World of Pern
[G] [P] 741.10.10 | Catching Up & Calming Down - Printable Version

+- World of Pern (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Fort Territories (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Fort Weyr (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=123)
+--- Thread: [G] [P] 741.10.10 | Catching Up & Calming Down (/showthread.php?tid=4678)

741.10.10 | Catching Up & Calming Down - Helyna - 13.Oct.20

The note from Cazan was short and rather alarming: I think I fucked up, help.

Taken along with the news of Malvayth’s early flight, Helyna was rather unsettled. From the gossip she’d heard it didn’t sound like the pair were in too much trouble, all things considered, though they’d likely be under an uncomfortable level of scrutiny she was too familiar with.

Well, if she’d come to know anything about Cazan since her surprise Impression it was that once she got over the shock of the situation--or possibly even before the shock wore off--she’d be trying to bury herself in work as a distraction. That, and advice on how to weather the constant supervision, Helyna could definitely provide. She sent a note back that she’d be coming shortly, then wrote another to Tala, asking her to join them at Fort, since there was a project she already had in mind to commission.

Gathering a few sketches and things--and a bottle of wine in case Cazan’s nerves were truly badly rattled--Helyna harnessed Iliyith for the brief trip. Come along, love. Malvayth and Cazan Flew rather early and probably want a shoulder and some advice.

Wary of startling the young gold, and not altogether sure if her Flight-possessiveness about her territory was fully worked off, they hailed Malvayth from a distance to ask for permission to land on her ledge. Luckily the younger dragon seemed fully back to her usual too-chipper self, and Lyna stepped down onto the ledge and let the two golds greet each other as she walked towards the living quarters. “Cazan? I got your note; is everything alright?”

RE: 741.10.10 | Catching Up & Calming Down - Cazan - 13.Oct.20

Cazan was in the middle of working on a satchel for G'nen, because she'd already made things super awkward already and the only thing she could think to do about it was to make him something. Which would surely just add to the awkwardness. It was too late now though, she was committed. It was nothing too elaborate, just something he could easily carry papers and some small supplies in with a few separate compartments, and a rather securely closing pair of buckles to keep things from spilling should he take it on a flight. She already had it mostly done, having already had a satchel in progress to test out a pattern. All she had to do was change the size of the strap, and add the buckles.

She had already dyed most of the satchel a deep brown reminiscent of Yanth and was carefully adding some black accents when she head Mal's soft voice. Iliyith is almost here. Cazan nodded, her hand steadily and slowly applying a pinstripe. Good, I'll be ready to see them in a moment, I want to finish this firs- I think I'll fight her. The interruption was so abrupt, and the dragon's tone so deadpan that Cazan jerked her hands in a panic, knocking over the small jar of black dye she had set aside for the project and spilling it over the bag and her hands. Mal?! No! Do not-

Malvayth began to giggle, and Cazan could feel a flood of satisfaction from the dragon that her trick had worked. She sighed and decided to try and salvage as much of the bag and her workspace as she could. She was almost done cleaning up the desk when she heard Helyna's question. She sighed and threw up her dye stained hands. "I fucked my teacher."

It was too late to save her hands, the best she could do was make sure the dye was dry with a previously dye ruined towel before going to sit at the table with her friend. There was one thing at the forefront of her mind that she wanted to double check on, so she got the question out of the way. "T'ryn already said this shouldn't happen again, but I would like more reassurance. She won't just... go back up again while I'm in the middle of something right?"

RE: 741.10.10 | Catching Up & Calming Down - Helyna - 13.Oct.20

Helyna winced at the sight of the workstation and the blunt response. “Well, the dragons have more of a say in such things. I’m sure G’nen won’t hold it against you.” She pulled the bottle of wine out and went to grab a pair of cups, pouring Cazan one and handing it over.

She stifled a laugh at the question. “Even as much of a trickster as she is, I still doubt it.” She smiled and took a sip of wine. “Even if you’re really… enjoying yourself,” she winked, “Malvayth won’t rise again till after she clutches and they hatch. Assuming she actually clutches. She is a bit on the young side. Time will tell.”

They talked for a while, Helyna sharing some of her own embarrassing stories from Iliyith’s first Flight, and helping—she hoped—to put Cazan at ease again. “-in the middle of a field! I was mortified and he looked absolutely terrified. Like I was going to eat him alive or something. At least Malvayth was polite enough to let you wake up in your own weyr.”

RE: 741.10.10 | Catching Up & Calming Down - Cazan - 13.Oct.20

"If she ever leaves me in a field I will be sorely tempted to turn her into very fine jacket. Several jackets. An entire wardrobe." Cazan grumbled, mostly to herself, before shaking her head. She could never really do it, even Malvayth knew that, but it felt good to say on occasion. "Ugh. I had no idea what to even say or do. One moment I was with my boyfriend, quite enjoying myself, and then the next thing I know there were men barging into my weyr, one of them punched T'ryn, I punched them... I wonder if I should find him and apologize. I don't exactly remember who it was though."

Cazan shook her head again as she realized she was rambling and decided to cut to the chase. "I figured I'd wake up next to somebody one day, but I didn't imagine it would be G'nen while Mal was cuddled up to her brown daddy. I had no idea what to do or say, so I... complimented him. And that just felt like it made things more awkward." She gestured over towards the now mostly black satchel on her desk. "I started making him a gift as some sort of... apology for the awkwardness. And I know that could make things more awkward, but it's too late. I've committed to doing it. I think this is the point you show me a fun sketch to distract me with while you tell me to calm down. So what did you bring me?"

Her eyes glimmered with excitement at that prospect. Helyna always brought her the most interesting ideas and she was curious to know what her latest one was.

RE: 741.10.10 | Catching Up & Calming Down - Helyna - 16.Oct.20

Helyna couldn’t help a laugh at the description of the chaos. “I don’t remember much about this last one, honestly, but I’ve definitely never punched any of the suitors. Is poor T’ryn all right?”

She rested a hand over Cazan’s, giving it a small squeeze of reassurance. “There’s no good thing to do or say after your first Flight, believe me. You’ll get more comfortable with it after a while.” But she allowed the subject change happily.

“I knew you’d look for an excuse to work,” Helyna said with a bright laugh. “I hope you don’t mind, but I invited my friend Tala here to model some of the ideas, and to get her measurements.” She unharnessed Iliyith who was indulging Malvayth and listening to the younger gold ramble off a story, then retrieved her supplies and headed back into the other room.

Pulling out a few sketches, she slid them across the table for Cazan to examine. The first was relatively similar to things they’d made before, bits of leather strapping supporting flimsy lace—decorative rather than functional. Other ideas were clearly stolen from some of the Holder ladies fashions but with leather instead of fabric.

RE: 741.10.10 | Catching Up & Calming Down - Cazan - 18.Oct.20

"Oh T'ryn is fine, he was such a sweetheart about the whole thing." Cazan still couldn't quite get over how lucky she felt to have the man in her life. While Helyna went to go unharness Iliyith and fetch her supplies she went to go grab a few of her own. With her measuring tape and notebook in hand she was ready to start scribbling and planning.

"Your friend is more than welcome, especially if she's coming for leather." Cazan grinned, excited about the prospect of a new model. Her boyfriend was still her favorite model to work off of, but he just didn't have the curves to pull off certain styles.

With pen in hand she took a close look at some of the designs, scribbling her own quick sketches in her notebook so that she could make notes or circle certain areas of interest. "This should be fun. Any particular occasion? Or is this just something that's meant to tantalize before it's removed? I'm guessing it's something that should be easy to take off."

As boring as Cazan's sex life had been before she met T'ryn (in that it had been practically nonexistent) she always found these sorts of projects far more interesting than the usual garment orders. Part of her wondered if perhaps one day she should try to make one of these outfits for herself.