World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [P] 739.06.08 | Up on high
12:30 pm, open

D'lyne
of Green Tybalith

Date of Birth
Height
5'3"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Trim
Hair
Blonde

Threads

Written By: Jenn
Feet dangled over the edge of a high up weyr. She'd chosen this one mostly because it was empty and because it was so high. She was less likely to be interrupted with whatever she felt like doing. Or whoever. Strong teeth bit into the redfruit she'd snitched from the kitchens as she watched the hustle and bustle of the weyr below her. All the movements of bugs scurrying about their business. Dragons flew in and out or sunned themselves on ledges and around the weyrbowl. She'd be a dragonrider one of these days. She had some doubts about this. She'd stood for so many clutches that she was beginning to think it would be impossible. But there was always that chance. She just had to be patient. She could be patient.

Maybe she should have stayed in Telgar or gone on to Ista. The greens there seemed not to have any issue with the girls on the sands. Daelyne would forever and always determined that her dragon would be the brilliant shades of green, not the boring colors of gold. Not that she had anything against golds, mind you, she just had no desire to be stuck in a weyr with a giant baby making machine. She had things to do, people to see, men to fuck. She grinned as she bit once more into the redfruit, licking the juices from her lips. A chance encounter during a flight had left a girl with a slight addiction to flight mothing. She was just a bit more careful not to get pregnant this time.

She loved Daetra, she truly did, but she couldn't take the chance of having another. If you asked her she would swear that she almost died giving birth to Daetra, though the healer said it was all in her head, and if she died birthing another than where would she be? Up a shit creek without a paddle, that's where. Her feet swung a steady rhythm as she surveyed everything below her, vertigo a thing of the past. There had been moments when she first started her little excursions up here where the height had been almost too much, but it hadn't been long before she'd been just fine. Another unrepentant grin and she waved to the people who stopped to look up at her. Let people wonder what she was doing up here.

PA - First Post!

R'dare
of Blue Kadaisicalth

Date of Birth
19.11.721, 23
Height
6'0
Eyes
Brown
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
Kadaisicalth seemed so content lazing on his ledge when R’dare returned after grabbing some lunch that he had to join the blue dragon. They didn’t talk much, just content to lie in the sun together and enjoy some down time. He sometimes got dragged into chores, helping with moving items or washing laundry when the old ladies thought he looked like he needed to be kept busy. Then there were times friends or other random residents of the Weyr asked for a ride to the Hold or to another Weyr and he was happy to oblige since he had friends in the other Weyrs and liked chatting with new people he met on the way. But this afternoon was just for them and their laziness.

Until some motion across the way and up a bit caught his attention. He watched the girl for a while, unable to make out her face from the distance and tried to figure out which blonde he knew that could be. When she gave a sassy little wave to people walking below them, he had a feeling he knew who it was. Daelyne. She was blonde, sassy, and he knew she liked to hide up on the upper empty weyrs. He couldn’t blame her, he liked them as well, which was why his own weyr was higher up than most of his friends. The fact that he was claustrophobic helped in where he chose to live as well. Being in the lower ones for extended periods of time made him think the roof would cave in on him or the entrance to the ledge would collapse and he’d have no fresh air. Thankfully, Weyrleader R’nya understood that and let him have a slightly larger weyr as well.

Deciding company might not be that bad after all, R’dare got up, stretched, and debated the process of getting to her. It’d be quite a trek to walk all the way around and then up several flights. And you would likely trip somewhere in there, scaring me half to death if it happened on stairs or near that ledge. R’dare frowned. It wasn’t like he wanted to be clumsy! His own two feet just happened to have it in for him sometimes and he stumbled—or face planted when he was having an extremely unlucky day.

I’ll take you over. I don’t like you being so high up without me near. R’dare sighed and nodded, knowing it was useless to argue once Kadaisicalth had his mind set to something. And to be honest, it wasn’t such a bad idea to have a big blue safety net beside him. He scrambled up his dragon, not bothering with gear for a twenty second flight, and took off across the bowl.

R’dare directed Kadaisicalth at the last second to land on the ledge next to Daelyne so she wouldn’t be hit by wings because of his large ass getting in the way. He dismounted and gave a small wave when she looked over. It was hard to miss a blue dragon headed your way and R’dare was confident she’d watch them to see what they were up to. “Hey, Day! Mind if I join you? If you make room, Daisy can as well. He’s excellent for lounging against.” He really hoped she’d say yes; to him at least. He didn’t care which ledge Kadaisicalth sat on but he wanted to be on the one with the pretty blonde that he was kind of interested in.

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

D'lyne
of Green Tybalith

Date of Birth
Height
5'3"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Trim
Hair
Blonde

Threads

She watched the growing shape of the blue dragon heading her way and grinned. She didn't have any doubts that someone would come to investigate and she wasn't wrong. The fact that it was R'dare and his blue was just icing on the cake. He was lovely in a way she appreciated and she couldn't say she'd bedded him yet. There was always time to place that conquest in a notch on her belt. Okay she didn't really wear belts with notches on them but she'd heard someone say the like before and it had struck her as amusing then. It struck her as even more amusing now.

Day appreciated the fact that they landed on a ledge that wasn't her own. She was tiny but dragons were large and her luck he'd knock her right off. Then what would happen? He'd have to catch her before she hit the ground. A speculative gleam filled her eyes as she waved back at him. What would he do if she just took a leap right off this ledge? Would he catch her? She would hope so or else she'd be pancake Daelyne.

She squinted against the air that was blown every which way from the height and waited for R'dare to slide his way off Kadaisicalth. A charming and not at all innocent grin curved her lips as she looked him up and down. A fine notch on the belt he would make. "Don't mind at all," she said with a wave of her hand, "Come along big blue, I could use something to lean on. Bad back and all that." It was a joke of course, Day was at the height of fitness but she could pretend.

She watched him from the corner of her eye as they made themselves comfortable and inhaled the spicy scent of dragon when she leaned back against the blue. She'd always enjoyed that smell, hopefully one day she would have her own dragon to sniff. And didn't that sound just weird in her mind. Like she ran around sniffing the dragons of the weyrs. Of course if she played her cards right she wouldn't have to worry about angry riders. "So," she started as she turned her head to look at him fully, "Do you often find pretty girls to tag along with or am I something special?"

PA - First Post!

R'dare
of Blue Kadaisicalth

Date of Birth
19.11.721, 23
Height
6'0
Eyes
Brown
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

They made their way carefully to where Daelyne sat, one being careful not to trip to his death and the other making sure not to knock the tiny human over. Kadaisicalth even obliged them by playing wall for them to lean against, settling himself down on the ledge in just the right way that he could comfortably bathe in the sun while the humans used him how they pleased.

“You’re something special,” R’dare smiled at Daelyne as he sat down so he could both face her and lean his side against the warm dragon. “You’re a pretty blonde with attitude that always intrigues me.” He often wondered where it came from. He knew that she and her sister had an overprotective father and while Tavynia had ended up a spoiled brat, Daelyne seemed to try to rebel against it. At least, that’s what he figured anyway. He liked it no matter where it came from since it made her fun and unpredictable. Who knew what would come out of her mouth?

“What brings you up here? The view? Privacy that I totally ruined by wanting to see you?” R’dare looked a bit guilty as he said that, realising that he had really just barged in and invited himself. She could have turned him away, sure, but since they were already there, she may have felt obligated to let them stay. Then again, it was Daelyne. She would have told him to fuck off if she didn’t want him around.

D'lyne
of Green Tybalith

Date of Birth
Height
5'3"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Trim
Hair
Blonde

Threads

She basked in his smile and his compliments. She knew she was beautiful and special, oh yes she did, but it was always nice to be reminded of it no and again. The fact that someone she wouldn't mind fucking told her so was just icing on the cake. Cake she had every intention of sampling at some point in time. "Special. Pretty," she grinned unabashedly and waved her hand, "Do go on. It does a girl's heart good to hear words like that." She probably would have done a little more laughing and a lot more grinning if she could hear his mind. She adored nothing more than to be told she was a rebel. That she was fun and not at all stuffy and shitty like Tavynia. Why her sister couldn't take the stick right out of her ass was beyond Daelyne.

She snuggled a little deeper into the side of Kadaisicalth enjoying the warmth of the blue that had so nicely given her a leaning post. She'd have to reward his properly. She wondered if R'dare would mind if she gave him something for it. Maybe a nice fat wild wherry. Or a trinket. Maybe some new leathers for a new harness. She couldn't give none of this to R'dare of course. Couldn't have the old boy thinking she was buying his company. Not that she would be adverse to doing something like that but really.. How often did one find a whore of the male persuasion at one of the holds? Not often. She'd have to indulge in the female variety one of these days. Her lips pursed at the thought and she shifted slightly to alleviate a sudden pressure.

"The view is always pleasant," she said, "And the privacy is definitely a plus but I suppose you can be forgiven for ruining it if you know how to make up for it." She had no shame. She never had. The small blonde woman never really understood the necessity of shame when it came to something that she wanted. And every smooth charming word out of his mouth reminded her that she wanted him. "Truthfully," she continued with a conspirators tone, "I like to see the look of panic on their faces. Awful of me I know but its just so damned amusing." She laughed and turned to face him fully. "You really wanted to see me eh?" she asked with a cocksure grin at the corner of her mouth, "Any particular reason why?"

PA - First Post!

R'dare
of Blue Kadaisicalth

Date of Birth
19.11.721, 23
Height
6'0
Eyes
Brown
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

“Go on, eh? Hm,” R’dare took a moment to pretend like he was considering what other flattering words to give Daelyne. It really wasn’t difficult, he could rattle off several just from a glance at her but he didn’t want to make her think he was a lovesick puppy stalking her or something. Not that he’d be surprised if she did have such admirers. “Gorgeous, sexy, fun, confident…” he trailed off with a grin and couldn’t stop himself from letting his gaze roam over her body. She looked so at home using his dragon to lean against, utterly confident in the way she presented herself and in what she did. He was a bit jealous of that ability, having always thought himself to be laidback but the occasional clumsiness took away from it.

“I think I made a pretty good list of reasons why I wanted to see you already. But just in case it wasn’t clear enough yet, I wanted to be alone with you and see what came of it.” He normally wasn’t that bold when it came to flirting with someone but it was Daelyne. She wasn’t one to beat around the bush and while R’dare could see her playing a game if it amused her enough to do so, he didn’t think she’d appreciate it now. She was throwing off a vibe that screamed she was interested and maybe that was her game after all; she wanted to see if he returned the interest. He did! He really did.

R’dare turned his attention away from Daelyne to look down at the activity in the Bowl. It wasn’t much since people were coming and going for lunch but he made it seem like it was a gripping sight. “Two young people on a ledge together. I suppose we could chat about the mundane or make fun of what we see down below,” he slid a sideways glance back to Daelyne with a sly grin to show what he really thought about that idea.

D'lyne
of Green Tybalith

Date of Birth
Height
5'3"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Trim
Hair
Blonde

Threads

Her hand continued to wave as he listed off all her virtues. She couldn't argue with any of them and her skin heated when he raked a gaze up and down her body. Oh yes. She was going to be utterly delighted with R'dare. She adored the fact that he was flirting with her. She was confident, almost overly so, and she flirted like it was going out of style so when someone continued the game and went along with it, it made her so happy. "Did you now?" she asked blue eyes snapping with her delighted, "Might be I wanted to be alone with you."

And she had. She might not have known it at that precise moment but as soon as R'dare and his blue had made their way gingerly over to the ledge she sat on, she known what would become of an interaction with the attractive man. Daelyne didn't care what other people thought of her, she'd spent to much of her childhood being told that she needed to care to actually do so, and she didn't care if people thought she was a whore. She didn't even really care if people thought she was beautiful but she did like what she liked and at the moment she liked R'dare.

She leaned forward and looked down at the hustle and bustle below them as well. She expected it to be busy, people running every which way he'd made it seem that way, but it wasn't and she laughed again. She enjoyed that he could joke with her, not many could keep up with her she'd found. "Nothing is ever mundane with me," she laughed. She matched his own sly grin with one of her own. "Make fun of people down there?" she asked with a mischievous tone, "Haven't you got any ideas that are a bit more... Scandalous? Outrageous? We're two young silly people after all. What trouble could we get up to way up here."

The last words were punctuated by a slow even slide of Daelyne's body closer to his and she grinned up at him, "I could think of a few things that could be much more shocking." Let him take the lead on that one. Maybe

PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)