World of Pern
[G] [P] 736.08.07 | Bronze Bruises - Printable Version

+- World of Pern (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Southern Pern (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: New Katila Weyr (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=81)
+---- Forum: Weyrfolk Housing (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=84)
+---- Thread: [G] [P] 736.08.07 | Bronze Bruises (/showthread.php?tid=2840)

736.08.07 | Bronze Bruises - J'ver - 13.Dec.15

I’m sorry, J’ver, Rilaleeyth’s voice was softer than usual and while J’ver was used to his meek and polite dragon’s voice trickling over his mind, even he barely caught the words and the meaning behind them right away.

And why is that, my sweet? He wasn’t an affectionate man; except to his dragon. She was his lifemate and meant everything to him and all of his scheming and attempts to climb to the top in any manner available wouldn’t change that, nor did he want it to.

Because it isn’t Z’ia or S’kef that lies beside you… or even D’hys… J’ver frowned slightly at this bit of news as further came to from the flightlust. He remembered a few of the usual suspects had given chase and some of the new weyrlings that were just getting to the age of showing interest in flights but now that Rilaleeyth mentioned it, there was an odd couple of fellows involved as well and J’ver wondered if it was more the dragon or the rider that inspired them to give chase.

J’ver tentatively opened his eyes, blinking slightly against the light coming in through a crack in the curtains. He was in a bed and given the curtains that hung over the window, it didn’t appear to be his home either. That was fine, especially if his lover was still asleep or slipped out before him. He could have a good snoop around the place for clues who the room belonged to and then hope to find some dirt on the owner to use later on.

Speaking of dirt, he had better see if he still had a man beside him and who it was. While people seemed fond of his dragon, J’ver knew not everyone cared for him and even winning his flight could be used against the poor rider that was bonded to a dragon with a taste in bright green females. Slowly he sat up and winced as he did so, realizing he was a bit sorer than usual for a flight. Whomever the winner was didn’t seem to care about holding back as he claimed his prize; something that wasn’t entirely distasteful to the greenrider that had stayed with S’kef for years.

When he looked over at the man that had yet to leave the bed, J’ver raised an eyebrow as a smirk slowly spread over his lips. “Well this is a rather pleasant surprise.”

Re: Bronze Bruises [Invite] - T'drin - 18.Dec.15

He muttered in his sleep as he shifted with the dream. Something in the water. Something fierce and mind numbing. Flights with Gelabrith. It was all jumbled in his mind and he couldn't make sense of it. He shifted again, waking slowly, and a slight frown grew between his eyes as a cool breeze blew across him and the bed moved. Why in all that was holy is his bed moving? He hadn't drunk anything.

You should probably wake up

He grunted and kept his eyes closed. He didn't want to wake up. Or move. Or much of anything. His bedding was far more comfortable and tempting than anything that was not it. Gelabrith continued to insist he woke becoming annoying in his needling. He still refused until the voice broke through Gelabrith's. His eyes shot open, wide and disbelieving and he bolted upright wincing slightly at the pull in his shoulders. He eyes landed on J'ver. J'ver in his bed. J'ver who he very nearly hated. What in the actual fuck.

Be angry all you want, T'drin, it won't change anything.

He growled, both at the dragon and the situation. A man in his fucking bed. Through gritted teeth he snarled, "Get. Away. From. Me," and shoved at J'ver uncaring whether he connected. Uncaring whether the man fell and was harmed. "There is nothing pleasant about this!" he shouted. His mind was a whirlwind of emotion. Anger at Gelabrith for flying Rilaleeyth. Hatred for J'ver... And what felt like elation. This could not be real.

Re: Bronze Bruises [Invite] - J'ver - 20.Dec.15

The shove, thankfully, wasn’t that powerful given their positioning and J’ver lost a bit of balance and rolled with the force to lie on his back, close to the edge of the bed. He broke into a light laugh, absolutely delighted at the events that had taken place and didn’t think himself to be in any real danger despite the bronzerider’s temper. “On the contrary, my dear T’drin. There is plenty to find pleasant in this situation.”

J’ver had angled himself a bit again to face the man and reached over to lightly run his fingertips over a bare and very nicely toned arm. The young dragons certainly did know how to pick their riders. He took a moment to appreciate the physical beauty of T’drin and allowed his mind to wander to all the delightful things he’d let the boy do to him before focusing back on the here and now that could lead to the steamy future created in his mind. “One, your dragon has found his own relief and satisfaction. Two, our dragons have made friends and seem happy,” he paused as the gentle voice brushed over his mind again.

Oh yes. Gelabrith is very lovely, Rilaleeyth replied to only J’ver, as was her way, and quickly felt ashamed for thinking someone other than her sweet Aveleth and protective Tyrrisath was good company. But he was! And so far he had been nice to her. The mere fact that a bronze had given chase was extremely flattering and to have him want her enough to push past her usual partners and win was almost incomprehensible for the gentle green dragon.

“Three,” he began again, ignoring Rilaleeyth’s momentary distress over the flight that J’ver couldn’t understand, “you were able to have sex with a man. In a flight. That no one ever judges or thinks twice about.” He had his suspicions about T’drin based on glances that lasted too long towards some of the more attractive men in the Weyr but J’ver had yet to find the bronzerider wrapped around another man for absolute confirmation. It was a bit of a gamble to play that card while T’drin’s temper was out in full force but what was life without a few necessary risks that ensured he’d always be safe, secure, and comfortable?

Re: Bronze Bruises [Invite] - T'drin - 29.Jan.16

He gritted his teeth when J’ver failed to land on the floor. Not that he really expected the man too, the shove hadn’t been powerful enough to really do any damage, but one could hope couldn’t they? T’drin growled low at the sound of J’ver’s laugh. How in all that was holy could the man laugh at a situation like this? There was nothing funny about it. “Don’t laugh at me,” he ground out resisting the urge to put a foot to the back of the greenrider’s head. T’drin hated being laughed at and it took a considerable amount of will power not to show J’ver exactly how much he hated it.

It had been Gelabrith’s first actual flight, gold flights notwithstanding, and his first win. Why the bronze couldn’t have chosen to fly one of the woman ridden greens was beyond him. He stiffened painfully when the other man ran his fingers over his arm. Hadn’t he just told him not to touch? Was he daft or just aching for a punch to the face? “The only pleasant thing about this is the fact Gelabrith is obviously happy. There is nothing pleasant about being in your bed,” the last was hissed between teeth and T’drin refused to think on the pleasure it had been.

His eyes widen with the shock of J’ver’s words. He didn’t… He wasn’t… He couldn’t be. He liked girls, he noticed them, he fucked them, not men! But the words reverberated in his mind, bouncing around the blank spaces that were filled with lingering glances and dark wants. He was a holder’s son for fucks sake. It was drilled into him from the beginning that only faithless dragonriders wanted men like they should women. His father had been a tyrant when it came to dragonriders. But you are a dragonrider, T’drin. I am, after all, the wonderful proof of that! the dragon in question put in, highly amused by the situation

He refused to let the greenrider see how his words affected him and with darted from the bed to pace, his refusal nothing but wishful thinking. “You know nothing about me,” he told the man, the words heated but lacking conviction, “You don’t know what I want or who I want.” T’drin didn’t even know who he wanted. He hated the man on the bed. Hated what he stood for, but T’drin could feel that little niggle of.. Something that he had no desire to delve into.

Re: Bronze Bruises [Invite] - J'ver - 30.Jan.16

He hadn’t been punched yet so that was a good start. J’ver knew he was entering shaky grounds with T’drin since he didn’t know much about the young bronzerider – something that dearly annoyed him – but cornering the man in bed seemed the best way to begin negotiations for ways that would better improve both of their lives. But first, he’d let T’drin rant and work out what he was actually mad about and if he even believed the words coming out of his own mouth. The more he spoke, the more it seemed like he actually didn’t and J’ver bit back another grin.

“Ah, well, you’re in luck, T’drin. I happen to be in the business of getting people what and who they want.” There was a price of course, there always was. He didn’t ask for much; just a favour here or there or since this was a bronzerider with potential to be in a position of power, he’d be good for protection and looking the other way as he collected information on and from other people. “As much as I enjoy the view, come join me over here again and talk to me. Tell me what you want. I’m all yours.”