. You’re special, Misha and I’m happy you found something in me besides just sex and food to keep you interested in my pretty boring existence, though I like feeding you and having sex with you as well, so let’s not suddenly stop those because we’re trying to be better people or something.” Luckily he was great at babbling and not so much at the stopping himself. If he had more control over his mouth, he might never have confessed any of that and Misharan would still think something was wrong with him.

Of course now there was a chance he’d run from the honesty and wishes but he’d know he was special! C’dhin could live with that outcome if he had to since he doubted Coroth would ever find a mate anyway. He had once secretly hoped Coroth would take to Erinath. The dragons got along well enough and C’dhin enjoyed An’tell’s company when he popped by but the bronze pair seemed rather elusive and Coroth didn’t show any extra affection toward the bronze than she did with any other visitor. He supposed he should be thankful for her fussiness otherwise, his luck dictated he’d end up with one of the heavy hitters as a pseudo-mate.

Sh'ran
of Blue Dyoricath

Date of Birth
19.01.717, 28
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Dark hazel
Build
Pretty boy
Hair

Threads

Relief flooded through Misha at C’dhin’s confirmation that he knew Misharan liked him not just for what he did for him, but because he genuinely liked C’dhin. Good. Not that Misha was like, morally against using people in general, but he wasn’t using C’dhin and didn’t want to use C’dhin and was reassured that C’dhin understood that about him. Convinced he had nothing to worry about, Misharan picked his cookie back up and took another, delicious bite of it.

But C’dhin kept talking, and Misha slowly set the cookie back down as he listened. He couldn’t help blushing a little at the praise. Misharan would easily admit he was a bit full of himself and absolutely ate compliments up, but where was the harm in that? It was just nice to hear it from other people, proof Misha wasn’t making all of it up and was at least a little justified in his vanity.

And then C’dhin said something about scaring him away and Misha furrowed his brows in confusion. Scare him away? With what? What ‘secret’ could possibly scare him away? It wasn’t that he’d been lying about liking him, C’dhin wasn’t the sort to pull a move like that. He looked up at C’dhin to ask what he meant, only to find C’dhin had moved closer and was looking at him intently. Oh, okay. He really was serious, then.

It was nothing Misharan expected. Nothing at all. He stared at C’dhin, eyes wide in surprise. He what? He what? What the absolute actual fuck, did he mean all of that? Misha stared at C’dhin, trying to process everything he said. That was a number of levels above not finding him annoying, that was actively liking him. A lot. His stomach felt fluttery and warm and Misha kind of wanted to melt into a little puddle. The image C’dhin was presenting was nice, and Misharan didn’t think it was selfish at all — it wasn’t selfish to want to be happy, especially when the other person was enthusiastically into the idea too. He really was exceptionally fond of this man, and it was so very C’dhin of him to worry about wanting something if someone else didn’t.

With a start Misharan realized he’d been staring for too long, and C’dhin was waiting for a response. He might take his silence or his surprise as negatives, when they weren’t! Misha was just feeling so many things at once and needed a few moments for his racing thoughts to calm down enough to form coherent words. He opened his mouth to say something, anything, to reassure C’dhin that he hadn’t scared him off, that he was happy, but words still seemed to be beyond his capabilities. But C’dhin looked worried, and Misha didn’t want him to look worried, he had nothing to be worried about, but he wasn’t able to say anything to reassure him. Frustrated with his sudden loss of words, which were usually always there for him to form a cheeky response or snarky comeback, Misha went with the next best thing he could think of; leaning across the counter and kissing him, trying to put everything he wasn’t yet able to put into words in the kiss. One hand moved to the back of C’dhin’s head to pull him in closer, staying there until Misharan absolutely had to break the kiss to breathe.

“Do you really think it’s that easy to get rid of me?” he teased, though Misha’s heavy breathing as he tried to get more air made the words sound more serious than playful. “Doesn’t matter what color dragon I Impress, I’ll still want to be here.” And he meant it. Misharan found it easy to say he loved people — he would happily admit he loved all his close friends, and even though he was cautious using the word around some of them, he emphatically felt it all the same. No matter how often or how soon after getting to know someone he wanted to tell them he loved them, Misharan meant it just as much each time. In the moment Misha wasn’t sure how C’dhin would respond to him saying the word out loud — maybe a bit much for him? — but he thought it and he felt it, and as Misha caught his breath, beaming at C’dhin and leaning in to rest their foreheads together, he really hoped C’dhin could somehow feel that he was thinking it.

The half eaten cookie on the table, delicious as it was, had been completely forgotten.

C'dhin
of Green Coroth

Date of Birth
09.02.708, 31
Height
6'0
Eyes
Pale Green
Build
Cuddly
Hair
Dark blonde

Threads

Well then.

C'dhin decided he definitely hadn't scared Misharan away with his confession of wanting his dragon to find a mate and how he hoped his friend's future dragon would fill that role. It was a little fuzzy where Misharan stood when it came to the part about how they didn't need to be mates as well--and honestly, C'dhin really liked the Candidate but was he ready to settle down or just see someone a bit more than casual bed hopping dictated? He couldn't see Misharan settling down just yet either, so perhaps just enjoying what they did have was enough for them both for the time being.

"Pretty sure I just made you speechless," C'dhin laughed lightly as he rested his forehead against Misharan's, feeling his entire face heat up from the kissing more than embarrassment this time."Must be a small group of people that can do that." He loved Misharan's ability to constantly talk but if the result of making him speechless was getting some hot kissing action, perhaps he'd strive to make it happen again.

He was about to try again, or rather just go in for more kisses, when the current batch of cookies started to bake and give off their tantalizing aroma. They would need a few minutes more but he knew himself well enough that they'd be forgotten and burn if Misharan was the distraction. Biting his lip as he momentarily grappled with the major dilemma, C'dhin finally grabbed the forgotten cookie on the counter and lifted it to Misharan's mouth while pulling away from him.

"Hold that thought for like thirty seconds. Enjoy this as a substitute in the mean time," cookie successfully placed between teeth, C'dhin turned to his little stove with a glare at it, and set about removing the under-cooked cookies, placing their tray beside the one still to go in. Baking and cleaning had been bumped down his list of things to do that afternoon as the top item on the list became his friend.

"Now, you were saying something about how much you like being here? I'd say tell me more, but I'd much rather you show me." C'dhin grinned and didn't wait for Misharan's reply as he headed to his bedroom, the invitation to follow hopefully obvious enough.

Sh'ran
of Blue Dyoricath

Date of Birth
19.01.717, 28
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Dark hazel
Build
Pretty boy
Hair

Threads

Misharan laughed softly in agreement. He had been speechless, and there really were very few people who could do that. Very few people who could make him speechless in a good way, especially. His father had the ability to render Misha incapable of speech, but that wasn’t even slightly the same sort of thing. It was a good speechless, in C’dhin’s case. It was terribly flattering to hear someone wanted you more permanently in their life — which would happen if he were to Impress a dragon who became mates with Coroth — and Misharan was deeply fond of C’dhin. He wouldn’t necessarily say he was completely in love with him, at least not more than he was at least a little bit in love with almost everyone he liked, especially most of his close friends, like Kordiavis and even Mylorah, despite her being a girl, but definitely enough that he found the idea of a slightly more permanent arrangement appealing. It was comfortable and it was safe and he would have fewer random bouts of insecurity that C’dhin just tolerated him.

Misha gave C’dhin a confused look as he moved away, opening his mouth for the cookie without thinking about it. He pouted around the cookie as C’dhin turned away to do something with the still baking cookies. Misharan watched him take the not-quite-done looking cookies from the oven, carefully maneuvering the remaining cookie with his mouth so he could eat it without using his hands. By no one’s definition was Misharan a baker, but he knew what good cookies looked like, and the ones on the tray were not properly baked, and C’dhin was taking them out anyways. He felt a flare of pride at that, that C’dhin would put aside his baking, something that was very important to the greenrider, for him. Maybe it would have said even more if C’dhin had completely forgotten about the cookies and they burned, but this way the cookies were still edible and could be finished later and they didn’t get interrupted by the smell of smoke during something more interesting than just kissing.

He licked the remaining cookie crumbs off his lips as he watched C’dhin walk into the bedroom, waiting a few long moments — it took a good deal of restraint but it was worth it for the dramatic effect — before making his own way to C’dhin’s bedroom and eagerly resuming where they left off.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)