World of Pern
[G] [P] 734.12.23 | Good Prognosis - Printable Version

+- World of Pern (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Southern Pern (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: New Katila Weyr (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=81)
+---- Forum: Weyrfolk Housing (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=84)
+---- Thread: [G] [P] 734.12.23 | Good Prognosis (/showthread.php?tid=2534)

734.12.23 | Good Prognosis - I'shan - 23.Apr.14

Nothing was worse than getting good news, but having nobody to meaningfully share it with.

I'shan hobbled around his room, looking awkwardly at the bland walls. It was so dull now that most of the others had moved North! I'shan couldn't wait to join them, of course, but even if he wasn't hurt, he wouldn't have been able to. He was stuck there until his wing was given leave, and who knew how long that would be! At least his injury meant he didn't have to work.

Now, I'shan was in his room with his crutches and his boxes of pots and pans, feeling disgustingly alone. "I wish someone had stayed with me," he grumbled aloud as he delicately seated himself on the edge of his bed. His leg was still in a splint and he couldn't put his full weight on it, but he'd been told that it was getting better fast. It was well enough for short trips between, which meant I'shan would at least be able to go once his wing was released. He wanted so badly to be happy, but it was hard to be happy for a bunch of empty walls.

He huffed a little. He wanted to get up and move around, but he still couldn't. The fracture had mended, but it was still achy and stiff. The little healer warned him that he would need to do special exercises to get it back to the way it used to be. It was incredible, how even a relatively non-serious fracture could be such a pain in the ass. So now, instead of thinking about the excitement of going home and the dragonriders' rapidly changing fortunes, I'shan was stuck all alone, feeling sorry for himself.

His fire lizards fluttered around, occasionally chirping in his direction. Squee settled in I'shan's lap, which he recently seemed to consider his personal throne, and preened a bit. I'shan conjured a smile for him and petted him lightly. "Good boy. At least you guys love me."

Love, don't you think you are being a little dramatic...? Ilveriath whispered sweetly. His head rested neatly in the window, from which he attentively watched all of I'shan's movements. You are not abandoned. I am here, and I believe the healer has instructed the others to check on you frequently. He didn't reveal the details from his brief conversation with Khaduceth, but Ilveriath was confident that his prediction would come true. 

Ilveriath was more worried than he cared to appear. He purred a little bit, hoping to soothe his depressed partner. You should be happy. You will be well soon. Your bone has mended, all that remains in regaining your strength....

I'shan perked up the slightest bit, but deflated quickly. "You're right," he conceded. "I'm just so sick of being stuck in bed, and being a burden on everyone," he muttered. He rolled his eyes. "Would it kill my friends to visit?" He was being, as Ilveriath termed it, dramatic. I'shan was stuck in the south with good company. R'nd and C'dhin never neglected him, he was just lonely right now. He had good news to share!

Ilveriath snorted. What could he even say to that? Don't fret so much, dear...They know that you desire to see them. I have made it clear. Perhaps one of them will visit once he is able... he said, masking his exasperation as he insistently pushed his snout forward and watched his rider closely. Dramatic...What an understatement. Ilveriath did feel for his poor bonded, though. Three and a half months in bed would drive anyone crazy!

Re: Good Prognosis [C'dhin] - C'dhin - 07.May.14

Ever since the majority of the population packed up to go to Telgar, C’dhin had found himself more in demand in the kitchen for meal prep. He really wasn’t that good at proper meals since he liked the delicacy and perfect timing that came with creating desserts but he knew how to chop vegetables and peel fruits which that seemed more than good enough for the kitchenfolk that stayed and liked to give out orders. He lingered after his chopping duties were done, waiting patiently for the official word to pass that the midday meal was ready so he could grab a couple plates of the light meal.

Leaving the kitchen with a plate in each hand, C’dhin made his way over to the room he was coming to know far too well, just as his feet knew the path without his mind really focusing on the task. It wasn’t a daily trek but it was done regularly enough that the greenrider was almost comfortable with what he was doing. It wasn’t that he didn’t like visiting I’shan, in fact he adored spending time with the witty bluerider, but after their first meeting and his horrible imagination that landed him in an awkward situation with Vendaris, C’dhin was still a little self-conscious at times.

It didn’t help anything that sometimes he felt like he was intruding when he showed up and R’nd was already visiting I’shan. Those two had an amazing dynamic that seemed so natural. If he didn’t already know how tightly entwined R’nd seemed to be with B’jin, C’dhin would have wondered about the two blueriders and if his runaway fantasies were a waste. He never felt unwelcomed though and R’nd always greeted him with a smile and made room for him. Still, C’dhin waited outside the door for a moment to see if I’shan already had visitors before finally giving it a light knock after shuffling the plates around and let himself in.

“Hi, I’shan! I come bearing food again today but it’s not as sweet as the usual treats. Although, I guess the fruit still is,” C’dhin chuckled as he freely babbled away like usual and waltzed over to I’shan, presenting the plates for inspection. “How’s it going today?”

Re: Good Prognosis [C'dhin] - I'shan - 11.May.14

I'shan felt a wave of relief wash over him as that familiar, playful voice reached his ears. He looked eagerly to the door his smiling face greeting C'dhin as he entered. "As if I would ever complain about free food!"  I'shan preened excitedly.  He started to rise to his feet, but Ilveriath cautiously reminded him that he shouldn't. It was frustrating, but I'shan was too pleased to have company to really be frustrated. He just wriggled a little bit, gleefully trying to contain his excitement. "It's about time, you know! How long as it been since you came to visit me? I'm going to waste away in here, all alone..."

He winked. He knew it hadn't really been that long. C'dhin had been dutiful in his visits, but it was fun to be dramatic. It also revealed a little bit of the bluerider's desperation. He hated being alone, and no matter how often his friends visited, he would continue to feel trapped and bored until he finally had his mobility back. Joking about it made him feel a little better, though.

Afterwards, I'shan glanced around the largely empty room and shrugged. "It's okay. Healer said I'm well enough to go between. Well, not all the time..but enough that I can go to Telgar once the wing is reassigned." How badly he wanted to go! It would be so exciting! He would miss the warm weather and the lovely landscapes, but he could always come and visit. It would be nice to meet new people, too. He'd heard that the northerners were slowly warming up to the dragonriders' return! The young ones, in any case, and that was all they needed! He would be so proud to show Ilveriath off to the hold children. Maybe he would even be allowed to search again...for real this time! His eyes flickered in excitement and the leaned closed to C'dhin. "How about you? Other than cooking something that smells delicious..."

Re: Good Prognosis [C'dhin] - C'dhin - 18.May.14

C’dhin stuck his tongue out the bluerider when he playfully complained about being alone and slowly starving into nothingness. He could tell I’shan had in fact slimmed down a bit from being bed bound for so long but it didn’t look unhealthy and, if he were being honest, it was pretty attractive. He never really thought about it, thinking he didn’t have a preferred type for what he was into, but I’shan’s build was definitely ranking pretty high lately but so was his hair, eyes and laugh. Making himself flustered, C’dhin quickly moved to set the plates on the nearby table to distract himself.

“That’s great, I’shan!” C’dhin spun back around, beaming as he heard the news that his friend would be able to travel again soon. Not only would he be able to get out of the small room and walk around freely once more, but he’d be able to leave Katila soon as well. Well, as soon as their wing was allowed to. C’dhin had been annoyed by not being able to go to Telgar with most of the population but like everything else, he finally shut up and adapted to what he was given. Besides, a couple of friends and I’shan were still at Katila so it wasn’t so bad.

“I haven’t been doing much. Helping with getting the kitchen and dining area properly built up again and showing up for wing practice, that’s about it. I don’t live a very exciting and action-packed life,” he chuckled and sat on the edge of the bed since the room lacked in any other seating options. “But I feel kind of useful so I guess it’s not too bad. Although D’hys keeps threatening me with private exercise lessons with him if I don’t improve my time in dashing and work on my stamina. My stamina is pretty damn fine if you ask me.” He scowled for a moment and then pouted.

Re: Good Prognosis [C'dhin] - I'shan - 22.May.14

I'shan loved how easily flustered C'dhin could be. It made I'shan feel attractive and even powerful, knowing that the adorable greenrider would so quickly begin to blush and swoon in his presence. I'shan wavered between ego and self-doubt as it was, so that little boost was often just what he needed to get through the day. It was no wonder that he surrounded himself by people who flattered him, and this little gem of a greenie was among the finest he'd found!

That's not the only reason you keep him around Ilveriath teased slyly. I'shan started to blush himself. Shush! he spat back. He didn't want to hear it right now! So what if he'd been awfully fixated on the greenrider since they met? C'dhin made him feel special! You're terrible! But he wasn't. He was wonderful, because what he said was absolutely true. C'dhin wasn't just a little tag-along meant to keep I'shan's ego boosted. He was quickly turning into a wonderful friend and a much-needed companion for this lonely time. Shards, he had been thinking about the man an awful lot, hadn't he?

I'shan wriggled in place, slightly embarrassed and completely excited. "Private exercise? You better watch you for that one," he warned, though there wasn't much grvity to his voice. He liked D'hys, and being in the position where he felt he needed to 'protect' a greenrider from him what an unusual one indeed. He didn't think his fellow bluerider would do anything too illicit, but it was probably worth a mention! "He's a heartbreaker, as I'm sure you've heard...and he's got a thing for adorable greenriders with nice bodies. He probably just wants any excuse to feast his eyes." And maybe more. I'shan pouted as well and stretched his arms out. "...C'mere. I won't let him mess with you!"

Re: Good Prognosis [C'dhin] - C'dhin - 25.May.14

C’dhin’s face scrunched up into a look of distaste as I’shan gave out the far too late warning about D’hys. He had heard whisperings before Impressing but didn’t pay them much mind and it never seemed like all that many people agreed on whether or not he was a jerk or why he came across as a tad cold or down right frigid depending on who was asked. He crossed his arms over his chest and turned slightly away from I’shan to look out the small window and caught a glimpse of the pretty blue dragon lying outside. “Yeah, I’ve heard he’s crushed some hearts and yeah, I definitely know about his fetish or whatever you want to call it when it comes to greenriders.”

He paused a moment, still annoyed at his bad luck with bonding to a horny green that couldn’t stop rising and the way D’hys seemed to be toying with him by winning all but one flight – which he hadn’t even entered anyway – that his polar opposite V’ler had won. Turning back to I’shan, C’dhin saw the bluerider held his arms out to go with the invitation of protection and he frowned as his arms uncrossed and fell to his sides. “Too late. His damnable dragon keeps winning Coroth’s flights. Pretty sure it’s a game to D’hys but at least he has a hot body to admire afterward even if I’m sore for days afterward.”

Finally, with a pout solidly in place, C’dhin gave into the desire that had him going to I’shan and finding his way into the man’s arms as gently as possible as he was still worried about causing pain if he touched the injured leg. “Anyway, you think I have a nice body?” C’dhin grinned, deciding he kind of liked that idea of another bluerider taking note of his, admittedly, less than stellar body.

Re: Good Prognosis [C'dhin] - I'shan - 04.Jun.14

I'shan pouted as well. "He's been chasing your green?" And hogging all the tail for himself? That insidious bastard! I'shan usually commended D'hys on his flawless execution and masterful ways, but was he feeling a little bit...jealous? Jealous!? The bluerider squeezed C'dhin firmly as the slender beauty slipped into his arms, and planted a possessive kiss right on his cheek.

"You do," I'shan confirmed with a firm nod. "You have a very nice one, and from the sound of it, I'm going to have to fix this situation once my leg is better and Ilveriath is comfortable chasing greens again." I'shan really did keep insisting that he would be fine and Ilveriath could get back to it. I'shan was awfully pent-up and could really use a nice flight, but it seemed Ilveriath knew him better than he knew himself.

He gave C'dhin another fierce squeeze. "...As soon as Im on my feet again, I'm winning you," he declared. Hah! He wasn't sure if Ilveriath actually stood a chance against D'hys' stud of a blue, but he could still claim that he did! Wasn't believing it first step to making it happen? Besides, he'd had an awful lot of fun with C'dhin so far, and he was pretty damn limited by that broken leg. He could only imagine how crazy good the precious greenrider would be during a flight! Oooh, this had to happen!

"...And I'm going to make sure he doesn't pester you at wing practice anymore!" I'shan went on, hardly registering the bravado that came out of his mouth. What exactly did he intend to do to stop it, bitch at D'hys until he was annoyed and walked away? That sure was a solid strategy! No, I'shan was more or less helpless in the situation, but he sure wanted to help. He wanted to, and he would try!

Re: Good Prognosis [C'dhin] - C'dhin - 07.Jun.14

Currently, C’dhin was having a hard time believing anyone could beat Zeianth when the icy-hide dragon entered his flight but he appreciated I’shan’s attempt at cheering him up. In fact, it was nice to hear someone was excited to give chase, and, even better, C’dhin wanted this particular bluerider to enter and win. I’shan was a pretty decent guy and he could only imagine how wild a flight would end up being with him once he was fully healed and neither of them had to worry about injuries and refraining from doing anything. “I can’t really say I’m opposed to the idea of two blueriders vying for my attention. Coroth likes the idea as well,” he added the latter portion with an eye roll as his annoying green chimed in with her own opinion on the matter. Of course the little whore would love having more dragons chase and want her!

“Eh, don’t worry about wing practice,” C’dhin added hastily after I’shan’s brave speech to approach D’hys about the extra training. It was done for a reason, most likely, and not done out of spite or torment. C’dhin knew he was a bit lazy at times and Coroth could definitely work on her turns a bit more so it definitely wasn’t something to make a fuss over. “I’ll let you know if he really does start harassing me though.” He promised after a moment with a smile. It was nice to have a bluerider interested in his flights but it was even better to have that bluerider interested in sticking up for him and making sure he wasn’t the new bait for the day. He’d be the envy of the other greenriders! Well, maybe not B’jin; that one held favour with a bronzerider and had a bluerider ready to defend his honour. Still, there were plenty of others who would be jealous!

“I am glad I’m still playing motivation for your healing though,” he teased and poked lightly at I’shan’s leg. He knew it was healing well and such an action shouldn’t hurt but a quick glance to I’shan’s face was still given to verify a wince of pain didn’t cross his features. That would be his luck; make decent progress with the bluerider only to ruin it with one tiny gesture.

Re: Good Prognosis [C'dhin] - I'shan - 19.Jun.14

"Well!" I'shan breathed enthusiastically, perhaps even a bit too much. "She's going to love it when Ilveriath wins, then!" He had no idea if Ilveriath stood even a shadow of a chance against Zeianth, but he was a bluerider, and blueriders trash talked. It would be an insult to his dragon if he didn't put in a vote of confidence, and an insult to his fair greenrider just the same! I'shan smirked, shrugging casually and slipping in to steal a quick kiss from the adorable man's cheek. "...And okay. I'll play it cool, but you tell me if he gives you a hard time."

Again, his words were bold but the greenrider's response filled him with satisfaction. C'dhin clearly knew that I'shan would run to his aid if he needed! I'shan knew the scene was a lot more likely to play out differently in real life, though:

"D'hys! Dude, can you please not torment my favorite greenrider who I'm trying to steal from you?" I'shan would say.

D'hys would laugh. And not say anything else. Or maybe he'd walk away while he laughed. Or maybe he'd say something devastatingly clever and made I'shan drool stupidly as he sought a comeback of his own. On a really bad day, maybe he'd swing. Not likely, though. D'hys was too cool to resort to violence, at least against a non-threat like I'shan.

Shards I'shan wished he was that cool. But, to hell with it! He wanted this greenrider, and if it meant going up against a fellow bluerider that he both respected and admitted, he would do it!

When C'dhin poked at I'shan's leg and made that quickly little glance to check for pain, he was greeted instead by a wide, impish grin. "Harder," I'shan crooned tauntingly. "You're going to have to get used to handling me a little rougher," he boasted. "...I'm going to be well soon, and catching you won't be much of an issue then..." He set his hand on C'dhin's leg and smirked, as if issuing a challenge. "Move it," his grin said, "Or I'll do more."