World of Pern
[G] [P] [EVENT] 741.12.07 | No Rest for the Wicked - Printable Version

+- World of Pern (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Ista Weyr Boundaries (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=143)
+--- Forum: Ista Weyr (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=144)
+--- Thread: [G] [P] [EVENT] 741.12.07 | No Rest for the Wicked (/showthread.php?tid=4747)

741.12.07 | No Rest for the Wicked - V'lis - 07.Dec.20

Corvilis couldn't sleep. Between the tease he'd gotten from Zelly earlier before they had been interrupted (and she never did come back to finish like she said she would!) and the snoring from a neighboring cot he had decided to give up and sneak outside for a walk. Hopefully being out in the open air under the stars would help him at least cool off enough that he could try to get some sleep. He wasn't sure how long he'd been walking for when he thought he heard something. It was a distant, musical sort of sound, though with the whisper of the breeze he wasn't sure if it was a song, someone humming, or an instrument being played. Either way, it was bound to be more interesting than wandering aimlessly.

His feet carried him idly on until he found the source of the noise, a dark haired woman out and about on her own. He wasn't exactly in the mood to be chatty, but it was at least something to do while he lurked about in the night. Corv walked over, grunting just loud enough to try to catch her attention without startling her. He knew better than to trust people could hear his habitually quiet walk. "Hey. I'm Corv. You couldn't sleep either?"

RE: 741.12.07 | No Rest for the Wicked - Meryem - 07.Dec.20

"Meryem. Some nights are like that," she said quietly. "Usually, I work on instruments, make new ones. My minor vacation here sees me without those usual creature comforts. Harper, assigned to Telgar, which is fairly frosty even compared to Fort."

She took a long swallow of klah and shrugged.

"It's definitely warmer here."

RE: 741.12.07 | No Rest for the Wicked - V'lis - 08.Dec.20

"Oh a harper? Huh." Not something Corvilis was expecting from the woman. The fact that she was from Telgar explained why he didn't recognize her. Not that he claimed to know everyone in the Weyr, but he would have expected her face to have been a little familiar at least. "Is it that much colder? I only went up for the hatching a bit ago and it didn't seem that cold yet. The weather around here is nice enough usually. A bit hot during the summer, but that just means people wear less."

Corvilis chuckled at that. It was one of the nicer parts of living in the Weyr as far as he was concerned. Some of the girls like to wear very, very skimpy outfits and there were more than enough shirtless men who liked a good time as well to ogle. "So, how do you like it up in Telgar other than it being cold? Anything interesting going on up there or just... snow and singing or something?"

RE: 741.12.07 | No Rest for the Wicked - Meryem - 08.Dec.20

"Feels it," she said, thinking about it. "Nights get kind of nippy to me. At Fort's Gather I went and got myself a few more furs. If I was going to spend marks, I figured I'd get some crafted blankets and some of the nicer furs."

There was a pfft of cold air from between and Ling Ling circled, chattering away. Meryem caught images of lots of firelizards cuddling up for the evening, wild ones, and laughed.

"Ling, here would prefer if our assignment was here. More friends."

RE: 741.12.07 | No Rest for the Wicked - V'lis - 08.Dec.20

"So more furs, fewer fire lizards... glad I didn't impress while I was up there. Sounds boring." Corv dug through his pockets to pull out his smoking pipe and after getting it lit settled into a few puffs. Hopefully he'd get his dragon soon so he could really get somewhere. There were a couple of hatchings in Fort soon enough, and from what he remembered of the Gather he wouldn't hate the area while he got settled into life with a dragon. He figured he should probably not just be a quiet creep in the middle of the night so he started to think aloud. "Hopefully it happens soon. Then I can really get somewhere. Though, at least this beats the dead end apprenticeship I was in before. It's not some asshole stopping the dragons, just need to find the right egg first."

He took a few more puffs on his pipe as he eyed the green firelizard. He gestured towards her, "I've got two. A green and a blue, probably sleeping right now. Have you taught yours any useful tricks yet? She still looks a bit young."