World of Pern
[G] [P] 743.06.13 | Curious - Printable Version

+- World of Pern (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Benden Territory (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=170)
+--- Forum: Benden Hold (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=129)
+--- Thread: [G] [P] 743.06.13 | Curious (/showthread.php?tid=5239)

743.06.13 | Curious - Vaera - 13.Jun.22

Benden Weyr was, Vaera was learning, not laid out nearly as similarly to Fort Weyr as she’d hoped. She’d been to Fort Weyr enough to know her way around most of the Weyr—or at least, most of the places she had any need to be, like the dining halls and her friends’ weyrs. But this was her first time at Benden, and while she was definitely not lost she wasn’t entirely sure of the best way to get to the Weyr bowl.

It didn’t help that the dragon who had brought her to Benden had dropped her and Healer Tovas off directly on the weyr ledge of her teacher’s patient, so she had no point of reference for the hallways whatsoever. When Tovas had finished with the patient and made to head back to the Hall, Vaera had asked to stay behind to visit a friend in the Weyr (she hadn’t had a specific one in mind, to be fair, but she’d participated in a handful of classes for the gold Candidates and could name a few of the female Candidates if Tovas had questioned her, which he hadn’t). She’d been given the rest of the day off, and Vaera was sure she’d be able to find at least one dragonrider willing to bring her back to Fort when she wanted to return home.

Of course, in her haste to get to explore the Weyr she’d assumed too much about her ability to get around. Still, it couldn’t be that hard to reach the Bowl eventually—all she had to do was keep heading downward, right?

RE: 743.06.13 | Curious - Kaiza - 14.Jun.22

Packed up and moved to Benden to wait for Mizeath's next clutch had Kaiza bored as hell. Not that she minded Benden but it wasn't her home and she didn't know anything about it, only that Ameris and M'ris were the leaders and Mizeath was nice enough. She should probably change that, was her thought as she ambled along with a snitched bubblypie in her hand. She was sure she was going to hear all about it when they finally figured out it was Kaiza who'd been snitching pies but that was a problem for future her.

She turned a corner and found a pretty girl headed down the hall. She knew her, had met her a few times hanging around Madi, and had found her to be quite... Adorable. Sweet each time, it had piqued Kaiza's interest but never let it get further than some smiles and waves. Vaera looked a little lost and Kaiza wondered if she needed help. Quick to be that person, Kaiza moved her feet a little faster.

"Vaera!" she called out and hoped she got her name right as she raised a hand. Hurrying to catch up, Kaiza only puffed out a breath a little and she was pleased as punch at that. "Hey," she said as she caught up with the other girl, "Hey where ya going? Need some help with anything? I got time if you need it." She was cute with her little healer's knots and Kaiza was glad she'd caught sight of her.

RE: 743.06.13 | Curious - Vaera - 16.Jun.22

Vaera spun around when she heard her name, taking in the girl approaching her for a moment before the name came to her. “Kaiza! Hello, it’s a pleasure to see you again,” she said, clasping her hands in front of her waist. “I was looking to go to the Weyr Bowl, but I’ve realized I don’t know the way. If you don’t mind, I mean, you said you’re free and while I’m sure I would find the way eventually it would be faster if you were to—well, it doesn’t have to be the Bowl, really, I just thought it would be a good place to start since I haven’t been to Benden before, but if you know a better place you could take me there instead—um, if you want to.” Vaera trailed off, mortified at how much she was rambling, and a blush spread across her face.

She was usually a lot more composed than this, but Kaiza had surprised her a little. Vaera could be calm and in control in classes, and with other Healers—she had to be, for anyone to take her even a little bit seriously as a woman of her age trying to be a Healer. Even Tovas, who often borrowed her as something of his own personal apprentice, was only doing it to gain favor and access to her father. Which meant that Vaera had to be perfect when dealing with him and her other teachers.

And then, when any girl roughly her age spoke to her Vaera felt like she lost every ounce of poise she possessed. Especially if they smiled at her. She’d developed something of an immunity to Madiquel over their friendship—she was less blushy and tongue tied whenever her friend smiled, though it still snuck up on her sometimes.

Vaera just really, really hoped Kaiza didn’t think she sounded stupid. There was no reason she had to impress Kaiza, not really, not like the male Healers who had influence in her life path, but Vaera wanted to impress her, or at least not make Kaiza think she was a complete waste of her time. She twisted her hands restlessly and tried to will the blush to recede from her face.