World of Pern
[G] [P] 741.05.23 | Colliding Friend Groups - Printable Version

+- World of Pern (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Benden Territory (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=170)
+--- Forum: Benden Hold (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=129)
+--- Thread: [G] [P] 741.05.23 | Colliding Friend Groups (/showthread.php?tid=4650)

741.05.23 | Colliding Friend Groups - Yfris - 29.May.20

He had parted ways with Xyliah and Jalazmar not long ago, leaving the almost obnoxiously cute couple to their own thing. He was still reeling from seeing Jalazmar settled down and happy instead of happy playing the field. No wonder the man never replied to the party invites. Maybe Xyliah just needed to be invited along as well to help motivate his friend into finding his old self again. He'd think more about that later as the day was still young, especially to his confused body making that jump across the land so quickly, so he figured some food would be in order. A meal was a meal and he wasn't too concerned about the offerings so Yfris started to follow his nose to what was possibly roasted chicken.

He wasn't really paying attention to the people around him as his eyes darted from stall to stall looking for the item he now craved and that was why he was soon shoulder checking someone. Eyes wide, Yfris glanced over to the person he had collided with, slightly worried it would be a larger and angrier man. It wasn't and his eyes went wider still as he reached out to steady the woman he had rudely bumped into as she took a couple of steps back.

"I'm terribly sorry! That was entirely my fault. I was lost to the aroma of chicken and letting my stomach guide the way. Though, even if I had been paying proper attention, I believe I still would have purposely stumbled into your path, my lady." Yfris grinned as he took the hand he was still holding from steadying the woman to kiss the top of it.

As his gaze dropped to the hand, Yfris belatedly saw the arm wrapped around the woman's waist and he froze with his lips pressed against the soft skin. He slowly let go of her hand as she laughed and said something to her companion. He missed what she said but he hoped it wasn't about to lead to him getting punched--that would entirely ruin his day!

Standing straight, Yfris took a step back and turned his attention to the owner of the arm and found someone he really hadn't been expecting. "Tazikel!" Great, it wasn't even a random man's woman he was hitting on but that of a friend. He hadn't spoken with Tazikel for a few months so for all he knew this was his friend's betrothed. Wife? Nah, surely he would be invited to a wedding. Taking a better look at the girl and her slip of a dress--maybe this was the Weyr girl he heard Tazikel was spending a lot of time with. If so, he did not blame the man!

RE: 741.05.23 | Colliding Friend Groups - Mylorah - 29.May.20

Mylorah was once again the Lady of the dance floor and not much was stopping her from enjoying it. She had danced with Tazikel, by herself, or with strangers when her Sir Tazicurls needed a break or went to socialize with someone he knew. But he had also insisted she get some breaks in, like now, where they had just come from a hydration station where she had admittedly gulped down her water.

They were now walking around the stalls, her attention more on her companion as Tazikel teased her with other forms of dancing they could be doing. "Oh my! Sir Tazicurls, have I really been that bad of an influence on you?" Mylorah giggled as she feigned shock at his disguised teasings. "I'm supposed to be the one trying to convince you to leave the Gather early, you know." She was the wild and immoral Weyr girl, after all. Then again, while she vividly remembered the night they met, she couldn't recall whose idea it was to leave the dance floor and find his tent. No, she was pretty sure he suggested the tent and she let things remain civil for all of five minutes before jumping him. That sounded about right.

And then someone was bumping into her hard enough to send her staggering back a couple of steps before catching her balance with the help of Tazikel's arm around her. She was readying herself with a snarky comment if the jerk was rude in his own reply or said nothing at all when she glanced up into gorgeous and concerned brown eyes. Her comment left her as he issued apologies and then she was smiling along with him as he quickly veered into flirting.

As he kissed her hand she started laughing and looked over to Tazikel. "He's a lordling, isn't he?" His speech was very flowery and even though he wasn't as dressed up as others she had met over the months, she was getting better at recognizing a finally made shirt upon sight.

"Do you know him?" As the man said Tazikel's name, she giggled and shrugged, "I guess that answers that. Are you going to do your fancy introductions?" Mylorah had a love-hate relationship with those. They were kind of amusing and Tazikel even made her sound important with all the words he tacked onto her name but she knew she'd never remember everyone's titles and positions.