World of Pern
741.12.17 | Good News! - Printable Version

+- World of Pern (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum)
+-- Forum: High Reaches Weyr Boundaries (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=133)
+--- Forum: Misty Hold (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=186)
+--- Thread: 741.12.17 | Good News! (/showthread.php?tid=4762)

741.12.17 | Good News! - K'dar - 17.Dec.20

K'dar was in a great mood. Things with Kat were going well, he was having fun there, he'd started talking to the Weyrleader about shadowing him on occasion and offering a hand to try to get some experience without making any long term commitments that would chain him down (he was still waiting for Mylorah to impress after all). The real icing on his cake though, was that he was going to be an uncle! His family was growing and he couldn't be more thrilled for T'ryn and his girlfriend. Mate? He wasn't sure if they'd made that jump yet but he had a good feeling about the goldrider.

He was so pleased with how things were going that he couldn't just put all of this in one of his update letters to Yfris. So he'd sent word to let his friend know he was stopping by for a visit, nipped a bottle of the nicer wine from the store rooms to bring as a gift to Yfris's family and an extra that Yfris wouldn't have to share, and he and Tiber had gone on their way.

It wasn't until K'dar was comfortably flopping down in a chair in Yfris's room that he started to share his good news. "So, the girl I wrote you about, things seem to be going well with her. Keeping it casual, but she's been in my bed more than once. I was even smooth with some of my compliments, I think you'd be impressed." He started to unbutton his jacket so he could shrug it off and be a bit more comfortable now that he was inside where it was warm. "Then the Weyrleader seems to be fine with teaching me a few things and helping me get some experience, at least that was the impression I got when I talked to him about it. But! The best news! I'm going to be an uncle! I'm so excited about that. It's another reason to try to become Weyrleader myself... that way I can try to help him out and make sure he has a nice head start on things. And of course I will take him on the best fishing trips."

RE: 741.12.17 | Good News! - Yfris - 17.Dec.20

Yfris was flopped in his chair near the fireplace, enjoying the warmth from the low burning fire as well as the whiskey he sipped from a glass he lightly swirled as he watched K’dar’s animated side of the conversation. The bronzerider was in an extremely good mood and the more he spoke, the more obvious it became why. Yfris smiled proudly at his friend and protégé, pleased that it seemed his somewhat lazily explained lessons in confidence were working. Of course the girl had apparently known K’dar all her life and she was weyrbred so she may have been easier to impress but Yfris was still proud and knew K’dar had it in him to seduce anyone he wanted.

He was also amused that K’dar was taking the Weyrleader idea so seriously. It worked in the long run to help play up the silly excuse he’d come up with on the fly to explain their time together but Yfris could admire a man that had goals. He himself didn’t have many. Party hard and enjoy life with as many people as he could probably counted—maybe not so much to his parents but that was a minor detail.

“Ah, congratulations, friend!” Yfris toasted to K’dar’s news of becoming an uncle, clinking an imaginary glass before sipping his drink. “And which sibling should I be drinking to? They must be so excited to become a parent.” He didn’t have any such desires and dreaded the day when he finally did marry and sire a brat. He clearly could barely take care of himself but they wanted him in charge of a family? Utter nonsense!

RE: 741.12.17 | Good News! - K'dar - 17.Dec.20

The lordling's approving smiles only served to further heighten K'dar's mood. It was a silly thing to want validation for, but it was just nice to know he wasn't the only one happy with his current progress. He was pretty sure Katiryn was enjoying their little visits, but she was already a friend and thus possibly biased.

Of course she would be biased if she liked you. Really, these silly uncertainties don't suit you. At least your lordling is helping you get over it. It wasn't a sudden transformation by any means, but as far as Tiber was concerned Yfris seemed to be a good (if strange) influence overall. K'dar ignored his dragon's remarks, instead giving his friend a grin. "T'ryn! I'll admit I didn't expect he'd be the first one to make me an uncle, and certainly not so soon. He's much more deliberate about things, likes to plan. If anything I'd have thought A'tay would have had some sort of slip up or gotten in over his head with a girl."

Granted this was based off his recent discovery that A'tay had been seeing a girl who had somehow managed to get him to take swimming lessons. If his younger brother was willing to take swimming lessons for a girl, who knew what else she'd be able to get him to do.

RE: 741.12.17 | Good News! - Yfris - 18.Dec.20

Yfris sputtered at the name, wasting the sip of whiskey as it was spit back into the glass. At least he didn't choke on the drink and make an even larger scene. "T'ryn? How wonderful!" He didn't quite believe what he was saying as his mind raced to conclusions he didn't have enough information to make. It was possible that the bronzerider had other lovers and he knocked up one of them but Yfris had seen the way he looked at Cazan and had a feeling he knew who was pregnant.

That also meant there was a chance he was the father because he certainly hadn't been taking any precautions because Cazan lived in a Weyr and they had methods! Oh, ocean take him! Their parents! It wouldn't matter who the dad actually was, this showed she was fertile. But maybe he could use that as a reason to not marry...

"I need to write a letter. To congratulate them, of course!" Yfris got up and went to his writing desk and quickly scribbled:

Cazan,
What the fuck?!
XOXO
Yfris

He left K'dar alone as he went to find his father's firelizard, calling out for the silly thing before he popped up. Yfris slid the note into the little carrier and sent him on his way to Cazan, expecting a reply soon enough.

"This is all so terribly exciting! But you also piqued my interest in what A'tay is getting into." Mostly he just wanted a distraction, though he didn't think it would work and tossed back what remained of his whiskey.

RE: 741.12.17 | Good News! - K'dar - 18.Dec.20

"I know right? He'll be a great dad." K'dar grinned, glad that Yfris also was happy for his brother. It really was the best news and he honestly couldn't wait to dote on his upcoming nephew or niece. It almost seemed that Yfris was even more excited than he let on since he insisted on writing a letter immediately to congratulate them.

"I can deliver that for you if you want-" K'dar started to offer, but the man had already run off with his letter in hand. He settled back comfortably in his chair and pulled out his book to read while he patiently waited for the lordling's return. If Yfris wanted him along for whatever he was doing he doubtless would have told him, especially since he was so naturally direct in the first place.

He grinned when Yfris did return to ask about his other brother. "Oh, he's just finally got his eyes on the ladies it seems. A'tay has always been so shy, but I guess he's been spending time with a candidate and she's been teaching him a few things. And he's the sort to try to jump into new things head first once they've caught his eye, so I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't doing something. Or at least if he wasn't going to be soon. She seems nice enough, if a bit... intense. At least that's what I've heard. I haven't had the pleasure of meeting her yet."

He didn't pay much attention when a firelizard popped in with a little letter for Yfris. While K'dar was a curious person in general he wasn't that nosy so he didn't give the note a glance to see that it said:
Yfris,
What the fuck what?
XOXO
Cazan

Yfris chuckled at the story and how K'dar didn't seem to notice the similarities. "He sounds like a younger version of you. You're also very eager to try new things and I've also been called intense...among other things but we'll stick with that for now, shall we? I wonder what this girl is like." She was also intriguing if she could pull another shy brother into things he normally didn't do. It was a shame K'dar didn't know more about her. Stories about the girl would likely help keep him from thinking about the mess he was getting tangled up in.

He was about to ask if they should surprise visit A'tay for shits and giggles since he hadn't met that one yet when the firelizard returned. He frowned at the reply but sent the lizard off. How could she not know what he meant? Some fiancee she was! Messages clearly weren't going to work. This was a face to face issue and Yfris eyed up his delectable bronzerider. He had planned on seducing K'dar after dinner but now plans had changed and he said as much.

"Change of plans. How about a visit to Fort Weyr so we can congratulate the mother in person? She must be positively glowing!" He doubted that. Cazan was too into her work and raising a dragon that having a kid wouldn't have been on her list of things to get done for the next several years.

"Pfft, I was never that bad," K'dar scoffed. "I've done my share of fooling around and experimenting with a few casual friends, just not any of the closer ones. I am fairly confident A'tay has never fooled around with anyone... unless he has started up recently, which is possible. All I know is her name is Zelana or Zelly, she cooks spicy food, teaches swimming lessons, and according to a few people in Ista Weyr, is quite... friendly. It's hard to know if any of that is an exaggeration or not though."

He shrugged, doing his best not to fret about A'tay and whatever trouble he could get into with this Zelly girl. K'dar had already gotten in trouble for fussing and worrying a bit too much over Mylorah after all. He tilted his head curiously when Yfris suggested they travel to Fort for a short notice visit. "I could take you there if you want, though I think it's starting to get late there for a short notice visit. Are you sure you wouldn't rather wait until tomorrow? Tiber and I can come back to give you that ride."

K'dar studied the lordling for a moment, the gears starting to turn as he remembered that his brother's girlfriend was actually engaged to Yfris. That probably had some sort of implication for him, or at least it seemed like it would from some of the stories. Illegitimate children causing drama, or affairs causing some murky bloodlines and what not. "Does the baby do anything for your engagement stuff? Everything I know about lord and lady courtships comes from the stories and whatever you've told me."

"She sounds like a fascinating young woman," Yfris remarked, thinking Zelana could be a lot of fun. Why hadn't his parents forced them together? She must have been too lowly of station to consider worth their time or possibly too young, though his last fiancee was sixteen or so before she passed away.

It said something about his state of mind that he didn't twist K'dar's words about giving him a ride into something sexual. Instead, Yfris gave K'dar a confused look before recalling the time and how much later it would be in Fort. It wouldn't be too horribly late for a visit with Cazan. She was clearly awake and able to reply to a letter at least. She'd likely be expecting him after a reply didn't come. Or she assumed he'd gotten too drunk to continue writing vague notes. Either way, she could deal with the surprise.

"I don't know," Yfris admitted when K'dar connected the dots. He got up again and went to the decanter of whiskey intent on pouring another glass but instead took a swig from the bottle. "It could go a few ways but that's why I need to see her as soon as possible. We need to sort things out before her mother especially finds out."

It was only at that moment that K'dar considered the possibility that Yfris could possibly be the father. Did T'ryn know? Probably, his brother wasn't stupid, and he did know about the engagement... but he thought a lot of the holdfolk waited until after they'd gotten married or whatever for that to start up. But this was Yfris... it was probably easier to compile a list of people he lordling wouldn't try to go after like--

"Have you slept with my brother too?" There was a brief moment of panic in K'dar's eyes and then he rapidly shook his head. "No, I don't want to know. Never mind. Forget I asked." Ever helpful, his dragon pointed out, The way you phrased that could be interpreted to mean that you slept with your brother. "And I don't mean I slept with him, I mean have you slept with him in addition to his girlfriend... but again, not something I need to know."

K'dar's face was turning red at the fumble and how much he did not want to know about T'ryn's sex life with his girlfriend and possibly her fiance. He took a few breaths and shook his head as he straightened up, because at least now Yfris's reason for wanting to go visit right then made a bit of sense. "And I can take you over there now if you want. Will you be spending the night or should I stick around to bring you back?"

“No and not for a lack of trying,” Yfris mumbled with another swig of booze. That was one stubborn bronzerider, not like the one currently asking questions and then taking them back. That was slightly amusing and Yfris gave him a smirk at the fumbling of the words and how they could be taken. Even if K’dar and T’ryn had slept together, they weren’t blood-related on any level so it wouldn’t have been odd.

One more long drink from the bottle was had before it was set down and Yfris helped himself to K’dar’s lap, making himself comfortable on his friend with an arm around his neck. “That depends on how patient you are. I was going to lure you to bed after dinner but now it’ll have to wait until after I have a chat with my fiancé. If T’ryn happens to be visiting when we arrive, you can take your devilishly handsome brother out for celebratory juice.” It was almost charming how neither bronzerider seemed inclined to indulge in alcohol, though K’dar was finally warming up to a mixed drink or two after a lot of testing.

T’ryn knew about the odd situation they were in but Yfris wanted to have a private chat with Cazan first. Discuss the baby and fathers and what to do about any of it. Both bronzeriders were clever in their own ways and their view on the situation could help later on but he’d simply rather not have a breakdown in front of them.

"Still didn't need to know," K'dar grumbled softly under his breath. Though he supposed that was a relief at least. As much as he wanted to keep tabs on his siblings and know what they were up to, he was finding that there were a lot of details he really would rather not know about. The last sort of bonding he needed to have with a sibling was over someone they had both slept with.

He was back to blushing again as Yfris climbed into his lap. For a moment he faltered, unsure of what to say. Honestly he had been looking forward to being lured and seduced by the lordling, it was something he enjoyed more than he cared to admit, but he'd been ready to abandon that notion when the visit to Fort had been suggested. Now he was stuck on the idea again and nodded. "I can be patient."

K'dar thought about the planned distraction in case his brother was there and asked, "Is it a secret that you're visiting at all? Am I dragging him out to drinks so that you can sneak in once we're gone?" He wasn't sure that he liked the idea of trying to deceive his brother like that, but this seemed the sort of thing that would just be naturally clandestine and conspiratorial. And it wasn't like he was sneaking in some stranger or hated enemy to be with T'ryn's girlfriend, just her fiance to have a chat.

He found he'd loosely wrapped an arm around Yfris and gave a nervous swallow before patting the man. "Either way, we should probably get going soon before it gets too late and Cazan tries to punch us or something."

“Good man,” Yfris gave him a quick kiss as a reward for being patient—though it was probably more of a punishment as he teased what was coming later on. K’dar was a good playmate with how eager and cooperative he always was and Yfris did his best not to abuse that. He supposed asking to suddenly be suddenly whisked away to Fort so soon after their get together started may have counted but he didn’t do such things regularly and it was for a good reason this time.

“Of course not. T’ryn is just far too distracting. It’s hard to think with those blue eyes to gaze into. Put the two of you in the same room and I’d be utterly hopeless and lose my way with my tongue and no one would ever want that.” He gave a mischievous grin and a little eyebrow waggle to really bring home the double entendre. The whiskey had really helped to set him to sorts once more and Yfris was feeling slightly more balanced now that he was flirting again and not a complete ball of stress.

He got up when K’dar suggested they get moving but looked back at his friend with a curious expression. “Why would Cazan ever try to punch either of us?” There was a high chance it could have happened with the accidental drugging of her and Kordiavis but they seemed to think it a better punishment to deny him the threesome he had almost had before they discovered what happened. It wasn’t his fault! Cazan knew how he labelled things and she shouldn’t have let people rummage through her cupboards unsupervised. It was terribly irresponsible of her.

“Anyway, let me grab my outerwear and I’ll be ready for our first ride of the night,” he grinned again and sauntered off to his closet.

K'dar smiled at the kiss, nodding as his thoughts wandered to the sorts of rewards Yfris liked to provide. He realized that part of him liked how demanding the lordling could be of him, either in the bedroom or of his time in general. He also liked how direct Kat was turning out to be as well and he briefly wondered if he should introduce the two of them but quickly pushed the idea out of his mind. That would probably end up where he wasn't sure he wanted to go quite yet.

Hearing Yfris talk about T'ryn's eyes was an oddly welcome distraction from that line of thought. He was starting to learn to not always take the lordling's flirtations to seriously so he just scoffed. "I don't know about gazing into his eyes, but a lot of ladies fancied him so you're probably not alone there. And I'm sure you'd be able to resist yourself at least a little bit. At least wait until he's not around before trying to torture me like that." At least he seemed to be calming down a little bit, K'dar thought to himself.

"I'll make sure Tiberuth is ready for us to go, just meet me outside when you're ready." He stood up and pulled his coat back on before heading out.

By the time he was dressed for the trip between, Yfris was back to worrying that he was the father or that Cazan would claim he was for some reason. He doubted she would but it was hard to guess anything now that he was dipping his toes in the Weyr. Nothing made sense anymore! Maybe it was just this fairly fake engagement throwing him off. Or maybe this was his punishment for entertaining it more than Cazan was. Either way, he needed to see his darling fiancé and sort things out.

He greeted Tiberuth and thanked the dragon for taking him to Fort on such short notice. He was raised with manners and knew how to use him contrary to what some believed. When they arrived he spotted a bronze curled up on the ledge and knew T’ryn was around. Syrendryth rose to give Tiberuth space to land and Yfris dismounted with his usual lack of perfect grace. Horses were much easier to get on and off of but dragons were much more efficient and the view, while absolutely terrifying the first couple of times, was stunning and made the struggle worth it.

“Cazzy darling!” Yfris called as he entered her weyr in way of announcing his presence. Syrendryth had probably already alerted them but he was still treated to the delicious sight of T’ryn and Cazan doing the tongue tango with at least one hand unaccounted for as it was under a shirt. “Oh that is just unfair. I actually come for a chat and you’re practically begging me to strip and join in. But if you insist.” Yfris removed his jacket and tossed it on a chair but didn’t remove anything else. Partly due to the glares but mostly due to knowing that nothing was about to happen and he really did want that chat to get it over with and move on with life once more.

RE: 741.12.17 | Good News! - Cazan - 18.Dec.20

T'ryn had tried to mumble some sort of warning, but Cazan had willfully silenced it with a small nip and the press of her tongue against his. She'd had a nice soothing bath earlier, managed to keep down some fruit in addition to her toast and tea, and was now trying to indulge in a different appetite. She only barely heard the sound of a dragon landing on the ledge outside and she brushed it off as just Syrendryth moving around to get comfortable. But then she heard her fiance's far too enthusiastic voice.

She should have known he would be coming and she pulled back away from T'ryn with a disgruntled sigh to glare at Yfris. She was going to snap at him when K'dar also walked in and gave them a smile and a wave. "Hello! Congratulations again! T'ryn, we should go get some juice and maybe some snacks to celebrate. And plan that fishing trip I'm going to take you on."

Cazan really wanted to object but T'ryn just rolled his eyes, whispered a soft reminder not to kill her fiance, and abandoned her to go spend time with his brother after she relented and told them to have fun. She was still quite irritated, her earlier combative mood returning and she stood up, walked straight for Yfris and gave him a solid (but far from her hardest punch) across his cheek. "Do not blame me for letting people into my cabinets when you put things in there without telling me!"

But I like Yfris! Oh wait, is this like the fight with Kor'is? Will there be wrestling later? I don't think he can win the game until after your hatching. Cazan stopped to rub her temples as she scowled. "That's not.... Mal... dammit. No." Yfris started to blather on in shock about the punch and she rolled her eyes. "Oh hush. Now what did you want to talk about?" She knew exactly what he wanted to talk about, but she was finding it so much more satisfying to draw that out at the moment.

Yfris was used to glares and some whining and even bitching. He wasn’t used to getting hit. He sensed danger a moment before a fist connected with his face and he stumbled back and clutched his cheek. “What the fuck, Cazzy?! You punched me! I can’t believe you punched me. K’dar said there was a chance but fuck! You hit me!” He’d seen men get slapped and punched when he frequented a tavern but he’d never been on the receiving end of either and it hurt! And now she was hushing him! And this was over the damn drugs she couldn’t keep track of?

“I thought you were over that,” he whined, stumbling past her to the couch where he dropped down dramatically. “Look, I’m sorry you were both accidentally drugged but you can’t argue with the results. He’s a good fuck, right? Have you sampled him some more since?” He continued rubbing at the impact site as if that would make the pain go away. Then again, it was probably best that it didn’t go away as it served to remind him not to anger Cazan with her hormones riding her so hard.

“Anyway, should I congratulate you and T’ryn or you and me?” He levelled a flat stare at Cazan, lips pursing into a thin line as best as he could as he held his face. “Were you even going to tell me? Maybe just hope I forgot to visit for the next several months?”

Cazan rolled her eyes. "I was really lucky it went as well as it did because it could have gone much, much worse." She didn't want to respond any further than that. She certainly didn't want to give him the satisfaction of knowing that the man she'd formerly loathed had been promoted to a fuck buddy. Friend with benefits. Whatever term Kor'is liked to use.

Part of her was starting to feel a little bad about the punch though, mostly that she'd enjoyed it as much as she had. But then he was asking about the baby and she felt another spike of emotion. She shook her hand out and flexed her fingers as she scowled again. She didn't know how to answer any of his questions and the guilt over having possibly hit the real father of her child was beginning to sink in.

Cazan went to grab a cloth to soak in cool water, wringing it out before bringing it to Yfris. "Here, hold that on your cheek. I tried not to hit you too hard..." She sighed and plopped down on the couch next to him. "I don't know. Maybe. Near as I can tell it could be you, it could be T'ryn, or it might even be G'nen. And... I would have told you eventually. T'ryn only found out a week ago, and I didn't find out much before that."

Cazan leveled a stare at Yfris, studying her fiance for a moment before asking, "What do you want to do? And no, I haven't told my mother yet."

He eyed her distrustfully for a moment but then took the cloth and set it to his cheek and sighed at the brief relief that came. It would have to do. Or maybe, “a bottle of alcohol wouldn’t be amiss right now if you have it.” But as Cazan sat down beside him, Yfris suspected he wouldn’t be getting anything. He really wanted something and not just for the pain.

He sighed, mostly in relief at hearing that there was a third contender for daddy. Still, he was frustrated and he couldn’t tell who to direct it at. “Damnit, Cazzy. There are drugs to help stop you from getting pregnant, you know. I almost gave you a vial after the first hook up. It was in my hand and I put it back because I had been told days earlier that there were methods in the Weyr that always worked so I figured you knew them.” She had certainly known what she was doing during sex to give the impression that she also knew what to do afterwards.
“K’dar told me T’ryn is claiming to be the father and that suits me just fine. I don’t want to be a father and we both know I would be terrible at it anyway.” It was the truth. He was irresponsible, self-absorbed, often high or drunk, and loved sex and parties too much to focus on a child. “As to your mother… fuck me if I can figure out the best strategy.” He sighed again and rested his head in his free palm.

He stopped putting the cloth on his cheek to shift to rubbing his temples. Was he getting a headache from being punched or from trying to sort through the mess his life was becoming? “If it’s T’ryn’s, I can try to say you’re unfaithful and call it off but it also shows you’re capable of giving me children. If we say it’s mine, your mother does a happy dance all the way to our hand-fasting.” They couldn’t win against that woman. She was determined and it didn’t matter what obstacles she came upon.

Cazan ignored his plea for alcohol, at least for the moment. She turned a shade red at his scolding, feeling embarrassed all over again at her own contribution to this mess. "Mal wouldn't let me fly with anyone else for a trip between... Though I'd be lying if I didn't admit I fucked up and it slipped my mind a little. So there... I'm sorry for getting us into this mess."

She nodded, the faintest smile gracing her lips as he mentioned T'ryn claiming the child as his own. She really was so incredibly lucky to have the bronzerider. It occurred to Cazan that Yfris didn't have such support as far as she knew. She frowned as she studied him and listened to him go on about her mother, and how the relentless woman would find her own positive no matter how they tried to spin it.

"T'ryn is a wonderful man and I hope the baby is his, even if he would claim it no matter what. And I really want to be selfish and not care about anyone else, but... I want to help you. I just don't know how. Even if you weren't my occasionally infuriating fiance you are a friend." And she did enjoy the sex and his company in general in small doses.

Cazan got up to go walk into the kitchen and grabbed a half full bottle of wine she didn't have the stomach to finish anymore, passing it over to Yfris before rejoining him on the couch. She leaned against him slightly, no longer quite so angry. "So, where do we want to be in the end, and can we figure out how to use this pregnancy to get us there?"

RE: 741.12.17 | Good News! - Yfris - 19.Dec.20

Yfris mumbled his thanks when a bottle appeared before him. He didn’t even care what type of wine it was as he took a long drink from it. He felt a moment’s regret at the way he treated the beverage but he needed a quick buzz to help dull the pain and clear his head so he could think better. He automatically wrapped an arm around Cazan when she leaned against him to hold her closer as he mulled over her question. “I quite like where we are—before the punching, anyway. And I must admit I don’t find the idea of marrying you to be quite so appalling. You’re great in bed and you don’t mind that I bed others. It’s a rather ideal situation, honestly.”

But… there was always a but and Yfris took another drink. “But, even if you were a greenrider, you wouldn’t be able to live in a Hold so I would have to give up my perfectly charming life to live in the Weyr and quite possibly do work. These hands weren’t made for such menial tasks, Cazzy.” Yfris wiggled his fingers from where they rested on her shoulder as the other hand was busy clutching the almost empty bottle. Correction, empty bottle as Yfris finished it off and set it aside where he proceeded to stare at the now empty hand.

“Your leaders need to tell her she has no claim on you and to let it drop. My parents will pick the next name on their list and I’ll be wed soon enough.” From a headache to a nightmare. Yfris had no desire to marry and feared who he would end up with but he did laugh when the most absurd idea struck him. “We could always stick your brother in a dress and I’ll marry him. We can borrow your kid when needed.”

RE: 741.12.17 | Good News! - Cazan - 19.Dec.20

"My brother in a dress, now that's an idea," Cazan said with a soft laugh. "Though, I've tried to get him to do that before so that I could skip out on a dinner and get some work done. He wasn't keen on that idea at all, so I'm not sure he'd be really into this one. Besides, once she thinks she's married me off she'll probably try for him next and then he'll have to pull double duty being me and himself..."

She thought back over the possibility of him moving to the Weyr. "You would have to do something if you moved in with me, but maybe you could help with the records. It would be awfully boring though. Or try to be some sort of... ambassador. I don't know how that would even work." Caz had a feeling that any work at all would grate at the man though, even if it was the less physical sort like updating records and counting the stores.

Cazan really wasn't sure how to help Yfris. Even if he got married to a proper lady without a dragon he'd probably end up having some other terrible work to do. "You'd end up having to do some sort of work eventually if you married some other lord's daughter right? So I suppose it's a matter of which work you find to be easier." She added as a joke, "I don't see why we have to live together just because we're married. Just visit on occasion. Or find a nice man to marry who will pamper you and really scandalize everyone."

Damn. Cazan had a point about her brother. He supposed they could live together but Cazelarias would likely end up with some extremely proper and uptight woman that wouldn’t even pretend to go along with their grand scheme. It was a ridiculous option anyway but Yfris crossed it off the mental list of ways to deal with Lady Zanela. And then Cazan was throwing more ice water on his dreams mentioning he would definitely have to work, even if it was just paperwork. He groaned and twisted to bury his face—unpunched side down—against Cazan’s neck, “You are destroying the last hopes I have, Cazzy. I don’t appreciate that.”

He continued to sulk but was contemplating the travel idea that he had toyed with before. His parents wouldn’t mind if he didn’t live with his wife full time since they could use him around the Hold for whatever tickled their fancy that day. And then he was chuckling and gave her neck a little nibble. “You are wicked, my dear. Imagine the power couple we could have been as we ruled a Hold. Both clever, sassy, wicked, and of course, sexy.” Though if he married a man, he really would be moving to a Weyr as he’d be disowned and kicked out of Misty Hold. But a life of being pampered would be nice.

“Shall I work out how to be an ambassador of sorts and work on my penmanship?” Since he was already nibbling, Yfris continued up the neck and gave a light nip to Cazan’s earlobe. “We can be married by the end of the turn and your mother will leave us alone.” It seemed like giving in was the best option and he’d just have to figure out the laziest and easiest way to be her husband after that.

Cazan gently gave his arm a pat. "Sorry for destroying your hopes, Iffy, but have you ever considered having hopes that were much less easy to crush? Sometimes you just make it so easy." She smirked a little at that. Once upon a time she would have found his dedicated laziness frustrating if not outright infuriating. As it was, Mal had taught her a great deal of patience and how to be more tolerant of things she couldn't control.

The nibbling at her neck led to her gently tilting her head as she sighed. "Me? I'm not wicked. You're clearly the wicked one here trying to figure out how you can live your laziest life. Which to me sounds almost like more work than just accepting you'll have to do something. And I would probably be horrible at running a Hold, you know that. Mal might like it though, all people coming to admire her so that the could babble at them and tell them stories and show off her flying."

She squirmed as the nibbled continued, hissing softly. "And speaking of wicked here you are trying to take advantage of a pregnant woman's cravings... and I would much rather be married to T'ryn if I'm honest... I just... that's not a thing they do in Weyrs, or so everyone keeps saying. I'd still want to keep him, I'd still want him to be the father, and I don't think I'd want to hide him even if you and I got married."

“What am I if not lazy and wicked?” He knew he could get away with nibbling some more but Yfris sighed and sat up. He was only half into his attempts at seduction anyway. Knowing he had cultivated his persona too well and had everyone easily believing he was lazy and useless was a bit of a buzzkill at times, it seemed. He truly did lack in any skill that people would find useful and he knew he’d rely on other people to run a Hold if someone was stupid enough to put him in charge of one but it was all really becoming obvious now. He wasn’t even marriage material to the woman that dressed as her brother and ran away to a Weyr and accidentally Impressed.

“Trust me, darling, I’m aware I can’t compete with T’ryn. I doubt I would want to anyway. You’re adorable with how in love the two of you are and that’s simply not for me. The marriage would be in title only… and give me a new title, I suppose. Yfris, second son sometimes of Misty Hold and husband to Cazan of gold Malvayth.” It was a good thing his personality was loud enough to keep his own identity strong with that mouthful. The change in status didn’t even truly bother him since he had never taken his duties as seriously as his brother did. But again, he was getting a wakeup call he didn’t want.

“I would never come between the two of you--unless it was sandwiched between you in bed, let’s be honest—and I think even your mother would accept you having a lover out in the open. You are of the Weyr now.”

"If you weren't lazy and wicked then you'd figure something out with this marriage or already be married," Cazan said as she turned slightly to wrap her arms around him in a hug. Even if he'd stopped trying to seduce her she wanted to at least get a cuddle out of the man. "Though I don't think you're really all that wicked."

She smiled as she rested her head against him. "I appreciate that. Now we just need to convince my mother..." Cazan sighed. "Fighting her shouldn't be this hard. So, I'd be Cazan of Gold Malvayth, wife to Yfris the second son of Misty Hold, with my not so secret lover T'ryn of Bronze Syrendryth. Mal would love showing off her flying talents for the people there, and if anyone ever gave you trouble she'd probably think it was funny to roar and be scary. Especially considering that's what got her grounded, scaring the kitchen staff near to death."

Cazan smirked as she added, "And I've been trying to get him warmed up to the idea of a threesome just for you. Though it seems like you might already have a bronzerider? At least I'm assuming you're sleeping with K'dar. Does he know how much you're pining for his brother?" She couldn't help but tease him a little about it, even though she didn't think Yfris would be ashamed at all.

He could be plenty wicked and if she ever went to one of his special parties, he’d show her but Yfris refrained from mentioning that. He was too focused on how she hadn’t taken his offer to go along with the marriage seriously. It was the easiest path and would give them some breathing room once more and he’d figure out where he fit into everything later on. But he would figure out the marriage thing, he silently promised but didn’t give voice to the vow. He was the one with the abundance of free time and easier access to their parents and anyone else he needed to consult while she was the one in weyrling classes with a pregnant dragon while also pregnant.

Yfris laughed when Cazan tried to cheer him up and tease him by mentioning K’dar and he easily latched onto the topic. “Of course I’m sleeping with K’dar. I’ve known him for more than ten minutes after all. And he knows now. Let’s see… I believe I called T’ryn his devilishly handsome brother and mentioned something about his blue eyes being very distracting. Oh, and offered to join you both on this couch when we arrived.” Had K’dar minded? Yfris hadn’t been too focused on the bronzerider’s reactions at the time as he was chugging whiskey and fretting about a baby. No, he felt like K’dar was fine with the flirting and probably didn’t take him seriously.

“It’s what Tazikel and I did with his sister days before meeting him that K’dar might murder me over. So be a dear and don’t mention that.” He probably shouldn’t have said anything to begin with but he wouldn’t be Yfris if he didn’t say something scandalous regularly.

Cazan laughed softly. "Just try not to be too mean to him. He's practically my brother in law so I'll have to come to his defense if you break his heart." That turned her laugh into a soft snort and she quickly apologized. "Sorry, sorry... I know it's casual, whatever it is you have going on. I'm glad you're having fun at least. And I won't mention his sister, after all I would be quite upset if you ended up murdered."

At least Yfris seemed to be in a better mood, or at the very least he could still laugh. Cazan tilted her head to get a look at his cheek to see if a bruise was going to form or not. "I'm sorry for hitting you earlier, and I'm sorry for not telling you sooner. I'll keep you updated on how things go... and I'll think a little bit about the marriage thing. Hopefully we can figure something out that isn't too disruptive to our lives."

She glanced towards the door, wondering how much longer the brothers would be out for. "How long are you planning to stay for? I can try to bring up that you're still lusting after him again but I don't think T'ryn would be up for anything really exciting while his brother's here. Though if you want, I can go visit Mal on the sands with T'ryn while you and K'dar have a bit of fun. Unless you're going back to his place after this."

Yfris wrinkled his nose at the reminder that he had been hit and that it was still sore but the sass had mostly been knocked out of him so he merely shrugged. “I’m sure I deserved it,” he sighed before continuing on like a mature adult, “I’m sorry I didn’t tell you I restocked you and put it all away. I’ll write the full names on anything else I bring you from now on.” Taking responsibility left an odd taste in his mouth—but it also could have been the mediocre wine Cazan gave him.

“We’ll leave once they return. We’re currently testing his patience as I promised I’d get back to seducing him into bed once we returned to Misty Hold. Though that’s very generous and perhaps somewhat kinky of you to offer up your space for us.” Yfris knew he liked Cazan for more than the sex. She was also willing to help him get laid by others! Definitely the perfect wife. “When you do convince T’ryn to have me along, send him to pick me up so we don’t have to worry about awkward brothers. Having your sibling near must be terribly mood-killing.”