World of Pern
[G] [C] 741.11.24 | Brotherly Disappointment - Printable Version

+- World of Pern (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Ista Weyr Boundaries (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=143)
+--- Forum: Ista Weyr (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=144)
+--- Thread: [G] [C] 741.11.24 | Brotherly Disappointment (/showthread.php?tid=4729)

741.11.24 | Brotherly Disappointment - K'dar - 27.Nov.20

K'dar allowed himself to be irritated again as they popped out of between into the skies over Ista Weyr. He was more disappointed in himself than anything else, he was the older brother after all, he was the one who was supposed to be keeping an eye on his sister and making sure she stayed out of trouble. Instead he had to hear... things from someone else. This was what he got for not visiting as much as he should have.

He guided Tiberuth to land on A'tay's ledge, because while he was here he might as well also spend time with his younger brother later on and make sure nothing had gone sideways there too. At least T'ryn seemed to have things in hand, but he was also in the same Weyr so maybe that had something to do with it. Tiberuth let out a displeased grumble as he landed, and K'dar chided him, "It wasn't his fault. If anything it was mine. I punched him and... well Cazan didn't like that and I can't blame her."

It wasn't enough to completely satisfy the dragon, but at least Tiber didn't say anything as he settled to stretch out and soak in the sun. It looked like A'tay was out for the moment, but hopefully Mylorah would be there soon. K'dar had sent them both word that he was coming to visit and to meet them here. He walked into the kitchen and after going through the pots and pans managed to get some klah brewing while he waited for his sister.

RE: 741.11.24 | Brotherly Disappointment - Mylorah - 27.Nov.20

Mylorah dashed through the halls to A'tay's weyr. She didn't think she was running too late but she had been distracted by a friend and she knew K'dar's ability to be punctual for anything would still make her feel late even if she was there first. She didn't bother knocking as she was expected and slipped inside without much fanfare. She heard someone in the kitchen and headed in that direction, expecting to find A'tay working on his new hobby.

Instead she found the other brother and sighed dramatically. "Of course you're already here and making klah." As some things changed, it was nice knowing K'dar was still predictable. She skipped around the counter and waited just long enough for him to have free hands before going in for a tight hug.

"I missed you, big bro," she gave him a kiss to the cheek when she finally released him and gave him a good look over. It hadn't been that long since she last saw him when she stayed in Telgar for the Hatching but they had always been close until he Impressed and the distance was felt. "You're looking good but," she peeked into the pot and frowned, "I also notice you're making a lot of klah. You either forgot A'tay doesn't like it or you're planning to feed your addiction which has me worried. You do that when you're stressed. Is everything okay?" Mylorah took his hand in hers and waited for the bad news as she tried to keep a brave face. It had been the two of them for so long that they relied on each other and always tried to be strong for one another. Even with T'ryn bringing them into the family and finding their own paths since moving North, she'd never leave K'dar to face something alone.

RE: 741.11.24 | Brotherly Disappointment - K'dar - 27.Nov.20

K'dar couldn't help but smile as his sister came in for the hug and he partially lifted her off the ground for a moment as he returned it with a grin. "Hey! I missed you too. And don't you worry about the klah, I just like how it tastes." And maybe he needed the extra little boost to brace him for his conversation. Either way he insisted, "I'm fine, just a bit... concerned." He poured a cup for himself and his sister then moved to sit at the table so he could collect his thoughts while he sipped.

Starting the conversation was the hardest part. Should he just jump into it and get it over with or try to warm up to it a bit first? Better to just get it over with probably. "So... I was spending some time with a friend of mine, having dinner, and I found out that there have been some... rumors about you."

He did his best to hide his frown behind his cup, but his eyebrows were furrowed enough that it didn't help much. "Mylo, you need to be careful about who you pick as friends. You're a wonderful person and I love you but there are a lot of people who would just take advantage of you." Especially evil and terrible lordlings and holdfolk, but he wasn't about to say that just yet.

Concerned? Mylorah frowned and followed him to sit, klah cradled in her hands as she sat down cross-legged on the chair. Despite all of the events Tazikel brought her to, she still had yet to bring home all the lady-like customs and just adjusted her short dress to keep covered. She blew on her drink and rolled her eyes as K’dar brought up rumours. So? She tried to befriend everyone and not make enemies but sometimes a person or two simply resisted her attempts. So what if they talked about her? She really wasn’t that far above that either given how much she loved gossiping with Sh’ran.

As she wondered what her brother had heard to make him so concerned for her, he continued on, not making a lot of sense. Why would a friend spread rumours about her and who would want to take advantage of her? With a sigh she set the mug down without taking a sip and gave her brother a flat look. “K’dar… just spit it out. You know I hate figuring out what you’re trying to elude to. I have no idea why you’re suddenly worried about my friends or who you think would take advantage of me. I’m also a bit offended that you think that could even happen.” She had some ditzy moments, it was true, but Mylorah was confident she’d know if someone was playing her. K’dar’s budding paranoia made her think he’d get along great with F’drel…

Oh no.

“You’re not talking about the Weyrs, are you?” She narrowed her eyes at K’dar, some pieces connecting but not enough to know what he knew and how. She sure as heck wasn’t going to offer more information than he already knew so he could use it against her. “Who is your friend, brother dearest? What have they been saying?”

K'dar had to admit that his sister's care-free nature was sometimes quite frustrating, especially when it seemed to directly fight his attempts to keep her safe. He felt almost like an ass sometimes, but someone had to think to worry! And he didn't want to just spit it out, even just the thought of a bunch of lordlings taking advantage and having their way with her left a taste in his mouth that the klah was having trouble removing. And then she narrowed her eyes at him and he found himself suspecting that there was definitely reason for him to worry.

"No, I'm not talking about the Weyrs," K'dar said with a small huff before taking a soothing sip of his drink. "And my friend is Yfris if that matters very much, though I suppose you know him too. He certainly mentioned that you were quite charming." Among other things. Sure his friend had backpedaled well enough that he was sure the lordling hadn't meant anything mean by it, but still. If he'd heard something... K'dar shook his head. "Lordlings and their ilk are just bad news, Mylo. You deserve so much better than all of that. I just worry and want to make sure that you're safe, and staying out of trouble. And trust me, they are definitely trouble."

He set down his cup to study her with a serious frown. "Do I need to go fight anyone for you? Because you know I will. And I'll also be visiting more because this is just as much my fault for not being there for you as often as I should."

“I met Yfris at Benden’s Gather months ago and we met up again at Telgar’s.” When had K’dar met Yfris and how did they become friends? She struggled to think of two people that were as opposites as they were but she also knew that saying about opposites attracting. Yfris was also extremely charming in his own way and while she would have thought that would scare her brother off, maybe he had been too overwhelmed to do anything more than go along with whatever and become friends. She also wanted to know why they were discussing her and what the lordling said. Again, she’d have to walk carefully because she didn’t want K’dar to know how the ladies treated her and most of the lords viewed her.

She wanted to stay silent all together but his big brothering was kicking in and so was his desire to smother her. Annoyance and a hint of anger was rising with each new word he spoke and she set her mouth in a thin line. It seemed like he forgot she wasn’t twelve anymore and he was only eleven months older than her. “You stop that right this instant, Korlindar.” She never used his full name and had almost forgotten it until Tiberuth gave the honorific and she did her best to respect the dragon’s decision and use that name but she felt he would be okay with pulling out the full name to chide him.

“One, you’re only eleven months older than me so stop treating me like I’m still a kid that needs a constant guardian. Two, you’re about eighteen months too late for that warning as I spend time regularly with Tazikel, second son of Tillek Hold and T’ryn ferries us back and forth when needed because he trusts me and Tazikel.” She paused long enough to dither on what else to tell him. On one hand, he was right to worry and she didn’t want to point that out but on the other, he needed to know she could take care of what they were throwing at her.

“And three, I already know what they’re like. I’ve been teased, called names, and accused of sleeping with lords that aren’t paying the catty bitches enough attention because I’m clearly the reason they aren’t getting what they want. So yes, I’m sure you’ve heard all sorts of rumours and I really don’t care what they say since the people that matter don’t believe any of it.” She hoped. Slumping down in the chair, Mylorah picked up her mug again and enjoyed a deep inhale of the enticing scent of klah, using it to steady herself.

“I love you and only want you to trust me. I don’t need you to threaten everyone I know or constantly check up on me.” Honestly, at this rate she wouldn’t be surprised if he demanded she move to Telgar and they could share a two room weyr.

K'dar crossed his arms and leaned back in his chair, scowling as she invoked his full name. "First, eleven months is plenty older. Second, what?! Mylorah!" He stopped, taking a deep breath as he rubbed his temples. "Tell me you're at least smarter than him and being safe? And that you're not just sleeping with everyone?"

That last one hurt him to even say aloud and he sighed, slumping forward to put his head on the table, one hand still cradling his cup of klah. He had been an awful brother to allow himself to get so blindsided in the first part and he wasn't making things any better. If he kept pushing this point then his sister would just"Sorry... I'm sorry. You're just a wonderful person, Mylo. You're my sister and I love you. I worry... and I'm still going to visit a bit more to try to be a better brother, and I'm still going to keep worrying about you and offering to fight anyone you need or want me to. Just be careful okay? I can't just fight every lordling. I'm sure I could probably beat Yfris into a pulp, but I'd rather not. I'm trying to make friends, have goals or something." That and he really did like Yfris, and he'd feel quite bad about having to rough the man up.

With another sigh he stretched out his cup to gently tap against hers. "Anyway, it's good to see you. Tazikel treats you right? I can teach you how to properly hurt him just in case. Teach you to throw a good punch, tell you where to aim."

At first she was satisfied with his reaction, then disappointed that he hadn’t noticed Tazikel in the Stands at the Telgar Hatchings, and then hurt. It didn’t matter that he quickly tried to take it back to some degree with an apology and stating for a second time she was wonderful. Her brother didn’t trust her and thought she was a whore for lords. There was a time she would have been able to laugh it off and tell K’dar to stop worrying and tease him about something silly he’d done instead but realising exactly what a portion of that stuffy world thought of her had messed with her head. She’d had a good cry about it, thought about leaving Tazikel behind, and then decided to beat those bitches at their own game and prove she belonged wherever she wanted to. Their comments didn’t bother her now but coming from family?

She stared at the mugs and K’dar’s attempt to get her to smile or maybe to at least acknowledge him with that little tap before he tried to shift the entire conversation to something he thought resembled jovial. But she couldn’t follow suit as she softly whispered, “Tazikel is a true gentleman. He’s kind and funny and has never looked down on me. His brother’s wife has become a friend and they both put me in these restricting but beautiful dresses to help me belong in the eyes of others yet when he’s here, he doesn’t care about his clothes and sits on the ground with me or lies on the grass as we talk about anything. And he’s a wonderful dancer that makes me forget anyone else is around. I don’t want to learn any ways to hurt him and if I was capable of giving my love to only one person, it would probably be him.” Commitment issues were inherited from her dad and Mylorah didn’t think she’d ever be able to settle down with one person as there were too many people to give her varying forms of love to but Tazikel was at the top of the list of men that could win her heart entirely if he wanted it and she was willing to let go.

“But you won’t believe me. You’re one of the most important people to matter yet you clearly believe the rumours.” She hated how her vision was immediately blurring with tears and she sniffed and looked up at the ceiling to keep them from falling. How could he? It was probably her own fault. She’d always viewed sex as something to enjoy with friends and wasn’t shy about flirting. Of course K’dar would think she’d sleep with every lord that smiled at her since it was practically what she did with friends she made in the Weyr.

K'dar sat back up, frowning and feeling like he'd just punched himself in the gut. His sister was crying, she shouldn't be crying. And worse it was his fault. He had quietly listened when she started to talk about Tazikel, becoming even more worried to hear that she thought so highly of the lordling, and that she cared about him so much. That she was crying was bad enough, worse because it was his fault, but all of that paled in comparison to the fact that she thought he wouldn't believe her.

"Mylo... no. It's not that I believed the rumors... I'm just... I worry. I was upset that there were rumors at all, and I just want to make sure you're safe. I don't really believe you would sleep with everything, it was a stupid thing to even say and I knew it was stupid the moment I said it and if I could take the words back I would." He got up to step around the table and try to pull her into a hug as he kept soothing. "I believe you, Mylo. If you say you care about this guy and that he's wonderful and worth all of the fuss then I will believe you. I won't even threaten to fight him. I want you to be happy because I love you."

K'dar frowned, trying to think of anything to make it better. "What can I do to make this up to you? Maybe I can meet Tazikel in person?" He quickly added, "Not because I don't believe you, just so I can have a chance to get to know him a little better too. Would that be fine?"

RE: 741.11.24 | Brotherly Disappointment - Mylorah - 28.Nov.20

She sat still as her brother pulled her into a hug before finally relenting and wrapping her arms around him as well. This was typical K’dar. He cared too much and was willing to jump in to defend no matter what the issue was or what the risk to himself would be but he wasn’t always the most delicate in handling what he learned. Mylorah blamed it on him being more sensitive than he let on and the way he melted into a puddle of apologies and tried to fix what he had said and implied was always proof of that. Still, it was the first time he had ever doubted her on such a level and it still stung but she was trying to let go so it wouldn’t push them further apart than an Impression had. Not that she blamed Tiberuth for choosing her wonderful brother but couldn’t he have done it in Ista?

Her instinct was to say no, that she didn’t want K’dar anywhere near Tazikel but T’ryn was a friend to the second son and it would hurt K’dar if she didn’t allow him the same chance. But T’ryn had been far more accepting of the friendship—perhaps because of his own weird place in the family. He had taken fairly well to blending in with their aunt and cousins and he didn’t seem to view holders—or lords more specifically—as evil. “If he wants to meet you,” she finally replied, thinking it best Tazikel had a say in it because she was certainly going to tell him about how her over-protective big brother reacted when Yfris ran his mouth.

She squirmed her way out of the hug so she could finally take her first of klah. It was bitter and Mylorah wondered if K’dar had burned it—it wouldn’t be the first time either of them burned something—or if it was just her mood ruining it. “So, have you given yourself the same talk? Reminded yourself that lords are evil and can’t be trusted and will take advantage of you?” Yfris was a smooth-talker but her instincts told her he was harmless. He just wanted to enjoy life and was rather quirky but he wouldn’t use her. But if K’dar was going to have a fit about what she did with lords, than he had better look in a mirror as well.

RE: 741.11.24 | Brotherly Disappointment - K'dar - 28.Nov.20

There was a small sense of relief when his sister finally hugged him back. At least K'dar still had that, even if he'd fucked up he still had his sister. He just had to make sure he didn't keep fucking up. It stung a little that she seemed hesitant to let him meet her lordling but he really couldn't blame her, not after the things he'd said. So instead he nodded. "It's fine if he doesn't. Because I do trust you, Mylo... even if I worry and have a hard time trusting other people with you, I'll just try to remind myself that I trust you. And I hope it's okay that I still want to visit you more so that I can keep up a bit better. Be less surprised when a friend mentions your name."

K'dar winced and quickly added, "And Yfris didn't say you were sleeping around with everyone, more that he was sure you weren't doing that and that you were just charming despite what other people might say and I just... sorry. I'm probably not helping things right now."

When she pulled away from the hug and started to turn the tables on him he frowned. "It's not the same. And I actually know Yfris is a bit of a scoundrel. He takes some pride in that. But he's not dangerous or anything. He's actually helping me a little with some things." He took a deep breath, tried to focus on the less sexual interactions they had to avoid blushing in front of his sister. Maybe he could distract with his new pretend aspirations. It had worked well enough at dinner with Yfris's family after all. "He's been helping me think through a few things, like maybe becoming Weyrleader one day."

Mylorah couldn’t help but give in to a small smile when K’dar started rambling to defend Yfris while also eating his own foot again. If he thought she was too-trusting, she felt the same way about him. Yfris was a decent guy and she didn’t doubt that he had said she wasn’t sleeping with everyone—especially since K’dar hadn’t murdered him and been yelling about her sleeping with two lordlings. But, she could tell K’dar was charmed by Yfris by the way he spoke even of negative qualities. He was going to end up in over his head with his new friend but it would likely be harmless enough.

“Weyrleader?” She set the mug back down again, most of it finally having a chance to warm her belly now before the remainder was once more forgotten. “K’dar! That’s wonderful!” He was young still in both age and rider experience but her brother had a good head—usually—on his shoulders and with some guidance and preparation, he could one day be an amazing leader. She pulled him back in for another hug, finally letting go of her anger and pain to focus on the positive and be happy for her brother’s goals.

“I bet you could easily snag a Second if one opened up. It would be great experience and get you working closer to a Leader and practically study under one.” And then an even better thought struck her. “Casa! She could probably get you a role here if Weyrsecond isn’t an option just yet.” Their friend and recently discovered sister being Weyrwoman had some perks. Mylorah had so far avoided taking advantage of it and dodged getting herself roped into too many extra duties to help her adjust but this seemed like something that could help both K’dar and Casa.

On the one hand he had successfully distracted Mylorah from how upset he'd made her, but on the other hand, now he had to pretend to have lofty goals in front of more people. K'dar would happily keep up the pretense if it would make his sister excited and happy. Then she started to talk about becoming Second, and that made more sense than K'dar liked.

"Oh, that's an idea. I could look around and try to go for Second. I'm not in any rush, this is a long term goal after all." He did his best not to sound too hesitant. And then she brought up Casa, his newest younger sister. "Oh we don't have to bother Casa with this... I'm sure she's too busy to deal with me fumbling around and trying to learn. I'd just get in the way and make things difficult. Besides, if I transfer here you are guaranteed to impress at a different Weyr. If I'm going to transfer anywhere I should wait for that to make sure I can be there to help you."

Hopefully that would help slow things down a little bit and seem reasonable at the same time. Besides, if he did get into a position of power, he might not have enough time to visit his sister and keep a careful (but respectful) eye out for her. And he might have a harder time visiting Yfris, though he wasn't keen to admit that part aloud to anyone at the moment.

Some of her enthusiasm fell away at his attempts to downplay the goal but the reasons made sense. Casa and J’zaq were in the odd position of needing some assistance as they continued to find their way as leaders but getting too many new hands in the mix wouldn’t necessarily help either. Mylorah also had to smile at the logic that he should wait until she Impressed. T’ryn and Casa had Impressed while still in Katila but A’tay and K’dar both Impressed while not at their home Weyrs. Actually, those two had Impressed at each other’s Weyrs and Mylorah vaguely wondered if they got each other’s dragons.

“Oh fine. There’s some sense in that, I guess. Or a whole lot of superstition if we were to ask A’tay. Now we just need to hope I Impress in general and hope that it’s soon!” Some days she wondered if she was meant for a dragon. She was the oldest out of the siblings to not Impress and practically everyone from their original circle of friends in Katila had Impressed already as well. Maybe meeting Tazikel was a sign that she was meant to be in a Hold no matter how depressing that thought was. She’d just have to continue believing it just wasn’t the right time but it would come.

“And speaking of our little brother, where has he gotten himself to this time?” Maybe he was with Zelly for swimming lessons or even getting supplies for more cooking lessons. He was so adorable with his dedication to improve in those areas and she adored Zelly for helping him and pushing him just enough to keep him motivated but not resist. She didn’t voice any of this to K’dar, however. She didn’t want A’tay to be ambushed as soon as he walked in the door like she had been.

“While we wait, catch me up some more on what you’ve been up to.”

K'dar was relieved when his sister relented a bit, glad that his reasoning didn't sound as improvised as his goals secretly were. He smiled and gave her another quick squeeze as he tried to offer a bit of encouragement. "Your dragon will find you, I'm sure, we just have to be a little patient with it. Then once you graduate you can take your lordling... Tazikel? You can take him on rides and visit him a bit more freely without needing someone else to take you."

He wasn't about to entertain conversation or ideas that it might not happen, he didn't want to jinx it or fill her with any more negative thoughts. So instead K'dar kept acting as if it was truly inevitable. She was his sister after all, how could a dragon not think she was absolutely amazing? "And if it starts taking too long then maybe I will try for a transfer and more responsibility to help move things along. Just be a little patient for a little longer."

At the mention of A'tay, he took a look around as if that would suddenly make him appear. "I'm not sure. Hopefully he's not in any trouble. When did he start doing his own cooking?" he asked as he gestured to the collection of pots, pans, and cooking utensils. He didn't remember any of those last time he was here after all. He took a seat again so he could finish off his klah while they chatted.

"And me? Well there's that new goal that I have. It was partially Yfris's idea," it had been entirely the lordling's idea actually. "He helped inspire it. Reminded me that they'll try to reopen High Reaches eventually, and I think that by the time they do I could be ready to lead it. I just have to do a little bit of footwork now. Tiber likes the mountains out there. Oh and I've been working on dancing a bit more as well. I ran into Katiryn at the Fort gather and got to impress her with a spin." K'dar grinned, still very proud of that little move.

RE: 741.11.24 | Brotherly Disappointment - Mylorah - 29.Nov.20

Mylorah had decided to avoid further talks that involved Tazikel that day and only quirked a brow at K’dar’s attempt to draw him back in while boosting her confidence. It really wasn’t surprising that she was still waiting, along with a lot of her female friends. They were all vying for the guaranteed Impression of a gold while hoping a green or blue would want them so the competition was tight and the chances slim. She knew that but it could be frustrating sometimes.

“A’tay has a friend that has been teaching him to cook. It’s really sweet seeing him attempt things on his own and it’s been very delicious when I get to taste test for him.” She didn’t want to say too much more about who the friend was and she wasn’t sure what Zelly was to him anyway but that should have been enough to satisfy K’dar, especially since she successfully got him talking about himself and she smiled.

She would have to remember to thank Yfris for giving her brother something to aim for. It wasn’t that he was unambitious or lazy—which seemed to be adjectives that worked with Yfris if the lordling was to be believed—but they were still trying to find their way in this new world and doing something other than hiding inside with a book would be good for K’dar. Tiberuth latching onto the idea would also ensure her brother didn’t lose focus and kept at it. But High Reaches was in a colder region and that didn’t sound very appealing to her but Mylorah didn’t point that out.

“Katiryn was pretty happy with your dancing,” Mylorah laughed when he brought it up. It was good to see him so happy and even proud of something he’d done. “You definitely impressed her and I have a feeling she wouldn’t be upset if you dropped in on her for a visit if you have time.” She almost teased him about whether or not she’d have to give her approval for them hooking up but K’dar would only blush furiously and deny any interest and then not pursue anything. He was adorable like that.

RE: 741.11.24 | Brotherly Disappointment - K'dar - 29.Nov.20

"Oh? Well good for him! I'm glad he's found a friend to learn something from." K'dar grinned, glad to hear his brother was socializing a bit more. He couldn't think of anyone in their old crew who was interested enough in cooking that they'd have been able to teach A'tay anything new so he asked, "Assuming this is a new friend he's made at least. Either way, I'm glad he's spending time with more people."

And not just siting quietly in his room with a book? K'dar shot a quick glance back towards the ledge and rolled his eyes a little. Hush. You know I've been getting out more... and now I have to keep that up. Not wanting his sister to think he was rolling his eyes at their brother he quickly added, "Tiber is giving me some sass about my reading."

K'dar quickly changed the subject back to Kat as he grinned. "She was? I had a lot of fun, remembered a new little move I'd learned. I could teach you if you wanted. It's one of those fancy spins, and she taught me a move where I catch her in a bit of a dip down. Yfris is going to help me learn a bit more. Oh and speaking of, did you know about him and T'ryn's girlfriend? Cazan?" It didn't count as gossip if it was with his own family, and he figured there was a high chance that she knew already.

RE: 741.11.24 | Brotherly Disappointment - Mylorah - 30.Nov.20

Mylorah laughed as K'dar practically babbled about the fun he had with dancing but she couldn't decide which potential dance partner was the one getting him so riled up. She knew from experience how smooth Yfris could be and how he even got Tazikel to fool around with him so she wouldn't be surprised if the lordling was working on her brother or already had. "Brother, I would love to learn some moves but you should definitely visit Kat and let her show you a few more in a private setting." If Yfris had his sights on K'dar than maybe Katiryn could help him gain some more experience to survive the encounter.

"That Yfris is supposed to marry Cazan? Yeah, I know but it seems a bit silly. Lords marry ladies that are in Holds, not Weyrs and I doubt he would leave his fabulous life to live in a Weyr when there's no real benefit for him." Yfris was pretty chill guy but still a lordling and they liked their comforts and doing manual labour in a Weyr did not give them that.

"T'ryn is being T'ryn and rolling with it. Even if it somehow happens, I think he would share her if she asked him to. He's completely head over heels for her, though he won't admit it to me."

RE: 741.11.24 | Brotherly Disappointment - K'dar - 30.Nov.20

K'dar narrowed his eyes in suspicion at his sister for a moment. "Are you trying to set me up with Kat? She's a lovely lady you know and deserves-" What would your talkative lordling friend say? Tiberuth cut him off before he could say that she deserved someone better than himself. He frowned, drumming his fingers on the table for a moment. Yfris would probably go on about how he should be confident among other things.

He was glad to change the subject back to a different sibling. "So long as T'ryn is happy then it's fine. Not that I'd want to see Cazan upset... she's got quite the punch. At least she doesn't remember me though." He'd been quite grateful to find out from his brother that the goldrider's memory had been too hazy to attach any specific faces to the end of her fist. Tiber still had a bit of a scar on his wing, but didn't seem bothered by it in the slightest. In fact K'dar had caught him showing it off to a green he was flirting with the other day.

Don't worry about me, you need far more practice. You should go dance with Katiryn and bring her something nice to eat. He sighed, giving his knuckles a nervous crack. He did think Kat was rather pretty and fun to dance with. He should at least stop by to catch up, they were friends after all. And he could see how things went from there. After a moment of quiet thought he turned a shade pink and asked, "Should I bring Kat anything when I stop by?"

RE: 741.11.24 | Brotherly Disappointment - Mylorah - 01.Dec.20

"I knew it!" Neither brother would tell her anything about where they got the black eyes from when she saw them soon after the Flight. T'ryn mentioned he didn't leave Cazan's weyr in time but didn't name names and K'dar sometimes just got into fights. But she had her suspicions when she found out Tiberuth had chased. "You punched T'ryn and Cazan punched you in his honour." She was giggling, utterly amused by it. T'ryn likely wasn't even embarrassed that his girlfriend came to the rescue but she wondered if the boys switched roles if K'dar would be. He'd need a girlfriend first to truly know his demeanor.

Which could be Katiryn if he played the right cards. At least for a little while. Mylorah doubted their friend would last long in something steady but at the same time, Katiryn was more likely to settle down first amongst their group of girls.

"Kat won't need any gifts from you. Just you showing up for a visit would be enough. Keep it casual... unless you want to imply you want something more serious."

RE: 741.11.24 | Brotherly Disappointment - K'dar - 01.Dec.20

K'dar groaned and leaned back to cover his face with his hand. "Yes... I punched T'ryn during the flight. I don't even remember why I did it. She punched me, Malvayth clawed Tiber, it was just a mess. He's fine though, don't go trying to show that randy jerk any sympathy over his scars." Hopefully T'ryn wouldn't be around next time the gold flew, because he already knew that Tiberuth intended to chase again. The headstrong bronze wanted to chase every gold that he could, and occasionally he eyed the greens as well.

He didn't need to bother his sister with his dragon's terribly frustrating goals. Especially when he considered that one day his sister might have a gold of her own... the fact that his dragon wasn't trying to reassure him did not bode well, and K'dar couldn't tell if it was just a joke, if the bronze wasn't paying attention, or if he was just purposefully ignoring him.

Talking about Kat was a surprisingly nice distraction in comparison, even if another bout of nerves shot through him. "So... no gifts. And casual, casual is good. I don't think I could do anything serious, already have enough serious goals to worry about right now." K'dar smiled, the far off distant pseudo goal of becoming Weyrleader being useful again as a distraction and excuse. That and he was already planning on dedicating more time to visiting his siblings so that he could be a better brother. "Maybe I'll stop by to see Kat here in a moment, and I can visit with A'tay before I leave. Hopefully he'll be home by then. And you, I'll be back to spend time with you again sometime soon as well. What do you want to do, where do you want to go?"

RE: 741.11.24 | Brotherly Disappointment - Mylorah - 02.Dec.20

Mylorah was amused by how uncomfortable and even annoyed K'dar was about that particular Flight and she did feel bad for Tiberuth getting an injury. It was always hard hearing about a wounded dragon, even if they instigated a fight or had done something stupid. She simply hated anyone suffering. But she refrained from saying anything else on the matter, letting her brother think he escaped further teasing for the time being.

"I'll totally support your goal of becoming Weyrleader one day but I won't let you use it as am excuse every chance you get either. So use it wisely," she warned with a smile. She kind of meant it, knowing how introverted he could get and would say he was studying or shadowing the Second or something every chance he could if they let him. So a warning had to be given.

"Go visit her now while you're still available. I'll hang out here and prepare A'tay for the grilling you'll give him when you come back." Again, partially teasing but Mylorah had a feeling K'dar would want to know everything about Zelana and end up making her brother squirm with what the intentions were between them.

RE: 741.11.24 | Brotherly Disappointment - K'dar - 02.Dec.20

How could his sister call him out like that? She was supposed to politely carry out the fiction that he was just busy and not purposefully hiding for a little bit longer at least. K'dar pouted and tried to deny the accusation anyway. "It's not an excuse and I'm not going to bring it up all the time. Besides, I still have to make sure you stay out of trouble, or that I'm at least around enough that I can help you if trouble happens anyway. Maybe we can go fishing sometime, I'll never be too busy to take you fishing. Or I could take you shopping... somewhere." He wasn't sure where, now that he thought about it. He knew that the holds had tailors and such, but he only ever really went to get new things himself during gathers. If anyone would know it would be Mylorah he was sure.

When she brought up Kat again he nodded and stood up to go give his sister one more hug. "Okay, okay. I'll go pay her a visit and stop by to visit A'tay before I go. If I don't see you again before I leave just remember I love you, and I'm sorry that I'm not around as much as I should be. Send a letter any time you want to see me okay? And let me know if I get to meet your... friend. Boyfriend? Whatever you want me to call him."

Stop stalling and go woo a lady. Not planning on trying to woo her! You should. K'dar was already turning pink again. Hopefully the blush would be gone by the time he saw Kat.