World of Pern
[G] [O] 739.11.11 | Casual Observations - Printable Version

+- World of Pern (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum)
+-- Forum: High Reaches Weyr Boundaries (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=133)
+--- Forum: Nabol Hold (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=113)
+--- Thread: [G] [O] 739.11.11 | Casual Observations (/showthread.php?tid=4295)

739.11.11 | Casual Observations - Azrin - 25.Nov.18

Despite his extra tutoring of Casa the last two days to ensure she knew his family’s history and remembered ranks and marriages, despite making sure she remembered everything important about Nabol, and despite her doing well at functions his younger brothers had recently held, Azrin was still worried the goldrider would get herself in trouble. He occasionally glanced in her direction as he did the rounds with his wife on his arm. It wasn’t like the girl would suddenly strip down and beg for sex in the middle of the Gather. No doubt she would love to, especially if several men took her up on the offer, though. No, he was worried she’d get stuck in a conversation with the wrong member of his family that would land her in trouble or sway her away from him. He was confident in his abilities to keep the goldrider loyal to him, especially seeing how much she loved learning what he knew as much as she loved sex with him, but he didn’t need poison getting into her ears.

She’d likely shrug it off as lies or she’d come right out and ask him about anything she was told when they were alone. That was something he liked about the young woman; she didn’t try to be cute and coy with him but was frank with him just as he was with her. Now, anyway. Early on he was careful and it wasn’t like he told her his designs he had for her and how he wanted to get her into a position of Weyrwoman to help control a Weyrleader that would be easily manipulated.

He continued nodding in greeting to those that he knew but Azrin didn’t really stop to talk with most of them. They were low ranking or not worth his time in general with what they could bring to the table. Another person he kept an eye on was his youngest brother, Jalazmar. The boy was fostered in Nabol and would know a lot more outside of the family. He was curious to see how the Little Lamb did in such a setting and if he could pick up any cues on how to handle those he didn’t know.

“Go back to Rindris, my dear. I know you miss him so and while I think your not-so-stealthy glances at him are adorable, you better go see him again. I’ll be fine mingling on my own for a while, I swear.” He gave his wife a tender kiss to her cheek as dismissal and pulled away from her to walk around on his own. He actually did love his wife and was even rather fond of his children but he didn’t need to be with them constantly. Rindris was currently being fostered at Nabol and would be eligible for marriage soon. He’d have to start doing that obnoxious dance of finding the right girl for their family ties soon, but it could wait until everyone had a few more drinks in them so he could learn more about everyone. Alcohol was an excellent method of learning secrets.

Speaking of alcohol, he was pleased with Jimeridan’s selection and returned to get another glass of whiskey to sip. As he grabbed that drink, he saw someone approaching him in his peripheral. He wondered if they were actually coming for him or the booze. As he walked away, he had his answer.