World of Pern
[D] Life's a Party - Printable Version

+- World of Pern (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum)
+-- Forum: OOC (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Character Development (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+---- Forum: Character Diaries (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=159)
+---- Thread: [D] Life's a Party (/showthread.php?tid=2737)

Life's a Party - R'vi - 27.Jul.14

Life is a party but I'm also the life of the party. Does that make me the life of life?

I think I just hurt something with that one whether because it's too deep or too stupid is something I can no longer figure out.

Re: Life's a Party - R'vi - 27.Jul.14

Tavvy won't shut up about how miserable pregnancy is. I keep telling her the kid isn't mine and I don't have time to deal with her or the soon to be kid but she's still coming to me with every whine and complaint.

I'm the last person to complain to about Di being a bitch and teasing her by waddling or whatever. I'm pretty sure Di punched people that teased her when she was knocked up so I don't even know what those two are up to now.

It's easier to not try to figure out women.

Re: Life's a Party - R'vi - 02.Sep.14

I don't think I've ever been so relieved. Then again, it's a whole new level of drama to deal with so I'm not sure which is better.

Tavvy finally gave birth today. I don't have to listen to her whining anymore about being fat or in pain or whatever else I tuned out when she managed to corner me.

Her dad's glares were thankfully present and kept me from having to be in the room during the whole ordeal. But everyone dragged me in when the kid was cleaned up so she could try shoving him at me.

Yeah, it's a boy.

But it's not mine.

I told them all that as well. He doesn't look at all like me and considering I'm vain and I have a twin I have looked at daily since our own birth, I'm pretty sure I know what to look for in this kid.

Babies are supposed to have blue eyes or something, right? This kid has greyish eyes that remind me of R'nd and D'hys but no way has she scored a bed spot with R'nd with B'jin having ownership on it and I know she hooks up with D'hys.

Besides, the kid is a boy but has the girliest eyelashes... like D'hys.

Totally not my kid.

Smug twin is smug? Fuck yes.

Re: Life's a Party - R'vi - 10.Jan.16

With R'nd more or less out of the game now thanks to his hook up with B'jin (but don't tell him that! They live in some weird state of denial that they're not actually a couple and mated though they totally are and have been for like five years now) I realized there are a lot of new Candidates coming into the Weyr that are confused and even a bit frightened of the Weyr customs and lonely since they're in a new place and don't have friends.

In short, R'nd, the Candi Man, has been slacking off in his duties with greeting, befriending, and even bedding the newbies so I'll take over.

I like to think I'll be nicer and genuinely friendly to them than a lot of the riders snooping around lately. These poor guys need some sort of ally in this crazy world they've signed up for.

Re: Life's a Party - R'vi - 20.Feb.16

I chose to go to Ista Weyr for a few reasons and it wasn't like I made the decision on a whim like I'm sure some people think.

This was where Ny and I were born, though I don't remember anything of it. The Plague hit when we were three so my earliest and clearest memories of our time in exile in the South. Even those memories aren't amazingly clear anymore now that I'm older but I do remember we always loved the sun and helped mom a lot.

It's not even like being here is going to give me reminders of our old life or even a piece of my parents back. I didn't really expect to find sketches of them or an old journal tucked under a bookcase destroyed by time or even know what weyr was theirs. It would have been nice though. It's not like I remember much about them either. Mom dying just before we turned eleven and dad dying a month afterwards kind of takes away from that window of time to build cherished memories.

And now I'm more or less being kept away from my twin. I wonder if Ny even knows that or if he thinks I just wanted to get away from him? I'm a distraction and horrible influence on our young stoic bronzerider and it was implied that I should live elsewhere if I want him to succeed and be happy. They definitely know my buttons. I would have protested being away from him but I've always wanted him happy and what's best for him so I chose somewhere that wasn't Benden.

Ista has its own charms outside of memories and favours. It's warm. Great beaches. Lazy laidback vibe. The Holders seem nice enough. It's a small Weyr as well so chores aren't as daunting and we can all look out for each other easier. I don't know how many Candidates we'll end up having at any given time but I guess that will be up to the gold and her clutch sizes. I'll still do my best to look out for them though. I mean, my brother doesn't need it anymore and Di has V'ler to keep her out of trouble over in... Telgar? Fort? I have a feeling his Harper blood will keep him bouncing around everywhere and Di will tag along for fun and whatever else she gets out of him.

I think I'll like it here though. M'ris seems like he'll be a pretty chill Weyrleader, Ameris is pretty hot, and we have amazing weather.