World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] 740.06.05 | Better the Second Time?
6 PM | T’ryn

Mulrissa
of Gold Bedith

Date of Birth
Height
5'7"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Hair
Dark brown, twists

Threads

Written By: Zandelion
It had been Mulrissa’s hope that Bedith would be the sort of gold who clutched maybe once every other turn, but as the sixth month approached it became clear that was not the case. Bedith was getting glowy and inordinately invested in bronzes again, and Rissa had to resign herself to the fact she would have to get through another Hatching.

And it seemed Bedith was developing a rather singular taste in bronzes (if twice could be considered a pattern, but it could easily become a pattern), though Mulrissa wasn’t sure that was a good plan on the gold’s part. Her last Clutch with Syrendryth went so well, after all. Only resulted in more deaths than any other singular Hatching since the Plague. She glanced over at T’ryn, who she had no problems with personally — he was friendly and considerate, the kind of bronzerider the Weyrs could use more of — but even a turn older he was still very young and barely older than Rissa’s own son. And their dragons had a bad track record with murderous children.

’Once’ does not a record make, and that had nothing to do with either of us, Bedith reminded her rider, something she had reiterated multiple times in the past few months. Sometimes hatchlings did poorly, that’s just how it went. It said nothing about either her or Syrendreth.

’Still, couldn’t you have picked someone else this time?’ Rissa asked with a sigh. She still couldn’t look certain people in the face after her dragon’s child had killed their family member, and now she would spend the next few months worrying it would happen again. It was going to be a difficult wait for this Hatching, even if had been a different bronze, but being Syrendreth again just made it worse.

I could have, yes. But I didn’t. The gold said primly. Bedith, in her flawless draconic logic, did not have nearly the same worries as her rider about how her Clutch may turn out — individual eggs were bad, not her, and not any bronze she flew with. And Syrendryth didn’t fawn over Okalinth like the brainless bronze oafs of Telgar. Rissa couldn’t help mentally rolling her eyes.

’Oh no, the bronzes are interested in the unmated senior queen of the Weyr, how unprecedented,’ she thought at her dragon, amused by Bedith’s exacting standards. Bedith grumbled some more about Okalinth and how wishy-washy she was, letting all these different dragons catch her — did she even have standards, Bedith wondered, because she would never allow some of those bronzes to catch her. Mulrissa was of the opinion she was just jealous Okalinth had gotten to them first. She’d rather liked Kovith, after all, until he’d caught Okalinth and it was like the older bronze no longer existed. But Bedith’s complaining about Okalinth’s many partners made a thought occur to Rissa and she almost sat bolt upright, but managed to reduce it to rolling over to look towards where the dragon ledge lay through a wall of rock. ’Bedith, you and Syrendreth aren’t going to be mates are you?’ she asked suddenly concerned she would be seeing a lot more of T’ryn (not that seeing him more was inherently bad! But the context of it…). Bedith snorted.

I do not believe I said that at all, she said, before continuing on about the flaws of Okalinth’s many suitors. She did, however, lean into the bronze she was rather fond of. Rissa frowned in the direction she knew her dragon to be in, still slightly suspicious, before sitting up with a sigh and turning to greet T’ryn.

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
T'ryn didn't want to move or even open his eyes. Something felt wrong about where he was and why he was already in bed. Someone moving around beside him helped with the suspicion since he had been very single for one very long turn. Syrendryth also felt very pleased with himself and T'ryn shivered a little from the remnants of pleasure the dragon still radiated with. Even with his groggy mind, he knew enough to put together the fact that not only did Syrendryth Chase for the third time, but he won for the second time.

Slowly, the events leading up to the Flight came back to him. They had just returned from bathing the large lump of bronze when the word came that Bedith would soon take to the sky, likely that day. They bickered about and of course he lost and found himself hanging out in Telgar. Besides, T'ryn had to admit to a small piece of him also wanted to prove they could win again and that it wasn't beginner's luck or other excuses he had heard some of the older bronzeriders toss out. He hated that small part of himself, though, since it made him feel like he was demeaning Mulrissa and treating her just as an object to win. Maybe that was part of why he let Syrendryth take control so easily--he didn't want to be a part of the Flight.

He was a part of the aftermath no matter what else happened and since his dragon was smug, T'ryn knew they had bested everyone again. Again, he hated thinking in such a way but the win would help show Syrendryth was a formidable opponent and maybe help their chases with leading a wing someday. Clearly he was a skilled flyer and could train others to be as graceful and cunning.

Another odd thing his addled mind jumped to was showing he could do things without N'mor. Sure, he technically Impressed before N'mor had but it was still at the same Hatching so it barely counted. But N'mor won the first gold Flight he entered and soon after T'ryn followed suit. Even his birthday was a month after N'mor's. N'mor was now mated first, though that wasn't entirely for lack of trying on his own part but T'ryn wondered if people were expecting him to come out with a mate now. He loved N'mor in his own way and maybe he was the only one that noticed all the similarities and compared them regularly, but he was happy to have stepped in another direction, even if it meant having to have awkward conversations with Mulrissa again because he didn't know how to interact with people and then deal with another Hatching that hopefully was a lot better than the first one.

He supposed he couldn't keep pretending to be out of it or it really would get awkward. Blinking the sleep from his eyes, T'ryn glanced around the room letting his eyes adjust before finally sitting up and giving a tiny shy smile to Mulrissa. "Hi," and then, because he couldn't help but tease himself and joke about the situation thanks to his nerves, "I need to work on keeping in touch with someone before sleeping with them again. A dinner before hand at the very least."

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Mulrissa
of Gold Bedith

Date of Birth
Height
5'7"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Hair
Dark brown, twists

Threads

Rissa smiled at T’ryn’s greeting, relieved he didn’t seem to be too overwhelmed. He’d definitely been a bit overwhelmed last turn, but there’d been an entire turn between then and now, and he was probably a bit more used to Flights or sex or both. Hopefully both.

“Hi,” she said, sitting up and grabbing the nearest blanket to throw around her shoulders — more because it was chilly for an early summer night than out of any real sense of modesty. “If Bedith keeps Flying in the late afternoon or evening, lunch may be a better option.” Dinner might not make it to being beforehand with Bedith. Not that Mulrissa really thought T’ryn meant it literally, but playing along seemed the best option. Though if Syrendryth was planning on chasing and was feeling confidant, who knew.

“Speaking of dinner though, I could do with some. I could probably get someone to bring something up if you wanted? Goldrider perks.” Rissa shrugged. More like she had a friend or two who would be amenable to helping her with dinner if Bedith asked them, considering she’d just had a Flight and all. Most people understood gold Flights to be intense for the rider, especially considering practically everyone at the Weyr could feel the Flight at least a little bit. Not that Mulrissa liked throwing her weight around ever, but she was tired and Bedith was lazy and content and she didn’t really want to have to go anywhere yet. Whether T’ryn wanted to stay or not was up to him. Rissa didn’t mind either option. She’d eat alone perfectly happily, and what she knew of T’ryn from last turn’s Flight and Hatching said he was decent company, if he always seemed a bit awkward about everything, so she wouldn’t complain either way. He may not want to have dinner in the weyr of the older goldrider he’d just slept with, and Rissa couldn’t blame him for that either.

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

"Lunch... I'll keep that in mind," T'ryn smiled, grateful that Mulrissa was being so chill about the whole thing and going along with his silliness. Not that he really expected anything else since she had been so level-headed the first time. The first time... he didn't even want to think about that as it brought up memories of how much of a mess he was and the mess he made with N'mor. It also pointed out with rather large signs that Mulrissa was now the proud owner of the title of the person T'ryn had slept with the most. As an eighteen year old weyrbrat turned bronzerider, that was probably a shocking statistic to everyone else. Even more shocking was the fact that he'd only had sex four times; twice from winning a Flight, once from post-Flight confusion mixed with too much wine, and once from accidentally drinking literal liquid courage with Casa.

But right, lunch... "I wouldn't want to further sway favourtism if we had lunch beforehand, though." Then again, it was a better way to spend the day instead of essentially camping out waiting for Bedith to Rise. Thankfully he had avoided R'nd and B'jin in that time. He knew those two would either make comments designed to embarrass him or just give him quiet looks that screamed they knew why he was there and what he was about to get up to. That really was a huge downside to Flights, win or lose.

"I'd be okay with dinner afterwards. I haven't had anything since breakfast since it's been a day all about Syrendryth with bathing and Flights, apparently. But I don't want to be a bother. I can go get us something." While he was pretty okay with someone waiting on them--mostly because he was wiped out and his limbs felt like wet noodles--T'ryn wasn't sure he really wanted someone coming to the weyr. Then again, why was he worried about one person seeing them together after the Flight when his suggestion would bring him right through the dining cavern and crossing paths with a lot more people? He blamed his dragon for not thinking clearly.

Or the fact that you're too kind.

I am n...fine. I'm kind and want to help. Still your fault I didn't think of the consequences.

She likely won't let you anyway. Stop worrying, especially since we're winners with nothing to be ashamed of.

Mulrissa
of Gold Bedith

Date of Birth
Height
5'7"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Hair
Dark brown, twists

Threads

The comment about favoritism made Mulrissa giggle a little, amused by the idea and feeling Bedith’s contempt at the idea of being influenced in picking a bronze by anything his rider did. “You having lunch with me is extraordinarily unlikely to sway Bedith at all. Unless it’s Syrendryth bringing the lunch, but I somehow don’t think that was the plan. As long as Syrendryth’s feeling confident, I don’t think it’s a problem.” She didn’t want to totally crush T’ryn’s self-esteem if Syrendryth didn’t win, but considering Bedith’s ideal of being the anti-Okalinth in all things including having many fewer partners, unless the bronze terribly offended her or she suddenly became utterly enamored with some other bronze, she was likely to choose Syrendryth again if he chased her.

“They really do claim entire days sometimes, don’t they? I’ve gotten absolutely nothing done today because I didn’t want to get interrupted by Bedith Flying in the middle of anything important or time sensitive. She got a very thorough oiling, though.” Rissa had spent an excessive amount of time oiling each area, and it was completely unnecessary but it had filled the time and Bedith had absolutely glowed. “Really, though, it’s no problem to get something brought up. I’ve had several people already offer to drop something off for me post-Flight the past few days. Who knows, there may be a feast just outside my door.” She laughed, and while she doubted anyone had brought anything the image was enjoyable. A quick request to Bedith to contact a friend who had made such an offer — the gold had no compunctions about bespeaking anyone she wanted something from — and Mulrissa had confirmation that at least some sort of food would be headed their way soon. Samara really was a dear and Rissa would absolutely have to do something soon to thank her.

“Really, it’s no bother. Besides, you’re stuck in Telgar until Bedith and Syrendryth decide they’ve had enough of each other, and you’re pleasant company so I don’t mind at all if you stay a little while.” Gracefully Mulrissa stood up, grabbing a blanket from the floor and wrapping it around her like a shawl as she walked over towards where her dress had ended up, slipping it on over her head and leaving no time for T’ryn to protest staying for dinner again.

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

“You’re pretty good company as well,” T’ryn confessed, a slight blush colouring his cheeks. It was nice being told he was pleasant company by someone he hadn’t grown up with and because Mulrissa was older, it felt extra nice. But he wasn’t lying. Thinking back on their usually brief interactions from the last Flight through Hatching time, it wasn’t bad. Yes, he had often been nervous about it every time they went to Telgar and he didn’t always know what to say but he always left smiling and happy he had gone to see the golden pair.

Being weyrbred, T’ryn was fairly confident he had seen all of his friends in the nude at some point in his life and nudity didn’t typically bother him but he still averted his eyes when Mulrissa stood up. It felt different knowing they just had sex and she was older and even more regal. How did she have such grace and confidence and portray it so effortlessly just by getting to her feet? The mysteries of women, he supposed. But getting dressed was a good idea since it was not only obvious neither of them was looking for another tumble in bed, but someone would be coming soon with food.

“I’m not sure how you don’t lose patience or get mad at losing a day or more of waiting around,” T’ryn slipped out of bed to make the dash to where his pants had been left. “At least with golds, their hides start shining enough to give you some notice so you can plan better for the Flight, but greens don’t seem to be quite as obvious.” He felt bad for greenriders having to try to make their own dash but not to pants, to somewhere secluded. B’jin had been in a class once when Larrikith flew and while T’ryn didn’t want to think about his dad having sex, it was funny seeing the men leave the room covered in ink. He recalled how he and N’mor peeked in the room afterwards and had a good laugh at the destruction the Flight had caused. Being caught up in Flights now, however, made such a scene not as funny.

“And because you wouldn’t let me fetch dinner, you have to let me help you tidy up.” T’ryn gave his best stern expression a shot but considering he was doing up his pants and still shirtless, it likely didn’t seem as impactful as he hoped--which was why it didn’t last long and turned into a soft laugh as he shook his head and went for his shirt. His good mood was a bit of a surprise and as he tucked his socks into his boots—he still felt a little overheated from the Flight and the cool stone felt nice on his bare feet—T’ryn had a sneaky suspicion that Syrendryth was pushing more of his own good mood onto his rider than he usually did. But since he was feeling that good mood now himself, T’ryn didn’t complain.

Mulrissa
of Gold Bedith

Date of Birth
Height
5'7"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Hair
Dark brown, twists

Threads

“That’s probably what keeps me from losing patience, because I’d rather be bored for a day or two than completely blindsided by a Flight. Imagine if Bedith decided to Fly when we weren’t at home. Would we be stuck there until the eggs hatched, or would we have to fly all the way home, no going between?” Rissa wondered how that might end up. Bedith, however, had no curiosity. It would never happen, because I’m not stupid enough to Fly when it might put the clutch at risk, Bedith said with disdain, clearly unamused at the idea she’d lose track of time and Rise away from home. Mulrissa shook her head in amusement.

“Never mind, Bedith says she’s far too reasonable to do anything like that. I, however, could very easily get caught unawares and end up somewhere unfortunately public or it could be on one of the nights my daughter stays over. No, I’ll take a few days of waiting over surprises.” She shrugged, sitting back down on the edge of her bed to survey the damage to the room. “Works out better for Syrendryth this way, in any case. Gives you more time to get to Telgar,” Mulrissa teased as she catalogued all the things out of place. Not a whole lot, frankly — a pillow had ended up over by the door, and a tapestry her children had gifted her at Turn’s End was slightly askew, in addition to all the sheets on the floor - which made her think that the worst of it was probably in the main room. Unfortunately, the main room had more breakable items in it, like drinkware, her small cabinet of alcohol, and her nice set of dining table and chairs.

She stood up, walking over to the door to pick up the pillow. Upon picking it up she gave it a quick once over, making sure it hadn’t gotten terribly dirty somehow, before throwing it back on the bed. “I think I’ll take you up on that, though maybe you shouldn’t make any promises before seeing the other room. Shall we take a look?” Mulrissa asked, opening the door and waving for T’ryn to follow her.

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

"Sometimes it isn't fun having such sensible dragons. Syrendryth insisted on us being here early and he is quite opinionated when he sees something foolish. Don't tell Casa, but he had a lot to say about her and Thallyath but you and Bedith seem to rank high on his list because he doesn't have much to say. Trust me; that's a good thing." He scrunched his nose and shot an irritated glance in the direction the dragons were curled up. Syrendryth avoided talking to humans if he could and sometimes was picky with dragons but he was never shy about judging others and sharing with T'ryn. It was nice visiting Mulrissa because it was a lot quieter in his head. And was any of that wise to say? Maybe he should follow his dragon's example and not talk so much.

It didn't seem like Mulrissa minded as she waved for him to join her in the main room, or she was just waiting to lecture him on manners after he had upheld his offer to clean.He winced when he saw the room and chuckled, "maybe you were right and I should have waited before offering. Too bad; you still have to deal with me getting in your way while I attempt to help. You can use this as a chance to rearrange the room and I won't even realise it because I can't remember exactly where everything goes." He was smiling as he headed over to a chair that had been knocked over and stood it upright. Did it actually go there? Would it stay there? He didn't know but he was serious in helping her move everything around if she wanted.

"I'd say a pack of wild animals got loose in here but it wouldn't be too far from the truth, would it? We do become rather animalistic when the dragons ride us but thankfully some have more control than others or I suspect there would be larger brawls during Flights and broken bones and chairs." He thought about the most random things sometimes when he was alone and reflecting on choices or thinking about the little details of how something worked. He grew up with Flights constantly happening around him but as a kid, he was also taught not to get too close and if they wanted to 'moth, then it was best to wait until the last second. He never thought about what happened between the Rise and the win until he started getting involved in them. Considering his only battle wounds seemed to come from Mulrissa during sex--he wasn't going to blush at the thought of claw marks on his back, damnit!-- T'ryn felt confident in the belief that he hung back more, perhaps like a predator waiting for his chance to strike and win than be a part of the wild pack.

Mulrissa
of Gold Bedith

Date of Birth
Height
5'7"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Hair
Dark brown, twists

Threads

“I shall endeavor to give Syrendryth as little to say about me as possible, then,” Rissa said with a laugh, making a quick inventory of where all the breakable items were. She had thankfully had enough foresight to have all but one cup packed away in the small wooden chest they came in, which was kept in a cabinet that no one seemed to have given a second thought or accidentally bumped into. Could be much worse.

She let T’ryn put the chairs back upright (she sort of remembered shoving someone into one of the chairs and knocking both over), and got him to help her straighten out the couch, which had gotten moved out of place by about a foot.

“At least no one pissed on the floor,” Mulrissa said with a wry smile as she went around the table pushing the chairs in. “Though really, I’m sure more people would get hurt if it was entirely us in charge. Even caught up in passion dragons are ultimately sensible creatures. As crazy as they may drive us sometimes,” she said, shooting a look at the stone wall Bedith lounged behind. Bedith snorted, lightly blocking her rider out in fake spite and making a show of being oh-so-tired and asleep. “It really is them in charge though, isn’t it? Or at least, Bedith certainly is. I can’t imagine a situation that would have me pushing someone into a chair, but it makes sense for her to do so. Or, well, kick a presumptuous suitor away but it’s sort of the same thing, in this case.” She shrugged, adjusting a runner she had on top of one of her cabinets that had been knocked askew.

Several minutes of cleaning later and there was a knock at the door. Mulrissa insisted T’ryn let her answer it —it was her friend bringing dinner, after all — and she gratefully accepted the tray Samara brought, and momentarily tolerated her teasing in appreciation for her help — “He’s cute, isn’t he? Don’t give me that look, Rissa, he’s older than all my children so I can say it” — before telling her goodnight and bringing the food to the newly set-to-rights dining table and getting out some silverware from one of her cabinets.

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

T’ryn fell quiet as he continued with righting the room, pondering what Mulrissa had said. No doubt she was right; the dragons were definitely the more serene part of the relationship and even in Flights were likely keeping their human in check. He knew some men reveled in the so-called loss of control and it seemed like some purposely played it up and acted more heavy-handed than others just because they could blame it on something else. People sucked sometimes. He chuckled softly to himself when Mulrissa went for the door as he realised he could hear the sexually awakened Casa in his head saying ‘people suck; and not in the good way.’ Maybe he was getting over all of his crushes, finally.

He pretended to look busy by adjusting the chairs one more time around the table so he wouldn’t look awkward just standing there like he was eavesdropping as the friends conversed but the awkwardness only increased as he could actually catch the conversation. Once more he was blushing thanks to the praise and he did his best to nonchalantly move around the table until his back was to the visitor so she wouldn’t see the effect she had on him. The comments also brought back the reminder that Mulrissa was older than him and probably closer to his father’s age. How old were her kids? T’ryn knew Chalris a bit and knew he was older than the other boy. Was he the oldest of Mulrissa’s kids? He felt that was true and the tension in his shoulders disappeared again. Flights, or maybe just Weyrs in general, were wild like that. He wasn’t sure how he’d handle ending up in bed for one reason or another with someone old enough to have children older than him. The age of the lover didn’t bother him but he had a feeling looking the kid in the eye afterward would be awkward.

Thankfully he was spared having to figure out why when Mulrissa brought the tray to the table. He was famished and everything looked so good! “Thanks for getting us dinner and letting me help clean, Mulrissa. I promise I won’t pester you all night and leave in a bit. I might as well get B’jin’s teasing over with and visit him and Dad while I’m here.” B’jin got way too much joy in teasing him and N’mor at any chance that presented itself. Maybe if he willingly showed up and proudly proclaimed Syrendryth’s success, it wouldn’t be too bad? B’jin would probably just tease him about having a bronzerider ego and how many other golds Syrendryth wanted or if he was mated now. That man was a handful.

As he spoke, T’ryn had assembled a plate of food from the offerings and dug in, accidentally moaning in delight with the first bite. He really was hungry! It was so good! “I sometimes miss Telgar’s cooks. Ista’s are great, of course! But some of them here excel at seasoning the meat. Maybe I’ll pop down to the kitchens before I go as well. Hm… might have to leave a note depending on the hour.” T’ryn decided he’d swipe paper from B’jin for payment of what his visit would bring.

“I also don’t know how to properly approach the subject and over dinner probably isn’t the appropriate time either so I’m just going to blurt it out. Would you like a trip between tonight? Is that too blunt? Is there a better way to phrase that?” If Mulrissa hadn’t already viewed him as very young before thanks to Samara, she certainly would now with his fumbling of what was a fairly normal facet of Weyr life. Oh look, cooked carrots. T’ryn dug into them to avoid fidgeting and hoping the floor collapsed beneath him.

Mulrissa
of Gold Bedith

Date of Birth
Height
5'7"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Hair
Dark brown, twists

Threads

Mulrissa waved her hand in response to T’ryn’s thanks, brushing off the idea he was being a bother. “It’s no trouble. Samara offered to bring me dinner anyway, and bringing a second helping wasn’t any hassle for her. Gave her a chance to be nosy and tease me, and that’s enough repayment for her. I do not, however, envy you,” she continued, adding food to her plate as she spoke, “I get enough teasing from B’jin as it is, I can’t imagine how much more teasing he gives you. Tell him and your father I say hello, by the way.” She’d probably run into one or both of them sooner or later, but it wouldn’t do to have the pair think she was avoiding them. The embarrassment of the situation had hit her a lot more strongly the turn before, but apparently she didn't care nearly so much anymore. How times change. Should she be concerned that she cared less? Hmn.

T’ryn’s question was so awkwardly earnest Rissa couldn’t help but to laugh, though she tried to cover it a little with her hand. “There really is no good way to ask. I have a friend who, before she was mated, used to ask her dragonrider partners for baby name ideas if they didn’t offer her a ride.” She shook her head fondly, always amused by her friend’s antics. An effective tactic, if her stories and lack of children before she was mated were anything to go by. “It is very polite of you to offer, no matter how bluntly. I have no issue with tonight, or tomorrow. Depends on whether Syrendryth wants to bring us just now or not. If either of you prefer, tomorrow is also fine. You can get some more meat from the kitchens when there are more people around to make it fresh in the same trip, perhaps. Whichever you prefer, I don’t exactly have any plans tonight or tomorrow. Cleared the whole week for Bedith.” Her eyes twinkled mischievously, and she grinned at T’ryn. “I think your dad may kill me if I were to threaten him with grandkids just yet, so the offer is appreciated.”

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

T’ryn’s eyes went wide at the story of the friend and baby names and wider still at his dad becoming a granddad. No, R’nd would not appreciate that one bit. Maybe in the future? Way in the future? R’nd seemed weird when it came to dates and ages and anything that reminded him that he was getting older. Thankfully he had no desire to become a father himself just yet and wondered if B’jin would have to deal with the grandkid issue before him. N’mor was happily mated, even if it was to a man. Z’rin already had a daughter so he knew at least the bluerider would likely be okay with raising a kid with N’mor, though he didn’t want to think about the specifics. Maybe they would take in a brat from the crèche which would probably help B’jin’s vanity a bit.

“You know, as hilarious as it might be to see R’nd react to the news he was going to be a grandfather, I think it’ll also serve as a good reminder to make sure I always offer rides when the need arises.” Honestly, at his current rate, he’d only have to worry about when Syrendryth won a gold and so far that meant he’d be offering Mulrissa the ride once a year. That was doable. Perhaps next year they’ll just roll out of bed laughing, get dressed, eat, and go for that ride joking about the whole thing. He could possibly be okay with that.

“Anyway, I don’t get the teasing nearly as much as N’mor does and now that he and Dad know about Mylorah—oh, do you know her? She’s R’nd’s eldest child, a year older than me. But B’jin has started pointing out that Nem and Mylo would have beautiful babies. I think Mylorah might be plotting his demise, but welcome to the family, right?” T’ryn laughed, happy that Mylorah was now a full part of the chaos and doing fairly well at fitting in. She still declined some invitations or left before the gathering ended but it was a lot to take in and he knew she was overwhelmed and out of her element.

T’ryn reached out to Syrendryth, finding the bronze to be content and in way ready to move. He was nuzzling with Bedith and seemed intent on lavishing her in attention until she kicked him out. Even then, it was noted they would stay the night and check up on the ladies in the morning. “And it seems Sy is in no hurry and would be happy to give you a ride in the morning. So we will be around any time you’d like to go. Do you need a trip to the Hold for anything? I wouldn’t mind helping you carry anything or just waiting while you did errands.” He knew he sounded eager to please and perhaps he was; but he wanted to make sure Mulrissa wasn’t left to deal with everything alone this time. He knew she was a capable woman and didn’t really need him for anything other than a between trip—and even then she could ask a friend—but their first Flight together hadn’t been his finest moment and he was hoping to improve any views others had of him—other than the view that he was cute and old enough, anyway.

Mulrissa
of Gold Bedith

Date of Birth
Height
5'7"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Hair
Dark brown, twists

Threads

The image of R’nd learning he was to be a grandfather was certainly an amusing one, though Rissa could understand why T’ryn might not want to deal with it. Certainly an awkward conversation, and if T’ryn wasn’t willing to have it, he probably shouldn’t be having children. As long as not wanting to tell R’nd didn’t keep him from having kids when he actually wanted them…

“Not a bad reminder, no. Just don’t let worrying about his reaction stop you if the day comes that you want children, all right? He’ll deal, and be happy for you, once he’s finished panicking about being old,” she said, not wanting him to think his father’s opinion should affect his choices about what to do with his life. R’nd was a lot better than her own father in so many ways, but Mulrissa got the impression that he wasn’t the most self-confident bronzerider in the Weyrs, and may try too hard to please his dad. Just a feeling she had.

Rissa smiled as T’ryn described poor Mylorah having to deal with B’jin — most likely at family events, so he was almost certainly at least tipsy if not drunk — teasing her. At least it let her know she was part of the family? R’nd had told her about Mylorah not that long ago, and while Mulrissa was not fully up to date on the situation, she was aware Mylorah was R’nd’s most recently discovered child. Honestly, did he have at least one per turn between when the dragonriders reunited and getting together with B’jin? She sometimes wondered.

“Morning is fine with me,” she told T’ryn with a nod of agreement. Bedith had grumbled a little at the idea of her bronze leaving just yet, so it was good Syrendryth didn't want to leave yet either. Mulrissa didn’t want to deal with a pissy Bedith if she didn’t have to. “And I don’t have anything that can’t be put off or done by someone else. I think I would prefer not to leave Bedith alone for long enough to have a proper shopping trip. Something quick would be best, I think. Though I truly appreciate the offer and may take you up on that in a month or two. Bedith gets very mellow the closer she is to Clutching, it seems, so she likely won’t mind at all then.” It still surprised Rissa how calm Bedith became in the month or two before Clutching. She was usually so quick to snap at the slightest perceived insult, but the turn before, by the time they got to the week before she Clutched she barely reacted to things that would usually have her in an outrage. Gold dragons were odd, but Rissa wasn’t going to complain. Her gold could have gone the other other way and gotten even more twitchy and ready to bitch at everyone and everything; oddly mellow was much preferable.

It really was sweet of T’ryn to offer, because she would be without the easy convenience of jumping on her dragon and going wherever she needed to go for a while. Not that Mulrissa was overly prone to travel, but she went to Telgar Hold often enough, and some of the other Holds as well. But she hadn’t found anything that had been broken in the Flight that couldn’t be replaced by a quick trip to the storeroom, so for the time being a Hold shopping trip was a luxury she could put off. Though if she thought of anything, perhaps she could ask T’ryn if he’d mind grabbing it for her. Might make him feel helpful, which he seemed to want to be.

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

T’ryn nodded at the advice Mulrissa gave him about his dad. Yes, he was worried about how R’nd would react to knowing he was a grandad and while it would be kind of hilarious, T’ryn didn’t want to upset his dad like that either. But he also knew he couldn’t live his life under everyone else’s expectations, no matter how much he wanted to please people. If the day ever came that he wanted to be a father himself, he wouldn’t let the fear of being the reason R’nd’s hair turned grey from stress over being old stop him. He’d also be more than old enough to be a father so it wasn’t like he was giving him a surprise child while still young himself. And if anyone else bothered to do the math, they’d see that R’nd was practically a child himself when he fathered Mylorah so R’nd really couldn’t judge if even A’tay suddenly showed up with a baby in his arms.

T’ryn let out a silent breath of relief that Mulrissa accepted his offer, even if only the short version of it. He really didn’t want to just ditch like he had last time and wanted to not only make up for that but prove he had learned better post-Flight etiquette and that he wanted to help out more. He realised at some point over the past year after watching other Flights and how the bronzeriders—or blue, apparently—behaved and he couldn’t believe how most didn’t seem to want anything to do with the process after claiming the win. He supposed he could see that point of view considering it wasn’t his dragon clutching or guarding the eggs and the gold likely didn’t want company but would it really hurt to offer up some help?

“Any time you need assistance and Bedith is okay with us taking you, please let me know. Syrendryth will see to Bedith’s needs at the time as well.” T’ryn recalled how his dragon would go off and visit with Bedith when they came for family dinners and that he even hunted for the gold a few times. At the time, T’ryn believed it was both a genuine gesture to show his respect for Bedith but also a tad of showing off as well. Syrendryth liked to believe they were the best and others should know that as well.

“And when I head out, I’ll take the dishes with me. No arguing,” he wagged a finger at Mulrissa to stop any protesting, “I’ll already be leaving and it’s only a short detour to return everything. I can give my compliments to anyone left working as well.” It all worked out rather well in his opinion, especially since he wanted to stop by a store room to get a bit of soapsand for a bath before seeing the nosy parental units.

Mulrissa
of Gold Bedith

Date of Birth
Height
5'7"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Hair
Dark brown, twists

Threads

“Thank you, T’ryn, I will be sure to reach out. Bedith will be thrilled, of course. She loves being treated like a lady by such an exemplary bronze,” Rissa said, teasing her smug dragon about how vain she was. Bedith mentally huffed at her, but didn’t deny a word of it. She did enjoy how Syrendryth had stopped by to check in with her the turn before after their Flight. The fact that he brought her food when she was Sand-bound didn’t hurt at all. It only reinforced her belief that Syrendryth was better than any of the Telgar bronzes.

Mulrissa's mouth twitched into a smile at the way T’ryn insisted on taking the dishes. Wagging his finger at her as if she weren’t a number of turns older. She found it very amusing, really, and rather charming. “The dishes are all yours to take, dear,” she laughed, “I’m not going to refuse the chance to not have to leave my weyr.” They’d already taken care of the worst of the disarray from the Flight, which meant she could just focus on having a nice bath (hoorah for goldrider weyrs with their own bathing chambers!) and going to bed. She didn’t have enough energy for anything else.

’We’ll give you a nice bath again tomorrow,’ Mulrissa told Bedith, knowing her gold would want one after the exertions of the day. Too dark out to do it right then, and and there was no way Rissa would be able to scrub an entire, very large, gold dragon until after she’d slept a few hours.

She and T’ryn chatted a bit more, leisurely finishing the food that had been brought up. Rissa helped T’ryn collect all the dishes, stacking them securely back on the tray they’d come on — T’ryn didn’t need to deal with plates breaking on him when he was being polite in bringing them back at all — and let him go on his way, confirming that yes, he was expected the next morning for a ride, just have Syrendryth let Bedith know when they were on their way over. After he left, Mulrissa crept over to Bedith’s part of the weyr, peeking through the door to check on her dragon, who was still entwined with Syrendryth. Really, it was a good thing Mulrissa had claimed a weyr intended for a mated goldrider with children, otherwise Bedith and Syrendryth were likely to be quite cramped. As it was, they had plenty of space, and, sensing her rider’s presence, Bedith blinked one eye open to look at Mulrissa, briefly making eye contact before closing her eye again. Rissa grinned and quietly stepped back into the main room of her weyr.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)