World of Pern
[G] [P] 741.11.28 | Musical Request - Printable Version

+- World of Pern (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Ista Weyr Boundaries (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=143)
+--- Forum: Ista Weyr (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=144)
+--- Thread: [G] [P] 741.11.28 | Musical Request (/showthread.php?tid=4733)

741.11.28 | Musical Request - Je'ler - 28.Nov.20

Je'ler was busy with his wine, doing one of the more time intensive early parts of the process where he was mashing and mixing different berries and fruits together and doing some other stuff that Isperinath could never quite remember. What she did remember was that he would be busy and distracted for a while and wouldn't nose about her business. She flew off to find B'kit and Erebuth, landing gently near them with a soft musical croon in greeting.

As much as she loved Je'ler and his off key singing, the green couldn't deny that she appreciated listening to someone with genuine talent and skill. B'kit had such a sweet voice, and he was willing to indulge her fondness for romantic songs, a treat that her rider actively objected to. Isper gave B'kit a gentle brush of her tail before she circled around to curl up with Erebuth. How are you feeling today? she gently asked the blue dragon.

Isper tried not to fret and fuss too much over him, but she just couldn't help at least asking that simple question. She was always hopeful that he would be having a good day, and that one good day would cascade into others. Until then she would be there to cuddle him while she listened to his rider sing. Once she was settled and comfortable (and had made sure that Erebuth was comfortable too) she turned her attention to B'kit to ask him, Could you sing something for me, B'kit?

RE: 741.11.28 | Musical Request - B'kit - 03.Dec.20

Isperinath is looking for us. Should I let her know where we are? Kitt looked up from the harness he had been decorating and smiled. “Go ahead. A bit of music will go well with this weather.” They were perched on one of the small plateaus nestled outside the weyrbowl overlooking the forest, enjoying the sun and a fresh breeze. He ran through a few brief scales and waved as he saw Isperinath circle to land. “It’s nice to see you. Is Je’ler neglecting you, lovely one?” It was said with a teasing tone, knowing she was likely after music her rider wouldn’t indulge her with.

Tired, but better now you’re here to curl up with, Erebuth replied; he liked Isperinath, especially since she enjoyed his rider’s singing. The blue was altogether too thin, but his color was at least good. And he didn’t let anything dampen his spirits--though the ego boosts from so many pretty greens cuddling him recently certainly helped.

“I’m always happy to sing for you, Isperirnath,” B’kit assured her, smiling fondly at the sight before snuggling up with the two dragons. “Any particular requests?” He got the harness and tools back out while she thought, then began to sing one of her favorite romantic songs.

RE: 741.11.28 | Musical Request - Je'ler - 03.Dec.20

He always neglects me, Isperinath said in agreement, hamming things up for the pair's benefit. Never any nice and sweet romantic songs, only loud things about drinking. For added dramatic flair, the green let her head fall back to rest on Erebuth's body. She knew no one would take her joking complaints seriously, least of all Je'ler, and that was fine by her. Just because he didn't share her taste in music didn't mean that they didn't love each other. But it didn't mean she couldn't sass him about it.

And just like she sassed him, she was sure that he would tease her and gripe at B'kit about "putting fool ideas" into her head. Every time Je'ler did see fit to mention the singing to B'kit it was always with a new wine skin or bottle to make sure the young man knew it wasn't anything to take seriously. For now Isper considered if she had any requests. The one about the dancers? Or anything sweet that you or Erebuth like.

She let out a soft pleased croon as she shifted her weight to cuddle back up with the blue, enjoying the cuddles. Too bad B'kit already had a mate, or she would have considered seeing if Erebuth would be up for chasing her the next time she flew.

RE: 741.11.28 | Musical Request - B'kit - 04.Dec.20

B’kit stifled a chuckle at her antics, tsking in mock astonishment at the pretend neglect. “How terrible. I’ll have to talk with him about that next time I see him.” Erebuth played along with the game, throwing a small wing over the green as if in consolation. They all settled in as B’kit began to sing, first the lively song about dancers she’d requested, then others, mixing in a variety of favorites.

It was a good excuse to practice again; he’d been neglecting it for the past few days, more focused on the upcoming graduation and the gathering with friends they’d planned for afterwards. It was hard to believe it was finally here; that they were mere days from being fully fledged riders.

Hearing Isper start to hum along, Erebuth picked up the songs as well, adding his own low harmony. Kitt grinned, wondering if he could get others to join in, or maybe a firelizard. Nutty had been spending time with Corvilis’s pair lately, and was probably with them or back in Erebuth’s weyr sleeping, but the brown would probably be game to try if Erebuth explained the idea.

RE: 741.11.28 | Musical Request - Je'ler - 04.Dec.20

As much as Isperinath enjoyed the silly enthusiasm that Je'ler sang with, she couldn't deny that it was much nicer to listen to someone who could actually sing. It was also much nicer to sing along to in her own way. The green's tail gently swished in time with the music, occasionally reaching far enough to brush against B'kit's leg, other times just giving Erebuth a gentle stroke along his handsome blue hide.

Maybe one day she would find another other musically inclined rider who might finally manage to get Je'ler to stop running away. Then he could try to be happy with someone else, and if she was lucky maybe that rider would have a nice handsome blue or brown or even a bronze for her to snuggle as well.

That was unlikely to happen, as much as she wanted to try to help her rider find someone he was just too stubborn, and Isper hadn't found anyone else equally stubborn to try to put up with him. So for now she was happy to cuddle with Erebuth, happy that he enjoyed their cuddles as much as she did. Maybe he'd still chase her one day, and at least Je'ler wouldn't be so grumpy about her wanting to cuddle up afterwards since he'd know B'kit was already attached to someone else. Isperinath's tail twitched again at the idea and she gave the blue a nuzzle. Found any greens you fancy or found worth chasing?

RE: 741.11.28 | Musical Request - B'kit - 12.Dec.20

Erebuth loved the cuddles whenever he could get them, and so many of their friends were happy to oblige. There was just something nice about curling up with another dragon, sharing their warmth. But Isperinath was one of his favorites because she loved to hear B’kit sing.

I’d have chased Siolilth but B’kit wouldn’t let me. He’s so strange; he’s mates with her rider. It would have been fun. Erebuth sighed and nuzzled Isperinath back. You don’t think I’m too small to chase, do you? I bet I could outfly half the brutish browns and blues that chase in any given Flight.

B’kit hid a smile, hearing some of their conversation as neither dragon seemed particularly interested in keeping it secret. Erebuth’s determination was half the reason he’d held the blue back. The last thing he needed was for the young dragon to injure something trying to prove he was better than a brown. But there was no harm in a little flirtation.

RE: 741.11.28 | Musical Request - Je'ler - 12.Dec.20

Isper gave the little blue a nuzzle. No, not too small at all. I bet you could even catch me if you chased. She was almost twice his size, but that didn't seem to be a problem as far as she was concerned. I like that you're not so big. It's nice to curl up with you. She considered for a moment and decided that if Erebuth ever did give chase she'd have him catch her at least once. Even if Je'ler wouldn't like B'kit (or vice versa), she liked Erebuth enough to put up with the sass. She wasn't always able to pick out her suitors so precisely, but she could pull it off often enough that she was confident.

She shifted her head slightly so she could study B'kit for a moment. Hopefully if his blue ever did decide to chase he wouldn't be meddlesome and try to interrupt their nice post flight cuddles. He didn't seem the type who would do such a thing though, not impatient, not grumpy like Je'ler. Maybe for her next fight she'd make sure they were still in Ista instead of just surprising Je'ler out at some other Weyr as she continued her search to find him a nice mate.