World of Pern
[D] To Light the Way - Printable Version

+- World of Pern (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum)
+-- Forum: OOC (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Character Development (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+---- Forum: Character Diaries (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=159)
+---- Thread: [D] To Light the Way (/showthread.php?tid=4710)

To Light the Way - Zahrah - 29.Oct.20

[Image: Transp_Benden_Weyr_Lamp_II.png]

RE: To Light the Way - Zahrah - 29.Oct.20

Lower Caverns
Weyrfolk Lodging

With no eggs on the Sands, I have more time to work on the project here in our own little home. It helps to have all my tools where I need them - and the paint needed for these lamps I'm making for Alekse and the Runners. So far the responses I've been getting have been so wonderfully positive. It's slow going for the most part since I have other duties to perform, what with riders moving here and there, and general Candidate chores.

I have been relishing the time I get to work on the lamps and Zarel is fairly self-sufficient, though she has her own pointers to make about my work. She's precocious to be sure and will make a wonderful addition to the Weyr one day. Zarel says she wants to Impress a fighting colour like her mother. I suppose we'll see what the dragons have to say about it and what colour she winds up Impressing. She's too young to Stand right now, but the turns fly and it's only two until she's twelve. It seems like yesterday I held her in my arms as a bitty thing.

Look at me, misty-eyed over the past. Ridiculous.

I need to focus on this project more than ever. Alekse's present is waiting for him, though. I'll be so thrilled when he gets it. I mean, it's nothing special, just a palm-sized bronze-blue egg filled with glow but...I enjoyed making it.

Benden
Alekse and I talked about Flights -- always an awkward subject -- but I think he knows they don't count in a relationship when you have a dragon. A dragon has needs the same as any creature and you can't forbid them to chase, that just seems cruel. It was brief, though, and we'll definitely need to have more of a conversation about, especially after-effects.

Benden
I stayed up much too late with Alekse. Mm...and it was wonderful, explicit, and not at all the sort of thing someone like me records in a journal. I was satisfied quite fully, thank you.

Zarel was out of here with Alekse at first light. It's easy to see she adores him and looks up to him.

Benden
Zarel's eleventh birthday was quiet but I made her one of the lamps she's been wanting so much and she loved it. One more of those and she can Stand. I can't believe it sometimes. In a blink, time passes and we're left with a daughter who can almost take care of herself. At twelve, she'll be looking at runnercraft or the sky or both, even if one might negate the other. Somehow, she'll insist.

02.02-04.742
Fort Weyr
There is a darkness that stalks the halls now. Touching did not go well. We were just settling into a rhythm of Touching too when two boys started a fight in the middle of the eggs. One kid tried to help and was pushed way too hard into an egg, which collapsed, killing the dragonet within. That behaviour is wretched and makes everyone look horrible. The two that started it better pay for it dearly.

It's left me in a bit of a hole that's both sad and angry and I feel as if one of my own had died. I'll head to the dining cavern, there's always someone taking it worse or in need of friendship to help get another day through.

I met a lovely lady named Aederyn, we talked a while about this and that regarding the Touching. I like her and I hope she Impresses just what her heart desires.

Fort Weyr
Post-Hatching Feast

The hatching went spectacular save and really angry, perhaps frightened brown who Impressed to Corvilis, V'lis (I think?) but no one was seriously injured -- thank goodness.

I remain a bit shocked at my own fortune. I impressed the gold, Sedith! She's beautiful, if on the small side for a queen, but her personality makes up for it. Sedath is quite the little diva and I need quite the nap. She's going to be such a willful dragon...

RE: To Light the Way - Zahrah - 16.Feb.21

These pages are stained with a little oil here and there.

Fort Weyr
Weyrling Barracks
Time: ??? What is time anyway in dragonet?

I am reminded of when my daughter was born and it was wake, feed, try to rest on a cycle. I've got this down, right? I can do this. Well, I haven't any other choice, Sedath needs me and I need her, too. For the next few weeks, this is life. Bathe, oil, sleep, bathe, oil, sleep.

I found out earlier she hates water. Oh, she'll dip into it for a bath but then puts up an enormous fuss if she's not dried quickly and oiled. The oil is much better than the water, so there's a relief. She's very clean-oriented, which is good since I am a very clean person myself.

Zarel is, too.

Snow is undesirable as well. I can't imagine mud. She'd come undone. Oh, now she wants to know what mud is and I've gone and shocked her about the nasty realities of life. She said she'd rather never go outside please and thank you. Her manners are improving at least! I thought to keep writing a bit longer bit it seems my dear Sedath needs food urgently or she'll keel over. We can't have that, now, can we?