World of Pern
[G] [P] 742.02.14 | A Spot of Concern - Printable Version

+- World of Pern (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Fort Territories (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Fort Weyr (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=123)
+--- Thread: [G] [P] 742.02.14 | A Spot of Concern (/showthread.php?tid=4839)

742.02.14 | A Spot of Concern - Sariel - 14.Feb.21

With all the Hatching commotion, Sariel barely had time to get the twins out to creche before she found herself alone for a few moments. She let out a long sigh and closed her eyes as Cirith peered in at her from her spot on her couch, her eyes whirling happily.

What a whirlwind it had been.

And a new Fortian goldrider to add to the mix!

That was exhaustingly satisfying and the woman looked like she could handle herself, too. At some point, she'd do a proper meet and greet but it was early days yet. Right now, Sariel was definitely keeping her morning to herself. She was going to bathe until she was wrinkled and limp.

Not too long, please, the gold chirped brightly. You have been very tired of late and it is not just yourself you need to think of, now. Can you not sense the change? The young gold's words brought her to a stop in her wanderings and then she was through the partition to stare at Cirith for a long moment. Certainly, she had been more tired but noticing it hadn't been on her list of things of late what with Erebuth and B'kit's injuries. She had been so focused on that and graduating that she--

You are clutching! Like Malvayth's! This is wonderful. It is a celebration! Yes? Cirith craned her neck and gently nudged her tiny rider. She backtracked and decided it must have been Turn's End when she and L'gan had last-- Oh, she hadn't even given thought to the fact she was late. No, no, she wasn't going to let it bother her right now. She was going to have a soak, wash her hair, float for a little while and de-stress from worry. Then she'd tackle this newest issue with her husband.

~*~

After luxuriating in the bath for a full hour, she finally got dressed in a soft velvet purple dress that fit with the waistline under her breasts. She pulled on a warm fur and soft wherhide jacket to ease some of the chill and knew she'd not be still until she'd talked to L'gan. Sariel was a healer herself, how could she just forget about her monthly courses? It didn't usually matter, she supposed because most of the time they were careful about betweening at least when they had a playmate over. It was less of an issue when it came down to the both of them and she'd been thoroughly distracted of late. They both had, honestly.

Do me a favour, love, and bespeak Semath. L'gan and I need perhaps thirty minutes or more. I don't know quite how long it will take. If he's busy, tell him to come when he has a chance. Cirith reached out to Semath with a gentle rumble, asking L'gan very gently to come see Sariel when work permitted.

After all, she wasn't ill, she was just unexpectedly with child.

RE: 742.14.02 | A Spot of Concern - L'gan - 16.Feb.21

There were only a few injuries that needed tending after the Hatching, thank Faranth. The clumsy little green would bear watching, and he couldn’t help smiling as he thought back to his own Impression. He’d grabbed another cup of klah to get through the morning, then gone to check in on B’kit and Erebuth. He’d seen the bluerider at the hatching and wanted to make sure he hadn’t over exerted himself with the walk.

As he ran through a few exercises to strengthen Erebuth’s wings, Semath reached out through their bond. Cirith says Sariel is looking for you. When you have some time. Did they say what it was about? No—should I ask? No bother. Tell them I’ll wrap up with Erebuth, then I’ll be there. Maybe half an hour or so.

L’gan kept up the exercises, curious about what was going. Erebuth was healing well, all things considered, but his range of motion left a lot to be desired. Hopefully in a few weeks they might be able to transfer them back to Ista where it would be warm enough to swim to try to get some sort of flight back.

Heading back to their weyr through the corridors took longer but was infinitely warmer. Semath made it back ahead of him and was warmly snuggled up with Cirith when he checked in. “Sariel? Sorry about the delay—Erebuth was doing well today, so I didn’t want to cut his session short, and Noa is taking it easy for a while, though I’m sure he’s eager for an update.”

RE: 742.14.02 | A Spot of Concern - Sariel - 16.Feb.21

"It's alright, it's nothing serious. I'm alright. We just need to sit down and talk about wothing for a moment. Cirith was kind enough to tell me this morning that-- Oh, L'gan, you might want to sit for this next part."

She adjusted herself on the little couch for a moment, moving over a little. It was a joyous thing but also concerning all at once and she wasn't sure how to feel right now.

"I suppose I've been forgetful and entirely too busy of late but I'm pregnant, we are. And I'm leaning toward keeping it, if...if that's alright with you." With the twins, it had been a hard pregnancy, and they'd nearly lost all of them near the end of it but she was healthy now.

There was Cirith to take into account as well.

If you wish to keep it, I do not object. Another small one would be wonderful. The gold's eyes whirled faster in happiness, projecting love and warmth to both of them.

RE: 742.14.02 | A Spot of Concern - L'gan - 16.Feb.21

Her insistence that he sit down did nothing for his nerves, but neither Semath or Cirith seemed stressed by whatever it was. Sitting next to her, L’gan caught one of her hands, relieved as she settled enough to tell him what was going on.

The news was extremely exciting, but also extremely worrisome. They were usually so good about betweening, when had they forgotten?

“Bell, you barely survived the twins, and that was living at the Hall with the best Healers on Pern around at all hours.” True, she had been young at the time, but no younger than many others. He had been absent for much of that pregnancy due to the timing of his Impression, and he’d had to get special permission to be there when the twins were born.

But now—“what if something happens to you? You know I would love another child, but what about Cirith? There’s a third life you’d be risking now.”

RE: 742.14.02 | A Spot of Concern - Sariel - 16.Feb.21

"If there is any trouble, my love, Healer Hall is not far. If you want, in the later stages, I can always go there especially if things seem to be as bad as they were. Or perhaps if this is very normal all that will be unnecessary." She brought his hands up to her lips to kiss them gently.

"Hopefully, this will be a child instead of two, much as I love the girls," Sariel murmured. "Cirith seems to be excited by it. She said I was clutching, earlier. If I do go through with this pregnancy it'll be the last, that's for sure. I know it was very close last time but you'll be here and there's no one I trust more."

Except me, the gold said blinking sleepily.

"Cirith, darling, you can't deliver a child. It's complicated and not like Malvayth laying her eggs," Sariel said laughing enough that she leaned into L'gan for support. "That said, I trust you very much as my lifemate and for all the things you can do."

I should hope so. I would be a poor lifemate if you could not. She shuffled forward as close as she could get to the both of them to address L'gan. Cirith didn't quite abandon her cuddle buddy, Semath, but she did want to be as close to her favourite people as possible. This was a difficult thing to do for a grown gold. She tried anyway with her long neck extended and her multifaceted eyes brightly glowing.

I love you, L'gan, this you should know. It is not time to worry. It is time to be happy. I know Sariel like I know myself. She is right, Healer Hall is not far! It will be quick for a Master Healer if they are needed. I can say when if she cannot. Risk this once more, I will be fine because she will have me with her to keep her safe.

The gold huffed gently, her eyes whirling fast but with steady blues and greens.

"Mmm," Sariel murmured. "The lady has a point. All of us together are strong and this is worth it to me, to Cirith as well. Another life to watch grow into their own..."

That made Cirith croon and rumble and she might have squeaked.