World of Pern
[G] [O] 741.01.28 | Checking Up and Checking In - Printable Version

+- World of Pern (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Fort Territories (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Fort Weyr (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=123)
+--- Thread: [G] [O] 741.01.28 | Checking Up and Checking In (/showthread.php?tid=4622)

741.01.28 | Checking Up and Checking In - L'gan - 31.Jan.20

Knowing how busy and exhausting a new bond was, L'gan had stayed out of the way for the first few days, only dropping by briefly to check in on his mate and Cirith. The size and volume of the weyrling class made longer visits practically impossible, but he hoped that by visiting while the dragonets napped there would be less drama this time. He hated interrupting Sariel's rest, but knew she wanted an update on the twins. He checked in with G'nen to make sure a visit wouldn't be a bother, then slipped into the barracks quietly.

The dragonets and most of their bondmates were sleeping soundly, though he saw that Sariel was still awake, her pudgy little queen snuggled tightly to her side. Crossing the room he smiled as he heard Cirith's faint snores, sitting on Sariel's other side and slipping an arm around her. "How are you holding up," he whispered, not wanting to disturb anyone. "Little ones all tired out from their latest bouts of mischief and profanity?" he teased her.

"The girls say hello." He and his mother had their hands full with the twins, keeping them entertained and out of the way until there was a good time to introduce them to the gold. "They asked me to bring this for Cirith," L'gan said, pulling out a tooled leather ball from his bag with the gold's name engraved on it. "And this was for you, since they can't cuddle with you themselves." He pulled out Lariel's favorite stuffed animal. "I think they thought that if they snuggle Sarion's canine and you cuddle this one, you're all cuddling. Makes perfect sense to me."

RE: 741.01.28 | Checking Up and Checking In - Sariel - 09.Feb.20

Her eyes fairly sparkled at the sight of L'gan's face, one she'd missed sorely despite how busy she'd been with Cirith. She leaned into him with a sigh of relief and then laughed softly at his tease. It wasn't all that far from the truth, either. The whole group of them were a handful in their own ways, most notably the two golds. Right now, she shifted a little to examine the ball, tracing Cirith's name before tucking the stuffed animal into the crook of her arm as her dragon let out an oddly musical snort.

"It's been a challenge," she murmured, smiling. "Some days are punctuated by cheerful profanity, that's for sure. You'll tell the girls that they're brilliant and they're absolutely right. I think it makes perfect sense, too." Cirith stirred sleepily and Sariel's gaze softened as she brushed her fingers over her lifemate's eye-ridge.

"I know Cirith will adore the ball and will see to it that everyone plays with it," she said quietly. "This is really lovely, L'gan. Moreso that you were allowed to come." She leaned her head back, scrunching her nose as she bopped his lightly with a forefinger. "I have so missed you."

Cirith let out a soft coo as if agreeing.