World of Pern
Love me tender [D'ren] - Printable Version

+- World of Pern (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Southern Pern (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Old Katila (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=96)
+---- Forum: Personal Huts (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=108)
+---- Thread: Love me tender [D'ren] (/showthread.php?tid=177)

Love me tender [D'ren] - Tsuen - 13.Feb.12

Tsuen laid a hand on her stomach. She'd been doing so more and more as of late. How could she not, when there was a tiny life inside her? Oh, she'd given birth before, to children conceived both inside and outside of flightlust, but this one was... Different somehow. Perhaps it was D'ren. That the child could be no other's was a powerful feeling, and she had a feeling that he would see it the same way, though hopefully not feel trapped by it.

She had known for about two months now, but after the rumors that had been spreading like wildfire amongst the weyrfolk (Drugs, indeed!) she had elected not to immediately spread the word, but instead discreetly alter her clothing to hide her growing bulk. She was getting to the point now, though, that she could no longer expand her clothing, the hard roundness of her stomach seeming to show no matter how much the garments flowed. The child had begun kicking, seldom and light, but noticeable, even from the outside. And so, now it was time.

She called D'ren to her cabin via Nirinath, wanting this to be a very private occasion, though she was sure that at least one pair of dragon eyes would be staring in through the windows, if not through the eyes of their respective bonded. When he arrived, Tsuen was standing in the center of the room, and she was positive she was glowing. Her eyes were downturned, slightly, and she approached him, took his hand in hers. Without an ounce of impending doom in her voice, just wonder and happiness, she spoke: "D'ren... I'm pregnant." And she laid his hand against her abdomen, proof that she was indeed with child.

Re: Love me tender [D'ren] - D'ren - 13.Feb.12

Ronarth was in an amazing mood. D'ren couldn't put his finger on why, but he wasn't thinking too hard about it. Ronarth was a happy dragon and was prone to bursts of exuberance, so the rider saw no reason for this to be any different. It made washing the beast a bit of a hassle, but by the time the sun started to sink below the horizon, the job was done and D'ren had mostly dried off.

Days like this reminded him of being a weyrling. Those has been simple and carefree times, when he could enjoy a little romp in the water with his lifemate and not worry about problems to come. He imagined everyone daydreamed about such things from time to time. When Ronarth received a gentle invitation from Nirinath, such daydreaming came to an abrupt end. 

Ronarth changed his angle mid-flight. The pair had been on their way to fetch dinner, but this was more pressing. Tsuen wants you Ronarth explained before D'ren could ask.

D'ren's immediate instinct was to worry, but something about Ronarth's calm, soothing attitude deterred him. He still wondered what it possibly could mean as the pair made their way to Tsuen's hut and landed. D'ren dismounted and stepped inside, a bit embarrassed at his current state of dress; he was wearing a ratty old outfit he used for particularly dirty jobs, which these days amounted to washing Ronarth. It was little more than rags, really. Hardly anything for him to actually be seen in, especially by the Weyrwoman!

His embarrassment faded immediately when Tsuen approached him and took his hands. He started to ask what was going on, but she provided an answer before he could even ask the question.

After a moment of slack-jawed shock, his hands curled reflexively around hers and squeezed. "Tsuen...really?" he asked gently, running his hand over her swollen abdomen. He could tell without question that it was true.

His heart skipped a beat. "Tsuen...That's amazing!" he gasped, throwing both arms around her in a firm but gentle embrace.

Re: Love me tender [D'ren] - Tsuen - 27.Feb.12

Tsuen squeezed D'ren back just as tightly, pleased at his reaction to her news. She had been so worried that he would not embrace the child as his own despite the timing of it (because a child added a whole new level to things) and while, as leaders, they would still have to employ the creche to assist with the care and upbringing of the child, the two of them working together could put more into the child than she alone could.

"I was so pleased when I figured it out. And I'm glad you're happy as well." Her voice was filled with merriment. "What gender would you like it to be? I think I'd be happy with either. I have had both boys and girls and found that each has their quirks." Secretly though? The goldrider was hoping for a girl. She would not have said so, however.

"The baby should be born by Early Spring, if I count right, but I won't be able to hide him or her much longer unless I stay here all the time. But I wanted to let you know before anybody else suspected. I haven't even been to Healer Hall yet." She would have to do that within the next few days. Lymsleia was an expert in that particular field of knowledge and while Tsuen had experience on her side, it would not hurt to have the Healer-Candidate's go-ahead.

Re: Love me tender [D'ren] - D'ren - 28.Feb.12

Oh, how could he not be happy? He'd wanted children his entire life, but circumstances had prevented it. He didn't just want errant dragonspawn running around the weyr with various mothers, he wanted a family. Ronarth had been favored by a young queen back at Ista, but the plague hit before anything real could come of that...and well, Ronarth didn't chase greens. Thank Faranth!

He'd started to think he was out of time. He wasn't old, but he would be before long.  He let out a happy sigh and lowered his head, pressing his lips against Tsuen's neck and squeezing her reassuringly. "Oh, Tsu...." he sighed. "I don't care either way," he said lowly. It could be a watch-wher and he'd still love it.

Early spring, was it? He smiled. "I can't wait," he said, lifting one hand and stroking her cheek with his thumb. He found himself overwhelmed with protective impulses. He already knew she would probably work herself too hard during her pregnancy, that he would try to stop her and she would tell him not to worry himself so. The thought amused him as much as it worried him. Oh, how he would fuss over her!

Little human!? Ronarth asked excitedly, his snout hovering just outside the window. Will it play with me? he asked both of them. D'ren laughed. "Ronarth...don't crowd the hut, you'll knock another window out..."