World of Pern
[G] [P] 740.08.25| Dream Achieved - Printable Version

+- World of Pern (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Ista Weyr Boundaries (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=143)
+--- Forum: Ista Weyr (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=144)
+--- Thread: [G] [P] 740.08.25| Dream Achieved (/showthread.php?tid=4550)

740.08.25| Dream Achieved - R'dal - 16.Oct.19

"Kiiiiiiitt!" R'dal called out for his friend as he peeked his head instead the weyr the weyrlings had been bunking in... and found it empty save for an assistant doing some paperwork. R'dal, embarrassed for his boisterous arrival, apologised and asked where the weyrlings were that morning before ducking back out and down the hall. He'd left Edath at Halomirth's since the two were in the middle of a good cuddle session and R'dal respected those. So he was moving by foot through the halls, making his way down to the lower Bowl where the weyrlings were doing their exercises and going for longer walks to help get their strength up.

He saw Sh'ran first thanks to his hair sticking out among all the darker haired people milling about and R'dal waved with a call of his name. He felt a bit sad seeing Sh'ran and Dyoricath walking alone and knew Dyoricath must have woken up grumpy that morning. He'd pop in and visit the pair in a bit and cheer them up.

Madiquel and Zezeth were greeted as well as they jogged by him and he waved them on to keep doing their exercise as he didn't want to distract all of them just yet. Only B'kit and only because he couldn't keep his news quiet any longer. Well, that wasn't entirely true--after the fall out of his lending a hand in getting F'drel's sisters to the Weyr, R'dal hadn't been nearly as excited about becoming a Searchrider as he was before. Everything had worked out and F'drel even congratulated him later on but a lot of the joy was gone.

Still, B'kit was one of the only people he had confided his dream to so it was only right he was one of the first people who found out he achieved it. He would have told him the day before but F'drel needed a friend and R'dal spent the day hanging out with the greenrider and his sisters when they came by and he ended up staying the night. It was probably the only reason why he was up so early and visiting Ista--he never left it and had too much energy from a lot of naps.

"Birdieeee!" R'dal grinned as he nearly skipped his way over to where the other blue pair seemed to be taking a break or doing other exercises other than walking for the moment. When he arrived at his destination, R'dal dropped to his knees and smiled at the timid dragon he adored. "Morning, Erebuth! I have some pretty exciting news. Do you think I should tell B'kit or whisper it to you so it'll be our secret?"

RE: 740.08.25| Dream Achieved - B'kit - 26.Oct.19

B’kit looked up from where he and Erebuth were doing some light stretches and waved happily to a clearly excited R’dal. His friend seemed about to burst out of his skin with anticipation of whatever his news was; the enthusiasm was endearing.

Erebuth shrank in slightly and barely stopped himself from glancing to B’kit for reassurance. He timidly stretched his neck out towards R’dal as he spoke, tilting his head slightly. Good morning, R’dal, he said shyly in his low, gravely voice. The tiny blue liked the bluerider and his dragon, though he was still sometimes overwhelmed by his energy.

What is the secret? I like secrets, he asked, perking up. The babies were awful at keeping secrets with their tendency to shout all their thoughts, but he loved them nonetheless. He settled into a comfy position to listen as the young man leaned in and whispered. That is a good secret. So you and Edath will find others like B’kit and Sh’ran and Madiquel? Who can Impress dragons like us?”

B’kit did his best to pretend he couldn’t hear his silly blue, but couldn’t keep a straight face. “That’s brilliant, R’dal! Congratulations.”

RE: 740.08.25| Dream Achieved - R'dal - 03.Nov.19

R’dal gave his signature big box-shaped smile as he leaned back, not at all bothered by Erebuth sharing the ‘secret’ with anyone close enough to hear. He knew that would end up happening, and if it somehow didn’t, he was going to share with B’kit in a few seconds anyway. “Yep! Well, that’s the plan, anyway. We just have to get out there and look for awesome people.” And he had already decided he most certainly wasn’t going to Search any of his friends’ siblings again. That didn’t seem to work out as well as he thought, but maybe if they asked him first, he’d consider it, but only after making sure no one would flip out when the sibling arrived at the Weyr.

Standing up, R’dal turned his smile fully to B’kit, secretly happy that someone seemed happy for him. “Thanks! Took a while with some bumps but here I am! I sometimes start to think we’re too young but Edath is five now and we’ll still be with more experienced Searchriders so it should be okay.” He’d be fine with just tagging along for a while, even. Just watching the older riders and dragons do their thing before letting Edath be more of an active participant in the Search. He wanted to make sure they did everything right. No more missteps with this!

RE: 740.08.25| Dream Achieved - B'kit - 01.Dec.19

B’kit grinned at his friend as he bounced up again. He had more energy than a firelizard sometimes. “Everyone has to start sometime, though. Do you know who you’ll be paired with to start out?” He reached out for a hand up from where he had been stretching, then pulled his friend into a hug.

“Congratulations, again, R’dal. I’m super happy for you--your work’s paying off. And Edath’s too! He’s such a fine blue,” he added with a smile before a whine and reproaching headbutt from Erebuth caught his attention again. “You’re finer, of course, because you’re mine, silly boy.” He scratched Erebuth’s eye ridges.

“Have you told the others yet? I’m sure everyone’s gonna be thrilled; it’s perfect for you two!” He tugged his friend in for another tight hug before hearing the call for him to rejoin the group. B’kit rolled his eyes a bit with a laugh, “speaking of work, we’d probably better get back to it. They’re not taskmasters, but they’re not going easy on us either. Gotta keep these little guys healthy, and keep ourselves that way too.” He dropped his voice and teased, “the way C’dhin keeps bringing treats for Misha, we’ll all need to run a few extra miles to avoid putting on weight. Pass my congratulations on to Edath too!” Making sure Erebuth wasn’t going to trip over a wing or anything, the two jogged over to join the group with a last wave.